New Audi A8L or S Class?

Stanley30949

the facelift S-class looks aged....

7-Series looks ugly, but it has that imposing stance that the A8, XJ and S-Class don't offer....

that's the most important thing for luxury cars in this class.....

Audi can forget about A8....just focus on R8.... haha!!

↡ Advertisement

I love the 7 series, the performance, the looks, the fierce "ba ong" stance when viewed from front and side.... Cars automatically give way to an oncoming missile like 740 or 750.

S class... Ok lah.... But more suited for chauffeur to drive, you and fimly sitting behind... It is that sort of car. If company CEO or govt minister, S class suits the profile perfectly. Very "establishment-like", safe, non threatening type of image.

7 series is more for those hands-on entrepreneur, daring, risk-taking, type A personality kind of people.

I love the 7 series, the performance, the looks, the fierce "ba ong" stance when viewed from front and side.... Cars automatically give way to an oncoming missile like 740 or 750.

S class... Ok lah.... But more suited for chauffeur to drive, you and fimly sitting behind... It is that sort of car. If company CEO or govt minister, S class suits the profile perfectly. Very "establishment-like", safe, non threatening type of image.

7 series is more for those hands-on entrepreneur, daring, risk-taking, type A personality kind of people.

Totally agree with you!!

Thus far, only the 7-Series has that fierce and aggressive stance, which the A8 and S-Class lacks....

Are you saying Audi and BMW just copy the technologies over to their cars???

So I think you don't know the S-Class's history ya? Go read up a bit and you will understand why.

So I think you don't know the S-Class's history ya? Go read up a bit and you will understand why.

i know....

like the S-Class was the first car in the world to introduce ABS and Airbag and Pre-Tensioners.....blah blah blah....

but that doesn't mean they're the best in the business or actually make things that customers want.....

that's my point....

in the sense of telling others $450k/ slightly less than 10 CAT A COE's are coming behind them, the stance and looks of the BMW 7-Series wins hands down, when compared to the A8 or S-Class....

i know....

like the S-Class was the first car in the world to introduce ABS and Airbag and Pre-Tensioners.....blah blah blah....

but that doesn't mean they're the best in the business or actually make things that customers want.....

that's my point....

in the sense of telling others $450k/ slightly less than 10 CAT A COE's are coming behind them, the stance and looks of the BMW 7-Series wins hands down, when compared to the A8 or S-Class....

You don't understand my point too.

MB innovate technologies and bring them to the S-Class, and that is when the rest will emulate the technology.

yup....

if you truly want the interior ambience, the A8 is really hard to beat....

but for pure status symbol, the A8 fails to project a respectable image on its own....until you have an A4 beside it to make comparisons, or spot the difference (the obvious one is the difference in size)....

the reason why the 7-Series is selling so well is because of its ferocious looks and "elongated side profile"....great for showing others $400k of car is coming their way....

S-Class is starting to lose its market in the luxury car segment.....

are you FerrariCalifornia? (an ex-forum user) lol you type in the same punctuation and style.

show me the stats for S-class losing market share.. or you are only air-talk?

A8L the 3.2L one also slow plus it is FWD. The fast one is the quattro AWD 4.2L V8, in which case must compare with S500, also V8.

If looking for pure acceleration, 740Li with the turbo 6 can whack both Audi and Merc NA V8. If not enough, there is the Bmw 4.4L turbo V8. Then got to bring in the S8 and S600 turbo V12 for comparison liao...

if you are looking at $400k+++ go for a Maserati Quattroporte whatever u guys mention Maser seem to win the 3 german brands from looks to presence to luxury to performance. just a thought [idea]

Edited by D3badge

You don't understand my point too.

MB innovate technologies and bring them to the S-Class, and that is when the rest will emulate the technology.

yes, as stated in my post, i'm not denying that Mercedes-Benz innovate the technologies, only to have the others copy them.....

but really, i think it all boils down to sales.....

and my point about their sales is this.....

on paper, there may be more S-Class than 7-Series out there at the moment, but the bulk of sales of the S-Class is the S300L.... whereas for the 7-Series, its the 740Li & 750Li..... and not the 730Li.....

people are willing to splurge more on the 7-Series rather than S-class.... so in that sense, 7-Series seems to be winning in their market share.....

are you FerrariCalifornia? (an ex-forum user) lol you type in the same punctuation and style.

show me the stats for S-class losing market share.. or you are only air-talk?

who the F is Ferrari, simi California???

i'm new here, and i don't know about what's really going on here.....

well, i may not have the stats for S-Class losing its market share, but what i meant was, "S-Class losing share for high-end models".....

i hardly see any S500L on the road, but there are as many 750Li and 740Li on the roads these days..... basically, the V8 model is selling as well, or should i say, almost as well as the 6-Cylinder model......

so from the V8 sales point of view, the S-class is indeed losing market share compared to the 7-Series.....

but for LED light aha [laugh]

AUDI AUDI AUDI AUDI AUDI [smash]

LED lights are useless except for DRL usage, seriously.. to have LEDs as headlights? I seriously doubt the usability of those in the dark.

yes, as stated in my post, i'm not denying that Mercedes-Benz innovate the technologies, only to have the others copy them.....

but really, i think it all boils down to sales.....

and my point about their sales is this.....

on paper, there may be more S-Class than 7-Series out there at the moment, but the bulk of sales of the S-Class is the S300L.... whereas for the 7-Series, its the 740Li & 750Li..... and not the 730Li.....

people are willing to splurge more on the 7-Series rather than S-class.... so in that sense, 7-Series seems to be winning in their market share.....

No need to discuss further la. Obviously you are focused on sales whereas I'm focused on technology and innovation which the S-Class has been the benchmark for the past decade.

No need to discuss further la. Obviously you are focused on sales whereas I'm focused on technology and innovation which the S-Class has been the benchmark for the past decade.

well, i guess we're on different tracks then..... diverging that we won't meet.....

but then, if you wanna know what technologies cars of the future will have, you can look at the S-Class of today!!!

↡ Advertisement