Good GPS for SG & MY usage

So_nice

Neutral Newbie

Hmmm, good alternative source, but $198 + $89 Traffic Receiver = $287 >> $179. So price at bestbuyelec.com still beats it hands down. Anyone have any cheaper sources?

Seeing your post i wanna fire the shop i buy from.. but then realized the link you mentioned is selling "Refurbished looks like New" and No address or Shop.. Just will deliver and collect payment.. Sounds very subjective or not real deal to me !! I prefer buy from proper shop with warranty and ofcourse NEW ... !

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/gpscapture.jpg/

Uploaded with Free Image Upload

I saw this pricelist from the shop named Bizgram Asia at Level 5 in Sim Lim.. !! This is what I was mentioning about earlier.. Price reflected is good.

Some errors in the uploaded image. The screen size for the 3790 and 3790V should be 4.3", not 5".

Edited by Redstorm

Neutral Newbie

Seeing your post i wanna fire the shop i buy from.. but then realized the link you mentioned is selling "Refurbished looks like New" and No address or Shop.. Just will deliver and collect payment.. Sounds very subjective or not real deal to me !! I prefer buy from proper shop with warranty and ofcourse NEW ... !

My 2 cents...

I think its just personal preference. For clothes, I agree that buying from a shop makes sense because the size might not be correct if it is purchased without trying and what looks good online might not look good on me. For electronics, I personally will not want to spend so much time to go down to Sim Lim Sq to purchase an item that is so much more expensive than what I can get online with free delivery. Moreover, there are lots of complaints on Sim Lim Sq shops. If you buy a faulty item and try to exchange it at the Sim Lim Sq shops, will you get an exchange? I seriously doubt so.

Refurb is different from new only if people can tell the difference. In this case, there is no difference. Anyway, I have no regrets buying from bestbuyelec.com. A lot of my friends bought from this seller and there are mostly good reviews online about this seller.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

ESSO gas station has this GPS going at $138. I think the brand is Sensonic N400, or something like that. Anyone using it and is it good? Am thinking of getting one, as I've not come across one which is that competitively priced.

• Praise 1

Hi,

ESSO gas station has this GPS going at $138. I think the brand is Sensonic N400, or something like that. Anyone using it and is it good? Am thinking of getting one, as I've not come across one which is that competitively priced.

Check if it comes with Galactio software... this software quite good and 100% postal codes.... u can checkout galactio.com for more info on this software...

a few brands of GPS use galactio software, e.g. Holux, which is sold by eastgear and avail and many shops. SPC has promo for SEnsonic N520 GPS also.. checkout their website!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

choose a device that has frequent map updates.

that is the most important.

eastgear provides very up to date map updates but it carries holux and no longer carries garmin.

if you like garmin and wouldn't mind reading how to do map update, can try malfreemaps.com

• Praise 1

Hi,

Don't get swayed by the cheap price. Many a times someone, who does not know anything about GPS and failed to do some research on it before taking the plunge, end up with something that's a junk. The most important consideration when buying a GPS is not the price but the map support. No point if the device cost only $50 but you get a lousy map with no update at all. If you want cheap GPS devices, there are tons of these real cheap China GPS devices out there with virtually non existant map support. Pay a little bit more and get a reliable one. Garmin is well know around the world for GPS. You can also consider Papago and Marbella.

Turbocharged

Hi,

pay a bit more for a Garmin

I use to had a packade bell and that was a good device...it brought me to the doorstep of where i wanted to go. Used it for 2 years and got a shinco GM4360Bee in a company DND...tried using it and got lost cos not use to the onscreen thingy but got use to it...not bad to only that it will auto shut off if it is place under the sun and the device got too hot....travel with your car while moving with air-con or open window is ok....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I got the Garmin 1350 refurb from www.bestbuyelec.com. $179 and it now comes with Junction View, Lane Assist, Live Traffic Information and Avoidance from LTA. Lotsa good reviews and excellent value for money. Even if you import it directly from USA and buy the Garmin traffic receiver ($89) from an authorized distributer, its going to cost more than $179. I never ever got lost, ever again! :D

I am considering between the Garmin 1350 and the Garmin 1490. Do you think bluetooth and the larger screen (5') is worth the additional $60?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Does buying from bestbuyelec.com comes with warrenty?

I saw from the website that it does come with 1year warrenty and there's a replacement fee of $50 if we wanna do a 1 to 1 exchange during the warrenty period.

Does buying direct from a authorised dealer comes with the same terms and conditions too ?

Edited by WoShiNewbie
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

All,

I have a Shinco GPS GM-4368BEE for sale. Selling at $100. (4.3'' touch screen), built-in lithium battery, play music, movies, jpeg via card slot, built-in antenna, built-in FM transmitter, 32 channels, 2 GB internal memory, microsoft windows: Core 5.0 version. Comes with car adaptor

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Does buying from bestbuyelec.com comes with warrenty?

I saw from the website that it does come with 1year warrenty and there's a replacement fee of $50 if we wanna do a 1 to 1 exchange during the warrenty period.

Does buying direct from a authorised dealer comes with the same terms and conditions too ?

Hmmm, the website states that exchanges within the first 7 days are free, but for the rest of 1 year, an exchange costs $50. From the online reviews at various forums, no one has had any problems with the warranty policy. My friend who is a Komoco agent told me that Komoco agents also get their Garmin GPS from this company and no one has had any problems with this company. This is because Garmin GPS are generally very reliable. Even if there are problems, customers are generally ok to exchange the defective unit for a $50 fee, because customers get a new unit and save themselves a lot of trouble.

Personally, I do agree that Garmin is a gd brand after reading numerous reviews and tested my friend's unit myself.

What I would worry will be whether they are water goods etc.

↡ Advertisement