• $55,001 to $60,000
    • $60,001 to $65,000
    • $65,001 to $70,000
    • $70,001 to $75,000
    • $75,001 to $80,000
    • Above $80,000

December 2010 Second Open Bidding Exercise

For Certificates Of Entitlement

The details of the December 2010 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 20 December 2010, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 22 December 2010, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 22 December 2010

(Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 2,004 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A : Cars (1,600cc and below) & taxis 617

Category B : Cars (1,601cc and above) 499

Category D : Motorcycles 369

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C : Goods Vehicles and Buses 208

Category E : Open Category 311

↡ Advertisement

AD will make it drop greatly!

Then kiasu buyers seeing a substantial drop in COE will rush in, to avoid the march auto cut. And by CNY the COE might shoot up to $100K as a result?

This is the same plot used by AD, every year to entice car buyers. After a big increase, AD will engineer a substantial drop, this Always hoodwinked kiasu buyers to rush in to quickly sign the deal.

I also expect the price to drop ....

Lesser people buying car at the moment = No Demand

Once COE drop, demand increases ......... COE price will go up again. It is a vicious cycle ... the AD are the one playing the games.

Edited by Civic6228

based on how the ADs are pricing their cars, it appears to me that they are anticipating another COE hike.

Interesting to see how it goes this round .....

ADs are expert in this game ... they increase price and when COE is lower it will only meant that they get a higher profit margin. IMO, if I am AD, I would prefer the price to drop...

Unless some ADs has some old stock - YOM - 2009 or they have bookings that they need to deliver, they will have no choice but to bid to get the COEs. As far as i know, the bigger ADs also has Open Cat COEs that they are holding and will use it if necessary.

Neutral Newbie

Given the new year to Chinese New Year feel good and bonuses and subsequent demand for cars supposedly, AD's will bid higher for the COEs to secure car sales.

Edited by themagi

no matter how expert is AD in playing COE, they are playing with a shrinking COE quota and a shrinking new car buyers.

somemore i got a feeling VW, MERC, BMW & taxi company are not in sync with the rest of AD, unlike petrol leh.

These big boys got the bullets & ammo.

recent leeport say many foreigners snapping up private property, these group will eventually snap up small & big cars, price is no issue.

Neutral Newbie

Should drop la. Talked to an SE and he said no business after the last crazy COE increase. But any decrease to 30K for CAt A will see buyers rushing and pushing up demand again.

Just get your check book ready. The good time to get a car is this thursday, provided there is a big drop in COE prices.

When the AD engineered a COE crash this wednesday, be sure you know what car has the best price cut and value for money.

My guess is drop about 10%, the sharp spike in the previous tender scare away most buyers.

This round should cater mainly for those that missed out.