New Audi A8L or S Class?

Stanley30949

appreciate your comments on both cars, A8L impressed me a lot. What do you think? thanks.

S class nice, just tested drive it last week and nice, LED headlight, comfortable, really luxury, nice sunroof, got rear seat adjustment but the acceleration a bit slow,for acceleration, go for new A8 or 740Li.

S-class is a 5-year old design but remains at the top of its game.

A8L is brand new, but design wise it's really a larger A4 now.

at that level where money doesn't matter, take whichever that makes you feel better when you step out of it on a monday morning.

S class nice, just tested drive it last week and nice, LED headlight, comfortable, really luxury, nice sunroof, got rear seat adjustment but the acceleration a bit slow,for acceleration, go for new A8 or 740Li.

A8L the 3.2L one also slow plus it is FWD. The fast one is the quattro AWD 4.2L V8, in which case must compare with S500, also V8.

If looking for pure acceleration, 740Li with the turbo 6 can whack both Audi and Merc NA V8. If not enough, there is the Bmw 4.4L turbo V8. Then got to bring in the S8 and S600 turbo V12 for comparison liao...

A8L the 3.2L one also slow plus it is FWD. The fast one is the quattro AWD 4.2L V8, in which case must compare with S500, also V8.

If looking for pure acceleration, 740Li with the turbo 6 can whack both Audi and Merc NA V8. If not enough, there is the Bmw 4.4L turbo V8. Then got to bring in the S8 and S600 turbo V12 for comparison liao...

I mean the new a8 2011 not the old one, see the spec 0-100 at 6s!!! 3.0L engine not 3.2

appreciate your comments on both cars, A8L impressed me a lot. What do you think? thanks.

If it were me , i will choose S-Class

All the Audi look alike , i am not surprise if the next generation A6 is similiar as A8 .

I think you need to compare 740Li to the S500 which uses a naturally aspirated V8,

but in terms of style I still think the S class is top of the game. It looks very commanding whereas the A8 is slightly too sedate for that type of price tag.

A8 is a very handsome car and interior is nice, but I saw one test driving on the road just now and from far I couldn't tell if it's an A4 or A8. Without something next to it for size reference, it's not easy to differentiate.

yup....

if you truly want the interior ambience, the A8 is really hard to beat....

but for pure status symbol, the A8 fails to project a respectable image on its own....until you have an A4 beside it to make comparisons, or spot the difference (the obvious one is the difference in size)....

the reason why the 7-Series is selling so well is because of its ferocious looks and "elongated side profile"....great for showing others $400k of car is coming their way....

S-Class is starting to lose its market in the luxury car segment.....

yup....

if you truly want the interior ambience, the A8 is really hard to beat....

but for pure status symbol, the A8 fails to project a respectable image on its own....until you have an A4 beside it to make comparisons, or spot the difference (the obvious one is the difference in size)....

the reason why the 7-Series is selling so well is because of its ferocious looks and "elongated side profile"....great for showing others $400k of car is coming their way....

S-Class is starting to lose its market in the luxury car segment.....

In what way is the s class starting the lose its market in the luxury car segment?

A8 is a very handsome car and interior is nice, but I saw one test driving on the road just now and from far I couldn't tell if it's an A4 or A8. Without something next to it for size reference, it's not easy to differentiate.

i have to disagree... new A8 is like previous gen A4... plain ugly

Neutral Newbie

There are things that are unique to the A8. There's Homelink that is like a remote for your motorized gates, and features that are one of a kind.