Maid Agency

Bluepica

Helping my buddy on selecting a maid now

Are all maid agency the same? I went to Katong SC, so many maid agencies there, and also dunno which on to go in.... Why are different agencies charge differently? What are the catches here?

Any hidden cost that I need to be aware of?

Indon, Pinoy or Myanmarese?

Thanks for helps from those experienced bro here.

↡ Advertisement

Are all maid agency the same? I went to Katong SC, so many maid agencies there, and also dunno which on to go in.... Why are different agencies charge differently? What are the catches here?

the quality of maids ... Chepo agency usually have lousier maids and almost no preemployment training course... Good agency do give good training even English language.... Don't save some money and get a s--t maid. Indo and myanmar is good ... Pinoy tricky unless ur fren is experience in handling maids or had been through guerilla warfare ..

the quality of maids ... Chepo agency usually have lousier maids and almost no preemployment training course... Good agency do give good training even English language.... Don't save some money and get a s--t maid. Indo and myanmar is good ... Pinoy tricky unless ur fren is experience in handling maids or had been through guerilla warfare ..

But how do we know the maid good or not? I think is purely by luck... even the agency won't be able to know the true face of the maid right? I heard my frens got so many problem with the maid, change and change, but maybe he got problem himself too, and also some got a maid and use her to the end without complain...

A Sinkie mindset always start along these lines...

I pay for something ..I had better get something good...it would even be better, if I can get something good by paying less....

And so it goes...

It never on a slightest moment occur to these Sinkies, that what they are paying for...it not a product or just services but a person who is a human ( just like them but they never put themselves into the maid's shoes) and who will stay with them in their private confines and to offer a domestic service with it.

What a Sinkie sees and feel.... is that they are PAYING MONEY FROM THEIR OWN FREAKING POCKETS and that it better don't ever have any disappointments or services rendered so termed unsatisfactory IN THEIR VIEW ...that they will curse hell over heaven or heaven over hell or whatever... that it was all the fault of others!

In short, most Sinkie are unprofessional, when their render services or is the one on the other end receiving the services.

Sinkies have never and will probably take more than 10000 years, to understand that 'human relationships' cannot be brought and sold, just like what they viewed everything as in regard particularly when they have to pay for it! :D

• Praise 1

I pay for something ..I had better get something good...it would even be better, if I can get something good by paying less....

And so it goes...

It never on a slightest moment occur to these Sinkies, that what they are paying for...it not a product or just services but a person who is a human ( just like them but they never put themselves into the maid's shoes) and who will stay with them in their private confines and to offer a domestic service with it.

What a Sinkie sees and feel.... is that they are PAYING MONEY FROM THEIR OWN FREAKING POCKETS and that it better don't ever have any disappointments or services rendered so termed unsatisfactory IN THEIR VIEW ...that they will curse hell over heaven or heaven over hell or whatever... that it was all the fault of others!

In short, most Sinkie are unprofessional, when their render services or is the one on the other end receiving the services.

Sinkies have never and will probably take more than 10000 years, to understand that 'human relationships' cannot be brought and sold, just like what they viewed everything as in regard particularly when they have to pay for it! :D

And so it goes...

i used to own a maid agency for 4 years bringing in indo/myma/philip maids. and i can tell u there is no such things as training prior to placement to your home.

Those "trained" maids are actually those have already worked before as a maid. There is no such things as "proper" training in any training center in Indo or Philippines or Myanmar.

Be it chepo or high end maid agency, they get most of their maids from the limited source of suppliers in wherever they comes from.

Meaning, we are getting the same quality of maids from the same source 1 way or another.

If you are getting a Philippino maid, anytime they are been recruited off the street by some part timer "maid supplier". they give their contacts and they wait at home till someone "pick" them up as a Singapore maid.

Most maid agency claims they have training center with photo to show, those are actually their supplier's "training" center, not really theirs.

I said the same too with beautiful pictures of my staff pretending to teach English in a rented classroom with props of washing machine, ironing board and even computers as backgrounds.

Depends on your luck, literately, if the maid is a good or bad one.

So good luck.

• Praise 1

That means the co u worked for is lousy .. I know the boss of maud agency .. Visited their indo HQ there is a training centre that train maids for months .. Otherwise how to be competitive.. U are like a frog from a well

That means the co u worked for is lousy .. I know the boss of maud agency .. Visited their indo HQ there is a training centre that train maids for months .. Otherwise how to be competitive.. U are like a frog from a well

good for him than [laugh]

wow, i was reading his reply and almost said the same thing.

My uncle operates a maid agency and trains his domestic helpers.

training are done locally in centers and home. This is also a way to observe their character before finding a potential new employer. Most importantly, orientate them to SG culture and to induce what most local employers expect of them. How-ever, some agency are as per described and fuk up. This maid dun suit you, they pass the bad sheep to the next victim and on and on.

Gearoil is right in a way that we must understand human tendencies.

2 urban legends.

1. Pinoy domestic workers will F... around with anyone....so does alot of locals girls and boys.

2. Indon maids will urine into your drink.....go read the news, local put sperm into your drink.

Getting a maid is part luck and part effort. How do you sustain the working relationship, they are not dogs just because they are born into more unfortunate places than us and have to work for us.

We work for other people too, be it local, foreign bosses.

Give and take a little.

Cost differs due to packages you took up, insurance, levy and pay of the domestic worker. And also most importantly, the desired commission of the agency.

As some spend more effort to train the maid and handle them, while some just bring and "sell".

Indon, Pinoy or Myanmar? It really boils down to the specific individual that you are dealing with. Fuk up person exist in every dimensions. If you are unlucky, bring in one each from all 3 countries and you still get fuk up ones.

Just a guiding point will be the requirement of your HOME.

1. Any old, disabled, sick?

2. Kids

3. Culture at home? e.g very traditional?

4. Language barrier? English, malay?

The above should provide you a guide, most importantly, decide yourself when you see the domestic worker in person. Body languages tells alot.

No, just dun look at the backside and breast!!

No wonder your agency close shop. Hope u learn something here!

If I would have yr advice, I would have been a millionaire now.

Well, too bad for me. Sob sob

If I would have yr advice, I would have been a millionaire now.

Well, too bad for me. Sob sob

Not millionaire lah at least > 2.5k a month

picking a maid is like picking 4 D....

Hiring a maid isn't it the same as how companies hires its workers like some of us here...??? you'll never know how the person works untill you see him/her work what...

before i hire the maid i had the opportunity to interview some of them. Turns out o.k. But ppl must understand their culture to educate them how we do things here... they come here slow in doing things so we must let her pick up the pace progressively...

Yes i agree 50% of the things you see or hear are b-------t. Iwas told my maid was 21 but actually 23-24... how they bypass this thing i also dunno... [laugh]