VW Tiguan or Ford Kuga or new BMW X3

Taciturn

Why?Value for money?It looks a little bland

For that 2L engine , it is quite powerful. Yeah it does look bland , but is is quite spacious.. and it is a Volkswagen.. Das Auto.. = People's Car.. [:p][laugh]

I know it is an unfair comparison.I am inclined towards compact BMW SUVs.X1 is a little too small for my liking.

My head said Kuga for its value for money buy while my heart leans towards X3.

Which would u choose?

I was at Regent on Tuesday, & frankly I do not like the Kuga. Looks too squat and the interior's quality is not comparable to other contis (I can never understand why Clarkson n gang swoons over Ford). I absolutely cannot stand the new X3 rectangular headlight (I like the X1 & X5, & even X6 more)....... Tiguan - not much impression; frankly i am getting a bit bored by VW....

Q5?

I was at Regent on Tuesday, & frankly I do not like the Kuga. Looks too squat and the interior's quality is not comparable to other contis (I can never understand why Clarkson n gang swoons over Ford). I absolutely cannot stand the new X3 rectangular headlight (I like the X1 & X5, & even X6 more)....... Tiguan - not much impression; frankly i am getting a bit bored by VW....

Q5?

Honestly bro , I hate the X6's back design.. No offence to current X6 drivers.. Just my 2 cents..

Q5?

Seriously Q5 is overpriced with a 2.0L engine. Anyway I was looking at it but after test drive and hearing one from outside struggling on a slope, pass. Good car if you are not too fussy about performance & engine refinement. The 3.2L is the one to get... then I start to think, at this engine size why not an X5 or ML? -_-

I havent seen the X3 in real form, maybe my next trip to Munich I can pop by the show room. I am sure it is not that bad given the reviews from many mag..... pls bring the 35i and I will seriously consider this car for the next one. In the mean time, COE is too high and sure kenna one big hole unless u have some cash to burn.

The alternative is to get used X3 old one.... cheap to maintain and low depreciation. You also get a creamy IL6 and Xdrive which are only available in premium model. Stick to the stock rims and you wont get bump ride. Also it is a utility car.... my wife have it for 3 yrs few yrs back when I was shifting house in between and it moved all my stuff and never failed me. No gremlins etc.... put the key in and floor it. :P

Good luck hunting.

Edited by Voxy28

Neutral Newbie

Seriously Q5 is overpriced with a 2.0L engine. Anyway I was looking at it but after test drive and hearing one from outside struggling on a slope, pass. Good car if you are not too fussy about performance & engine refinement. The 3.2L is the one to get... then I start to think, at this engine size why not an X5 or ML? -_-

I havent seen the X3 in real form, maybe my next trip to Munich I can pop by the show room. I am sure it is not that bad given the reviews from many mag..... pls bring the 35i and I will seriously consider this car for the next one. In the mean time, COE is too high and sure kenna one big hole unless u have some cash to burn.

The alternative is to get used X3 old one.... cheap to maintain and low depreciation. You also get a creamy IL6 and Xdrive which are only available in premium model. Stick to the stock rims and you wont get bump ride. Also it is a utility car.... my wife have it for 3 yrs few yrs back when I was shifting house in between and it moved all my stuff and never failed me. No gremlins etc.... put the key in and floor it. :P

Good luck hunting.

Any comment about XC60 2.0T?Wonder if it comes in R-design like the T6 model?

Good luck hunting.

yoo bro, i m not hunting, just sharing my view since someone asked

I stand corrected.

But this X3 probably in the category of XC60 not to be compared with the likes of Cayenne.

Definitely a car to look out for. Steady lah BMW.

Well... in terms of segments you are right. But if you go with performance then it is second to Cayenne S.

Definitely not comparable between a Cayenne and X3... unless you take the X5 M series vs Cayenne S. X5 M is 4.7 sec.... century sprint and 0-200 at 16.9 sec. [hur] You are looking at 555 bhp and 680 Nm of torque. I know there is one in SIN. 4.5L twin turbo..... :wub:

Anyway, this segment is definitely for people who burn cash without even blinking. For my threshold, X3 35I is sufficient for SIN.... prob 3rd fastest SUV after Cayenne S and the X5 M.

KNN, how fast you want to drive an SUV... I will prob max out at 120km/hr for a short sprint and say good bye to boy racer. [laugh]

Edited by Voxy28

I havent seen the Kuga and i'm biased towards BMW so i pick the X3.

if X5, ML350 or Cayenne, which one will you choose?

went to porsche showroom 2-3 weeks ago and see cayenne, a bit not up to expectation as i looking for spacious car. so among 3 suv, i dun choose but if really must choose, then will be X5:)

went to porsche showroom 2-3 weeks ago and see cayenne, a bit not up to expectation as i looking for spacious car. so among 3 suv, i dun choose but if really must choose, then will be X5:)

A8 and Q7 should be spacious enough for you.Looks like BMW SUVs are the most popular in the SUV segment.

A8 and Q7 should be spacious enough for you.Looks like BMW SUVs are the most popular in the SUV segment.

yup indeed true, Q7 is a good and spacious SUV, passenger in 2nd and 3rd row got enough space and spacious enough. A8 is really good :wub:

I personally like the tiguan but in the vw forum, it's being discussed as underpowered.

It is quite bland in design.For me now, the choice is between Kuga, Volvo XC60 and the upcoming X3.

yup indeed true, Q7 is a good and spacious SUV, passenger in 2nd and 3rd row got enough space and spacious enough. A8 is really good :wub:

I would be happy with XF or the new A6 when selecting a luxury sedan.Aston Martin Rapide would be best though.Haha

Edited by Taciturn

I would be happy with XF or the new A6 when selecting a luxury sedan.Aston Martin Rapide would be best though.Haha

XF good compared to A6, E250 and F10 cos its 3.0L and u can feel the luxury in XF.

Good luck hunting.

Hi Sorry for bringing up such an old post but is the X3 really cheap to maintain and low depreciation? IS it a reliable car?

↡ Advertisement