Where best to sell old laptop for some money?

Nutsack

Have an old Core 2 Duo 13" Acer laptop. Battery not working very well (only needs cheap and simple replacing) oredi but everything in good condition.

Was wondering where to offload it for at least a few hundred bucks, and the best place to get the price.

Any guys with experience of doing the same? Any referrals or recommendations?

Not too sure whether I should be going Sim Lim to get rid of it. Have a feeling I may get chopped or go home without having gotten a reasonable offer.

I'm kinda expecting somewhere between $400-500. Is that reasonable from your experience?

↡ Advertisement

$40-50 more likely to be offered by these dealers aka 2nd hand car dealers. [:p]

The karung guni man only pay me $10 for my Apple iBook.

Edited by Kangadrool

Bro have u checked out the new laptop prices? Can get iCore 5 at less than 1k with warranty. Ur Acer with dying battery, lucky if can get $200. 2nd hand lappy not much value as they are disposable consumer goods. Use 3 years then throw/donate as they are likely to fail around there.

dude,

if u are looking for a laptop that is a work horse for purely work, i'll highly recommend getting the old IBM think pads.

2 yrs ago ( may 08), i bought an old X61 for $800 ( 2nd hand), maybe now if u can find one, it'll be that price range.

excellent for work ( i don play games on this ).

If not, go try look for an old IBm Think pad T41 or T42, though antique technology, it will work well ( though the T series is bigger than the X series). but that will definitely fit your budget :)

I'm still using the old 2nd hand X61 ( using it to type this reply) and i love it man :)

Cheers1

dude,

if u are looking for a laptop that is a work horse for purely work, i'll highly recommend getting the old IBM think pads.

2 yrs ago ( may 08), i bought an old X61 for $800 ( 2nd hand), maybe now if u can find one, it'll be that price range.

excellent for work ( i don play games on this ).

If not, go try look for an old IBm Think pad T41 or T42, though antique technology, it will work well ( though the T series is bigger than the X series). but that will definitely fit your budget :)

I'm still using the old 2nd hand X61 ( using it to type this reply) and i love it man :)

Cheers1

hey man,

i mis read your thread, so pai seh,

but like one of the bros said, if u can donate it to charity, it will be better lah, u'll feel good :)

sorry ah,, OT ur topic,

paiseh

Actually, sometime trade-in don't need to bring computer down to trade also. Auto they deduct off the price. hehehee :D :D :D

They can't be bothered as it's a logistics challenge especially during trade show.

That's what happened when I bought my iBook and vaccumn cleaner.

Edited by Kangadrool

lots of options TS... [idea]

SLS, Cash converter, garung guni, online...also can try some shophouses along race course road, dickson road (around little india area), got some computer parts supplier takes in 2nd hand pc/notebook/accessories to ship back to India/china etc. I sold my CRT monitor there for $5-$10 per piece. [:p]

But hor, I think Acer brand not much resale value, and they do check on item (battery, dead pixels etc)...

2 cents

Karung guni still the best though you get the least unless you have plenty of others to sell too (economy of scale). Imagine, petrol and parking charges just to bring them down and some will be rejected. Then, you have to carry back!

Edited by Kangadrool

Well....can actually go to VR-zone. There is a "Singapore Marketplace / Garage Sales" over there where you can sell off your old computer stuff. Its much better than any garang guni and shops at SLS. Alternatively, you can try ebay.

I got a good bargain for a 2nd hand Thinkpad X31 from VR-zone.

Yea I was thinking of giving it away. But I wanna make sure

It goes to someone who needs one and can't afford it instead of someone who's cheap and looking for a freebie.

Yea I was thinking of giving it away. But I wanna make sure

It goes to someone who needs one and can't afford it instead of someone who's cheap and looking for a freebie.

Thats a good idea, give it to someone that deserves an old laptop [thumbsup]

Here are the specs of the Acer Aspire 5680. it was pretty high spec for it's time. thanks so much for all your responses. :) hopefully I'll be able to get it for +/- $300. :)

2.0GHz Intel

↡ Advertisement