Parking at NEX Shopping Mall at Serangoon - Sucks!!

Speed_ong

Went there around 11 plus in the morning and long queue outside carpark. Carpark was like a HDB mulitstorey carpark with very limited lots. Only manage to go up 2nd floor before getting stuck inside for another 15mins and told to leave the carpark by security as inside the carpark was totally jam up. Take the MRT there next time. Save you time and petrol! Very poor car park design and poor management. Security people not doing their job well and long queue of cars outside waiting to go in. [furious]

↡ Advertisement

My 5 cents- it's a new mall and a lot of people will be going there. You can't expect smooth traffic in this case. Just park at those HDB carpark there's a lot of lots for you to choose from

My 5 cents- it's a new mall and a lot of people will be going there. You can't expect smooth traffic in this case. Just park at those HDB carpark there's a lot of lots for you to choose from

Thats what I think so, but judging on the number of cars going there. The HDB carparks next to the mall will mostly be full. MRT still the best choice. Learn my lesson. :wacko:

Anyway, the carpark layout was quite bad. Went to so many shopping centres in Singapore. This one can consider one of the worst design. Maybe the upper decks are better but never manage to reach there. Security guards attitude sucks too!! Shouting at the drivers to exit.

Are there any interesting shops at NEX? Don't want to go there and see the same old franchised shops every shopping centre has

I think all the shopping malls now standard one. When 313 and Central opened, things also seems pretty standardize. Only maybe the mall design more exquisite and luxury. Time to head down some day this week since its like only 1 stop away from my home.

I was there.

The design is really cmi. If one car gets stuck, the whole system fails as its the layout is narrow and unidirectional. Not only will the incoming traffic be held up, the outgoing gets stalled too, adding to the delay. In the end the mall has to activate its security guards to direct traffic by stopping cars from entering and letting those exiting cars go first.

Frankly speaking,dun see how much they can improve when it is a systematic design flaw. You guys can go try it out and see if yr heng or suay.

Edited by Kungming

the shopping centre just open, certain things and systems still not in place and has to be fine tuned la, including car park. also, my family went there on sunday, it was packed as sardine. avoid going there at weekend at least for the first few months.

Thats what I think so, but judging on the number of cars going there. The HDB carparks next to the mall will mostly be full. MRT still the best choice. Learn my lesson. :wacko:

dont think the HDB car park will be full. They have a lot of car parks nearby and each car park can easily accomodate few hundreds car.

↡ Advertisement