New Audi A8L or S Class?

Stanley30949

another reason that i can think of now, why the S500L ain't popular is the new engine is coming in (4.7V8 rather than 5.5V8).....

same for S350L (updated 306bhp from 272bhp)....

i'd like to think that these cars are on the way to our shores.... so that could be why most facelift S-Class are S300L models.....

If I am a tow kay in S'pore, a S350 is more than enough... 306hp if fairly reasonable, no need S500.

If want try something different, will get the jaguar xj

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I do not think other than the new Audi A8 in this segment has quotro (All Wheel Drive) and come with BOSE sound system and V6 engine... 290bhp, 420nm and accelerate from 0-100kmh at 6.2sec, 4 zone aircon and etc...

I do not think other than the new Audi A8 in this segment has quotro (All Wheel Drive) and come with BOSE sound system and V6 engine... 290bhp, 420nm and accelerate from 0-100kmh at 6.2sec, 4 zone aircon and etc...

Well, for (AWD), you can spec that on the S-Class (Mercedes calls it 4Matic). I haven't personally heard the BOSE sound system, however, many reviewers said although it's better than the standard Audio, the price doesn't justify the sound quality. There're better aftermarket stereo systems out there for the price it commands.

The 740Li with 3.0Turbo 326bhp 450Nm, 0-100kph in 6.1s, 4 zone air-con, massage seats etc, all can be bought as options.

But I have to admit, the new A8 sure has road presence, but the styling still takes some getting used to.

The new xj has to to seen to believe. Both interior n exterior. I sat in one before, abiat a factory test car. I think it's as luxury and classy as you can get, south of bentley or rolls Roy.

Well, for (AWD), you can spec that on the S-Class (Mercedes calls it 4Matic). I haven't personally heard the BOSE sound system, however, many reviewers said although it's better than the standard Audio, the price doesn't justify the sound quality. There're better aftermarket stereo systems out there for the price it commands.

The 740Li with 3.0Turbo 326bhp 450Nm, 0-100kph in 6.1s, 4 zone air-con, massage seats etc, all can be bought as options.

But I have to admit, the new A8 sure has road presence, but the styling still takes some getting used to.

do the elites care much about horse power/torque thingy???? i doubt so.... same goes to the features within the car.... for u and me, we always want more feature in our car, but do you use all of them? the elite will buy whether that represent the highest status that the ride can bring them....... why do they need to chiong so fast that defeat the purpose of getting the ride for you to drool with????

do the elites care much about horse power/torque thingy???? i doubt so.... same goes to the features within the car.... for u and me, we always want more feature in our car, but do you use all of them? the elite will buy whether that represent the highest status that the ride can bring them....... why do they need to chiong so fast that defeat the purpose of getting the ride for you to drool with????

Yeah. I doubt that such car owners actually care about their car's performance. Speeding around in an S-Class, or 7-Series is really pointless. You'd be better off in their smaller brothers if you wanna do so. Wafting around is more like it.

But since you're referring to status levels, S350L and 740Li is the minimum you'll want to go. The S300L and 730Li doesn't seem to cut it these days.

Yeah. I doubt that such car owners actually care about their car's performance. Speeding around in an S-Class, or 7-Series is really pointless. You'd be better off in their smaller brothers if you wanna do so. Wafting around is more like it.

But since you're referring to status levels, S350L and 740Li is the minimum you'll want to go. The S300L and 730Li doesn't seem to cut it these days.

not quite agreeable to your last statement. to me S300L > E500, same goes to 730i > 550i, in term of status in this society.

not quite agreeable to your last statement. to me S300L > E500, same goes to 730i > 550i, in term of status in this society.

If you're stupid enough to compare an S-Class with an E-Class.

I'm comparing within the same class of cars. S350L VS S300L. 740Li VS 730Li.

If you're stupid enough to compare an S-Class with an E-Class.

I'm comparing within the same class of cars. S350L VS S300L. 740Li VS 730Li.

do u even read my post?? i refering to the HIGHEST STATUS that the ride can bring. if you do not know how to read go back to study. your statement on insulting ppl only show you lack of education in the years you have been through.

I think Aston Martin Rapide is a notch above the likes of 7 series, S -class etc in terms of prestige.Pity it is a 4 seater with cramped rear legroom.

I think Aston Martin Rapide is a notch above the likes of 7 series, S -class etc in terms of prestige.Pity it is a 4 seater with cramped rear legroom.

always think that Aston Martin Rapide, Maserati Quattroporte and Porsche Panamera are another league compare to the Merc , BMW or Audi.... just does not really comparable.....

Like 911 vs SLS, their focus is very much different.....

always think that Aston Martin Rapide, Maserati Quattroporte and Porsche Panamera are another league compare to the Merc , BMW or Audi.... just does not really comparable.....

Like 911 vs SLS, their focus is very much different.....

If I am that rich,I would get a Rapide to stand out from the mass German luxury sedan models on the roads.

The drawback is that Rapide should preferably not be driven by a chauffeur as the boss behind will be very uncomfortable.

Edited by Taciturn

hey guys... relak lah, no point calling each other names lah. Afterall open forum meant people come here talk c--k...

Anyway there are many reasons why people buy staple 7 series and S class. Those exotic ones I will get a 2 door.

↡ Advertisement