Protection against finger nail scratches

Kelpie

Hi all,

My door handle area suffered from finger nail scratches. I saw some cars actually come originally with it or can affixed with aftermarket cover plate to protect against finger nail scratches.

Do you guys know where to get them?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

There's some kind of clear film that can be applied to protect the surface... Trying to find the picture...

post-3939-1291770118_thumb.jpgpost-3939-1291770124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Typhoonz

There's some kind of clear film that can be applied to protect the surface... Trying to find the picture...

I thought this one is only effective when you apply before the scratches ocurred? The handle cover and plate is affixed to hide the scratches and to prevent future scratches?

Regards,

Don't wash the car. Your passengers will be very careful when opening the door. [:p]

Other drivers will siam you at carpark and will not put their shopping bags on your boot or brush against your car body. [thumbsup]

Edited by Kangadrool

I thought this one is only effective when you apply before the scratches ocurred? The handle cover and plate is affixed to hide the scratches and to prevent future scratches?

Regards,

You can try to polish the scratched area and apply this film... Fixing a cover over it don't really solve the problem and it makes the cavity smaller... Also the cover might not be totally flushed...

Hi all,

My door handle area suffered from finger nail scratches. I saw some cars actually come originally with it or can affixed with aftermarket cover plate to protect against finger nail scratches.

Do you guys know where to get them?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Don't bother...

Cut off all your finger nails and ..

YOU WOULD NOT EVEN HAVE THIS 'PROBLEM' IN THE FIRST PLACE!! :D

Rdgs

Simple polish will remove those fingernails scratches. What I did was to get some clear film from popular, cut to desired size and paste it at the door handle area. It looks strange though but at least I am happy that no one gets to damage the paintwork :D

Neutral Newbie

Can I just check what did you used to paste? :)

Simple polish will remove those fingernails scratches. What I did was to get some clear film from popular, cut to desired size and paste it at the door handle area. It looks strange though but at least I am happy that no one gets to damage the paintwork :D

Can I just check what did you used to paste? :)

Oh you can check at popular for those clear laminating film. Cost ~2 dollars for 1 roll. but mind you it does not look nice [laugh]

Kelpie: If I'm not wrong, I saw it at Autobacs Bukit Batok yesterday.

As for my own ride, I will wax the handle portions once a month to get rid of minor scratches and dirt.