VOTE - Mandatory Give Way to Buses Scheme/

Vhtfhwlego

Do you support the extension of the Mandatory Give Way to Buses Scheme to more locations to speed up bus travel?

http://talk2lta.lta.gov.sg/HomePage?action....Home.QuickPoll

Your vote is keep in strict confidential.

Just take a look what had happen at our Legend.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2657873&hl

He had was being involved in a traffic accident causing unnecessary delays to others.

If that there wasn't any mandatory give way to buses scheme, he would not had stopped and being hit from behind.

I believe that the accident had happen in a non-peak period thus traffic delays are manageable.

However if that this accident happen in a peak period in a 3 lane road.

Closure of 1 lane = less 33.3% efficient + merger of lane 3 to lane 2 causes other % less efficient + safety distance, braking and acceralations delays % less efficient + people looking at Porchse of 4 digits = more delays. And also ambulance to arrive = vehicle had not planned to travel to that destination = more space for another vehicle = delay yet again. Recovery vehicles & cleaning crew = more and more delays.

If that the bus have no mandatory give way to buses scheme, bus driver had graciously "give way" to others = improving overall efficent = better flow for the next bus to arrive as well.

Solved the bottle neck congestions & overall logistics.

↡ Advertisement

Do you support the extension of the Mandatory Give Way to Buses Scheme to more locations to speed up bus travel?

http://talk2lta.lta.gov.sg/HomePage?action....Home.QuickPoll

Your vote is keep in strict confidential.

Just take a look what had happen at our Legend.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2657873&hl

He had was being involved in a traffic accident causing unnecessary delays to others.

If that there wasn't any mandatory give way to buses scheme, he would not had stopped and being hit from behind.

I believe that the accident had happen in a non-peak period thus traffic delays are manageable.

However if that this accident happen in a peak period in a 3 lane road.

Closure of 1 lane = less 33.3% efficient + merger of lane 3 to lane 2 causes other % less efficient + safety distance, braking and acceralations delays % less efficient + people looking at Porchse of 4 digits = more delays. And also ambulance to arrive = vehicle had not planned to travel to that destination = more space for another vehicle = delay yet again. Recovery vehicles & cleaning crew = more and more delays.

If that the bus have no mandatory give way to buses scheme, bus driver had graciously "give way" to others = improving overall efficent = better flow for the next bus to arrive as well.

Solved the bottle neck congestions & overall logistics.

if that's the case make all bus stops with mandatory give way, then everybody knows need to give way and less of such accidents. :D

just now is 183 to 80

now is 187 to 83

given that the link is posted here and it seems alot of MCFers is very TL about this rule...

why YES move faster than NO ar?

I'm sure u know that there are more PT users than drivers right? [laugh]

I will post in the site for my POV. How is my england?

http://talk2lta.lta.gov.sg/DiscussionRoom?...om.TopicDetails

The introductions of the Mandatory Give Way to buses scheme had reduce time taken for the bus to exit the bus bay however neglecting the safety of other road users.

As a driver, we are trained to be stay alert and keeping a look out for the traffic conditions/potential road hazard at all times. I am a experience driver and my personal experience whenever I am travelling towards such bus bays with MGW, excess time had been taken off from me and JUST TO CONCENTRATE on SIGNAL LIGHTS of the bus in the bus bay.

I believe that the concept of MGW originality comes from slip roads. However the 2 give way schemes are far from related to each other. Drivers at slip roads will observe vehicles traveling towards them and line of sight will focus on big objects in this case, the oncoming vehicles. And during they, drivers do have the general overview of the condition in major roads. However when drivers approaching MGW at bus bay, they had been forced to focus on the signal lights of the bus and neglected their focus for other road hazard. It is simply not possible to have full concentration on the road conditions "left, front & right" at the same time when being forced to focus on a tiny object (signal lights) even when traveling within speed limits. The above quoted experiences are base on I have a clear line of vision without any vehicles travelling infront of me. But what if there had been other vehicles travelling in front of me (especially heavy vehicles/MPVs/Vans)? I would have to concentrate on the vehicle in the front and the signal lights of the bus. Deadly combinations as I noticed that I will not have ability to control the vehicle if that there had been a hazard that comes from my right. In my response to the potential deadly hazard, I had not traveling in lanes with MGW as I will not bet my life and my passengers' life on a signal light of a bus. And please do note that bus drivers are human and humans are capable of making mistakes (by not signaling). Furthermore even with 3 signals lights on the average bus, how can I guarantee that all of them are in working order? Nothing is made to last forever and electrical components do fail at time when we least expected. Please consider what if that the signal switch failed?

