Hyundai Azera

Walterkoh

hi all,

i m looking for a used azera for my own use

anyone who has a unit selling, please let me know

cheers

[drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

haha. i guess you must have seen the sgcarmart used azeras.

one direct owner one but no attached photos (enquired that one already?), and an azera with grotesque rims.

but just curious.... why you choose an azera?

new car salesman going to be out of job soon. their good days are finally over

not for korean brands though. the new avante is coming out in June next year, while we can expect details of the new K5/Optima this month.

But June is an awful timing - not enough time to get into no. 1 spot in singapore.

Edited by Alfisti168

hi

i rather buy from people with reasonable price.

i have left KM for almost 4 years

buying it for the space power n comfort at a lower depreciation than other brands

the car is good

whether any car drinks or not, depends on the driving habit :)

know of a jazz owner who keep complaining that he gets only 11km/l

my previous IS250 i was getting 12.5km/l.

[drivingcar]

haha. i guess you must have seen the sgcarmart used azeras.

one direct owner one but no attached photos (enquired that one already?), and an azera with grotesque rims.

but just curious.... why you choose an azera?

hi to all,

have bought the azera last december (2006) in my favourite white :)

just a feedback after nearly a year's drive.

engine: smooth, quiet n responsive (236bhp is nice for such a big car, its the 304Nm torque that is fun to drive)

space: fantastic, its big

consumption: contrary to what many people's believe, this car dun drink as much, i m getting about 10km/l, which i feel its good for such a heavy, big car big cc

comfort: its nice n quiet, minimum tyre n wind noise, suspension is comfort bias

comments: i will still like to own the car for as long as i can, as it is not an expensive car. i will need to pay more than double if i were to choose a jap 2.0 liter car. i wish KMPL will bring in the latest new model for azera/grandeur or even the genesis. this will propel hyundai's image further, showing how far they have achieved in their latest big car models. the new azera/grandeur 3.0 litre is of 276bhp and nearly 310Nm of torque with 6-speed auto, very nice :)

Edited by Walterkoh

i remember not so long back i saw 2 2nd hand units for sale on SGmart. 40+k nia for a almost 3year old.

IMHO the most value for money car in singapore. Penty of serious power and yet not heavy on the pocket.

Well done bro!!!! :wub:^_^

hi to all,

have bought the azera last december (2006) in my favourite white :)

just a feedback after nearly a year's drive.

engine: smooth, quiet n responsive (236bhp is nice for such a big car, its the 304Nm torque that is fun to drive)

space: fantastic, its big

consumption: contrary to what many people's believe, this car dun drink as much, i m getting about 10km/l, which i feel its good for such a heavy, big car big cc

comfort: its nice n quiet, minimum tyre n wind noise, suspension is comfort bias

comments: i will still like to own the car for as long as i can, as it is not an expensive car. i will need to pay more than double if i were to choose a jap 2.0 liter car. i wish KMPL will bring in the latest new model for azera/grandeur or even the genesis. this will propel hyundai's image further, showing how far they have achieved in their latest big car models. the new azera/grandeur 3.0 litre is of 276bhp and nearly 310Nm of torque with 6-speed auto, very nice :)

I went to sgcarmart, really this car is value man. http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...635&DL=1188

Mileage is less than 30,000 km, 25k OMV, 3.3 lit V6, DVD and everything. and best of all, selling for 46K only, my July 06 Wish can sell same price with 20k OMV only and 140K mileage....

Can someone tell me whats the catch here??? try telling the truth.

i have spoken the truth as a owner myself n no longer a salesman talk :)

people in singapore r willing to pay high depreciation but duno why it pains them so much to pay a higher road tax a year. meaning, eg. they r willing to pay a higher monthly installment for a higher yearly depreciation honda accord 2.0 than a lower installment/depreciation hyundai azera bcos of higher road tax.

generally the depreciation alone for accord is about 9-10k yearly, while the depreciation n road tax for azera yearly is about 8k (bear in mind the road tax is about $2900 a year) :)

the other thing is singaporeans still think that jap cars better face value than koreans, but this to me is in the 70s or 80s, we must move on. hyundai have improved tremendously. afterall, the diff between honda n hyundai logo is straight n slanted "H"

if u can accept the road tax, go for the azera. u may choose to pay in 12 installments, think tat is not as heart pain. in return u get a more value for money car, space, comfort, power, quietness, smoothness :) go test the cars yourself

cheers

I think part of the reason why people get more popular model is the ease of future sale, and a better resale price. When i sold my '04 vios in 2007, there was no shortage of good offers from the dealers. Now i'm driving an underrated sirion and many dealers dont even know the models, lest offering a decent price. Having said that, my next car would still be an underrated car, cos it makes more $ sense like walterkoh puts it.

I think part of the reason why people get more popular model is the ease of future sale, and a better resale price. When i sold my '04 vios in 2007, there was no shortage of good offers from the dealers. Now i'm driving an underrated sirion and many dealers dont even know the models, lest offering a decent price. Having said that, my next car would still be an underrated car, cos it makes more $ sense like walterkoh puts it.

[laugh] It took me a year to sell off my Sirion Steak. Thanks to escalating COE and finally sold to a dealer with reasonable depreciation. :D

Was caught by surprise that a few dealers called me up to offer.

i have spoken the truth as a owner myself n no longer a salesman talk :)

people in singapore r willing to pay high depreciation but duno why it pains them so much to pay a higher road tax a year. meaning, eg. they r willing to pay a higher monthly installment for a higher yearly depreciation honda accord 2.0 than a lower installment/depreciation hyundai azera bcos of higher road tax.

generally the depreciation alone for accord is about 9-10k yearly, while the depreciation n road tax for azera yearly is about 8k (bear in mind the road tax is about $2900 a year) :)

the other thing is singaporeans still think that jap cars better face value than koreans, but this to me is in the 70s or 80s, we must move on. hyundai have improved tremendously. afterall, the diff between honda n hyundai logo is straight n slanted "H"

if u can accept the road tax, go for the azera. u may choose to pay in 12 installments, think tat is not as heart pain. in return u get a more value for money car, space, comfort, power, quietness, smoothness :) go test the cars yourself

cheers

Agree, good buy if and only if its second hand like this one on sgcarmart as the depreciation is high for this korean 1st owner.

I lost 10 k / year when I sold off my 04 hyundai matrix in 2007, 65k to 30k in 3 years. If I had bought an altis new at 78K in 2004, i could have sold it for at least 50k in 2007, this is assuming pickup, reliability and FC to be the same.

My point is given the same depreciation of 10k per year, I really regretted buying my 1st car korean and new. The 2nd owner who bought my matrix would be happy as it would have only cost him but the gearbox was giving way already.......

Unless the market perceive Korean make differently, given the same depreciation per year, why not jap?

Thats why korean 2nd hand is always a better buy if reliability is the same as japan.

my routine is 50% highway n 50% city.

i constantly get around 9.8L/100km = 10.2km/L.

driving habit depends on mood, sometimes when i feel like havving a little fun, i will use the "h-matic" to control gearshift, else i leave it to the smooth gear change on its own :)

even though i do 50% highway, evening time is usually jam jam jam on pie!!!

↡ Advertisement