Tanjong Jara Resort

Parkwalker

Hi,

Wonder if any of you have gone to this resort in Dungun, Terrengganu?

Never heard of the place and trying to do some research...

Hear from you all soon...

↡ Advertisement

Currently, YTL Corp @ Wisma (#02) got promo. $599 for 2 nites by Firefly .

5 star resort style hotel. Like the Datai @ Langkawi , very luxe type.

Veri cheap with this promo.

• Praise 2

I would recommend that you take the full package which includes the meals because there is nothing worthwhile to eat in the nearby town of Dungun or anywhere near the area.

Also, try the spa, its worth it.

Considering going this November. Understand the this resort is not exactly children friendly, but I guess we can spend most of the day out at the beach.

Seems like November's the peak of the monsoon, so the prices are quite attractive.

Considering going this November. Understand the this resort is not exactly children friendly, but I guess we can spend most of the day out at the beach.

Seems like November's the peak of the monsoon, so the prices are quite attractive.

Nice resort with luxurious room, I especially like the bathroom. The benchfront restaurant serves decent food and surprisingly good keropok lekor. They have 2 swimming pools and kids are barred from one of them. If you know of a good family package, PM me, place is ex without promotion.

How much is a room?

[laugh]

peak monsoon means raining every day, very big waves and dangerous to swim. This is for the whole east coast of malaysia. Some places like tioman are even closed for the period.

Edited by Mightymito

Nice resort with luxurious room, I especially like the bathroom. The benchfront restaurant serves decent food and surprisingly good keropok lekor. They have 2 swimming pools and kids are barred from one of them. If you know of a good family package, PM me, place is ex without promotion.

I signed up for the rooms only under directrooms.com - prices are in the USD120~USD130 range for certain dates. Quite a steal. Didn't go for any of the packages.

The idea is to simply chill out at a luxo resort after my son's PSLE.

How much is a room?

I've indicated in the earlier post. And the no. of rooms offered at this rate are very limited. Strike while the iron's hot.

[laugh]

peak monsoon means raining every day, very big waves and dangerous to swim. This is for the whole east coast of malaysia. Some places like tioman are even closed for the period.

I'm aware of the risk. In the past many years, I've driven up the east coast during the monsoon period and have been greeted with showers in the early morning and late afternoon, in between offering 6 hours of sunshine. It may not turn out this way of course, but we are prepared to make hay when the sun shines. :D

I signed up for the rooms only under directrooms.com - prices are in the USD120~USD130 range for certain dates. Quite a steal. Didn't go for any of the packages.

The idea is to simply chill out at a luxo resort after my son's PSLE.

That is a good price, I have checked the website, the promotion has probably ended, it costs more than USD200 per room now. Quite sometime back, they have full board package for 2 adults at RM500+ per night, it was good value for money.

I'm aware of the risk. In the past many years, I've driven up the east coast during the monsoon period and have been greeted with showers in the early morning and late afternoon, in between offering 6 hours of sunshine. It may not turn out this way of course, but we are prepared to make hay when the sun shines. :D

FYI for your safety considerations

I too, drove to Lake Kenyir nearing the end of the monsoon in Jan two yrs back and the kampong leading to the resort was still flooded when I hit the road..

The plus side-> Weather was amazingly cool and, I had the resort all to myself [;)]

Have a good trip.

:D Yeah another consideration is that roads or surrounding area may be flooded. The resort itself may be alright but might affect the trip to and from.

And would the resort itself become an emergency relief centre [:)]

FYI for your safety considerations

I too, drove to Lake Kenyir nearing the end of the monsoon in Jan two yrs back and the kampong leading to the resort was still flooded when I hit the road..

The plus side-> Weather was amazingly cool and, I had the resort all to myself [;)]

Have a good trip.

Ah, maybe that explains the attractive pricing. Thanks for sharing.

I was at Lake Kenyir in December some years back. On the way back, some of the smaller link roads were flooded (passable to their trucks and landrovers). I detoured 20km before heading for the coastal road to avoid the flooded stretches.

You're right, the resort was almost empty, the weather was amazingly cool, and the pool was near freezing.

How far is the resort from kuantan? Thinking of going if not that far...

Back from kenyir 2 weeks ago, took me 8.5 hours drive from Sing by route 3.

How far is the resort from kuantan? Thinking of going if not that far...

Back from kenyir 2 weeks ago, took me 8.5 hours drive from Sing by route 3.

↡ Advertisement