A proper way to manage MGW is introducing traffic lights overhangs the give way line which turns amber/red and another traffic lights in bus bay that turns green to allow bus to exit. Such traffic lights are activited by trap sensors at the exit of the bus bays. Bus drivers will be able to activate the lights to their favor by travelling on top of it and wait for the green light and at same time, the overhangs traffic lights turn amber/red before they exit from bus bay. Logistically it will be a delay of approx 4 seconds however if that this 4 seconds are to improve on road safety, it must be take into serious considerations. If not, why do we have so much campaigns curbing speeding issues?

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

I believe this rule cause many of the bus drivers to think they are invincible, especially those FT drivers, they will be more bold thinking they have the right of way to move out despite an oncoming car moving fast(without the intend to give way to the bus driver).

I came across many times that these SBS drivers challenging me to do an E-brake when they are cutting through the lanes when they are moving out to the right lane to turn.

Some of the bus lane designated by LTA deesn't make sense and pose a safety harzard

to motorists.

Like the one along North Bridge Rd just before turning left to Bras Basah Road

(infront of Raffles Hotel)

When u travel on the inner-most lane along NBR, there is a very SHORT double RED YELLOW line

about 100m away from the traffic light.

What does LTA expect us is to filter away from that lane and re-enter again when we want

to make a left turn into Bras Basah Road.

Isn"t that very dangerous.

The LTA Engineer who designed that ought to GET SACK.

Edited by Yahgo22

I'm sure u know that there are more PT users than drivers right? [laugh]

but there should be an influx of votes from MCFers with NO.. for that period of time?

anyway i never vote cuz i take PT to work on weekdays

so i stuck in between [laugh]

We are debating on MGW not bus lanes.

I had expected some silly markings like at Jalan Besar (Lavendar Food Court).

Many drivers will come from FOCH road & turn into Allenby road.

They also cut out then in to avoid the bus lane of just 20 metres.

However, same drivers will lazy and use the bus lanes to have a smoother drive.

But when one is cutting in and the other not giving way (even when wrong by travelling in bus lane), pontential accidents are waiting to happen.

Waste time voting here for what? got use meh? Even how unhappy we are....nothing we can do.....If one is above 21 and not in a walkover ward.....cast your precious vote to the right party lah....

Edited by LoverofCar

Waste time voting here for what? got use meh? Even how unhappy you and I are....nothing we can do.....If you are above 21 and not in a walkover ward.....cast your vote to the right party lah....

if you are not happy with the policy and dun even bother to vote for this type of minor thing though you are given a chance... you are not even attempting to make a difference... if that is the case, it is no wonder the party is getting complacent

Waste time voting here for what? got use meh? Even how unhappy we are....nothing we can do.....If one is above 21 and not in a walkover ward.....cast your precious vote to the right party lah....

Its for TS to let off steam, steam the fucxxr who created the give way to bus etc...

Is there any road rules 100% efficient?

Its for TS to let off steam, steam the fucxxr who created the give way to bus etc...

Is there any road rules 100% efficient?

Err... I don't think I am angry with the MGW.

Felt that it is MGW is silly not considering other road user and post a pontential deadly road hazard for others.

By the way, I just drive in lane without MGW to avoid these hazard and no problems with changing lanes [:p]

just now is 183 to 80

now is 187 to 83

given that the link is posted here and it seems alot of MCFers is very TL about this rule...

why YES move faster than NO ar?

Haiz... Now

Yes: 70.18% (193 Votes)

No: 29.82% (82 Votes)

↡ Advertisement