HONDA RECALLS FIT!!!!

ODC

Honda Motor said yesterday it would recall about 1.35 million Fit sub-compacts globally to repair defective wiring in the headlights. No accident was reported from the defect, a Honda spokesman in Tokyo said.

Cars in Singapore will be affected, according to a preliminary check. The exact figure will be released following a proper tally.

Subject to the recall are Fit cars built at Honda's Suzuka factory in Japan between November 2001 and October 2007. About 735,000 units will be recalled in Japan, where the Fit is the second most popular car behind Toyota Motor Corp's Prius, excluding 660cc mini-vehicles.

In Japan, the recall will cost about 3.6 billion ($56 million) and will have negligible impact on Honda's earnings, the spokesman said.

Honda will also recall 143,000 Fits exported to the United States, and 385,000 units in Europe, where the model is called the Jazz. The car will also be recalled in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Reuters

↡ Advertisement

Defective wiring in the headlights???

My fit which I sold have a faulty switch which I am unable to turn on the headlights.

Have to change the wrong signal/headlight switch (steering column).

Now then they recall?

Go where to fix with the affected drivers?

Kah Motors? Will they ask you to go to PI?

PI? What if that they closed shop?