Jaguar XF or Audi A5?

Soya

Saw the weekend ad for the Jag XF going at $189k. Juz curious, which would tickle your fancy more - the 3.0L XF or the 2.0T A5?

↡ Advertisement

Saw the weekend ad for the Jag XF going at $189k. Juz curious, which would tickle your fancy more - the 3.0L XF or the 2.0T A5?

i take the jag. simply cos its rarer on the road... and 189 is a pretty good price.

The XF looks really ugly to me from the front. Also the interior looks very cheap next to the Audi's. It might be better to drive but as an ownership proposition I'd take the A5 any day.

Jag chassis and driving dynamics is legendary. But their main achilles heel is their engine and transmission..... transmission they are using ZF 6 speeder ... not too bad, but engine... well, the 3.0 is really old.... unless go for 4.2L ..which will cost more in the long run in terms of roadtax and FC, compared to A5 2.0T S-tronic.

Unless Jag improve its engine lineup to include new Ford Ecoboost engine ... it'll be nice to have Ford's 2.0T 240bhp + Powershift transmission in the XF.

I love XF's rear but the front is a disappointment from the earlier concept model.A5 is only a 4 seater,not that practical.

I would be eagerly awaiting the new 2011/2012 A6 though.

Edited by Taciturn

Jaguar, the transmission knob's movement when starting is super cool.

A5 pretty common, tho Jag's engine is a bit of a weak link as far as 6 cylinders goes.....

In this comparison, i'll take the Jag..cos if i ever would to consider getting a '5' from Audi, it would be a S5..

usually wouldn't want to take the 'lesser' model if there is a higher end one around..and am not talking about a difference of slapping on bodykit or spoiler and calling it a 'sport'..

Neutral Newbie

I am an Audi fan, so will prefer the A5...

I love XF's rear but the front is a disappointment from the earlier concept model.A5 is only a 4 seater,not that practical.

I would be eagerly awaiting the new 2011/2012 A6 though.

I have no heard of an A6 refresh though, any links to share? :D

In this comparison, i'll take the Jag..cos if i ever would to consider getting a '5' from Audi, it would be a S5..

usually wouldn't want to take the 'lesser' model if there is a higher end one around..and am not talking about a difference of slapping on bodykit or spoiler and calling it a 'sport'..

Xf also has higher model, the xf-r. Just saying

purely personal taste:- the CAT!!! ............. even some of the old CATs are collectibles... can most ppl remember how audi looked like 10-20 years ago?.... many still rember Jaguar's 30-year old models..... :D

Tata vs VW u mean? [:p]

Oh I forgot.... hee.

But the originals should still be Ford chassis, engine and drivetrain....

Chassis: The Ford DEW platform (or DEW98)

engine: AJ series.... basically Ford Duratec engines

Drivetrain: ZF 6HP28

Ncap: 4 star

Nice Ford and probably with updates from Tata bin parts in new facelift. [rolleyes]

test drove Jag. quite boring drive even compared to your C-class.

A5 much better interior though but outside gets boring after awhile.

Wont get either of these too will get an E coupe

↡ Advertisement