Windscreen sudden crack

Tkhim

Neutral Newbie

hi brothers...

this morning when i was driving along eng neo road sudden heard a crack sound and i spotted s small crack on my windscreen..maybe abt 2cm liddat..is it advisable to change now or wat?

↡ Advertisement

please use a transparent scotch-tape to cover the crack, or else the wind pressure will sip through the crack and the whole windscreen will burst to pieces when you drive....... especially on high speed....

[;)]

please use a transparent scotch-tape to cover the crack, or else the wind pressure will sip through the crack and the whole windscreen will burst to pieces when you drive....... especially on high speed....

[;)]

You must be kidding. Nowadays windscreen will not burst into pieces.

[;)]

How can tampered glass burst? Exactly how fast must you go for the windscreen to burst?

You can either repair the crack...provided the windscreen structural integrity is not compromised. There are treatments that can make the glass look as good as new by filling in the crack.

Or you can change a new windscreen.

Do note that it is better to keep the old windscreen as it is fitted from the factory thus it has a more 'solid' and the seal is 'virgin'.

And windscreen will not burst at high speed :D :D :D you will just see the crack getting bigger as time goes by.

if your insurance cover free unlimited change of windscreen.

why not change.. my understanding the crack will get bigger over time

me used industrial superglue...

for cars...able to tahan for a while..

if not the crack would have gotten longer

if your insurance cover free unlimited change of windscreen.

why not change.. my understanding the crack will get bigger over time

Won't premiums go up if you claim?

Neutral Newbie

Won't premiums go up if you claim?

i left it in sg for 3 days and when back i jus drove and heard the cracking sound..i was driving at 60kmh when that happen lo..haiz..not sure if it hit by anything..not going to do till more jialat ba..not free..1st time is 100 and i think will affect nxt year premiun..

↡ Advertisement