Who is/was our transport ministers?

Wind30

Before May 2006 Yeo Chow Tong.

Ater May 2006 Raymond Lim.

A big thank you for the current state of Transport in Singapore

↡ Advertisement

Do a superb job to keep our roads free o congestion + contributing to revenue of SG. +++ creating a world class public transport system! I hope I get a chance to vote in his ward.

:P

Do a superb job to keep our roads free o congestion + contributing to revenue of SG. +++ creating a world class public transport system! I hope I get a chance to vote in his ward.

:P

East Coast GRC. Been very successful in holding on during the last 2 GE. Lets hope things turn around.

Edited by Rubbishman

I think Mr Horse was a Transport minister too if I remember correctly. COE was his brain child.

actually I thought he did a good job with the COE and ERP. Seriously.

Especially the ERP system which I thought is very well done. We really need a toll on the roads in singapore and the ERP did it brilliantly. No toll gates, easy to setup and change toll rates.

Edited by Wind30

I think Mr Horse was a Transport minister too if I remember correctly. COE was his brain child.

cant find any infor on this

Mah served as Singapore's Minister for Communications from 1991-99. He concurrently served as the Minister for the Environment from 1993-95. He was appointed Minister for National Development in 1999.

actually I thought he did a good job with the COE and ERP. Seriously.

Especially the ERP system which I thought is very well done. We really need a toll on the roads in singapore and the ERP did it brilliantly. No toll gates, easy to setup and change toll rates.

ERP is good for the rich & elites, bad for those who need car to make a living, ferry kids & old ppl.

BUT...ERP is still not the ultimate warrior.

ERP will be obsolete if they can implement GPS + 3G signal based system.

Charge you by the mileage, see if you still dare to drive or not.

This will eliminate those drivers who barely can survive. btw, this round of COE has already eliminate quite a "handful".

our road will be very beautified with brand new, shinny, breakdown-free & huge conti cars.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

ERP is good for the rich & elites, bad for those who need car to make a living, ferry kids & old ppl.

BUT...ERP is still not the ultimate warrior.

ERP will be obsolete if they can implement GPS + 3G signal based system.

Charge you by the mileage, see if you still dare to drive or not.

This will eliminate those drivers who barely can survive. btw, this round of COE has already eliminate quite a "handful".

our road will be very beautified with brand new, shinny, breakdown-free & huge conti cars.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

"who need car to make a living, ferry kids & old ppl." For this group of people I dont think they need a car during peak hours or they need to go to city area

sales man & delivery man, must report office in time mah. unless boss relax, than can OTOT.

ferry kids & old ppl....see now December holiday, traffic much better right? so you know a lot of cars actually ferry kids here and there during non-sch holidays, causing jams.... but than no choice, golden kids nowadays pampered.

nowadays, everywhere also jam, no need go city than got jam lah.

last time expressway one side jam, the other side is free flowing...nowadays both side also jam....see SLE you know what i mean.

if your company's clerk, storeman or deliveryman also drive to work, this means something is wrong...or are we in Boleh land???

Edited by Summer69

cant find any infor on this

Mah served as Singapore's Minister for Communications from 1991-99. He concurrently served as the Minister for the Environment from 1993-95. He was appointed Minister for National Development in 1999.

The minister of communications were in charge of the COE and ERP. I think the ERP was implemented in 1998.

sales man & delivery man, must report office in time mah. unless boss relax, than can OTOT.

ferry kids & old ppl....see now December holiday, traffic much better right? so you know a lot of cars actually ferry kids here and there during non-sch holidays, causing jams.... but than no choice, golden kids nowadays pampered.

last time expressway one side jam, the other side is free flowing...nowadays both side also jam....see SLE you know what i mean.

if your company's clerk, storeman or deliveryman also drive to work, this means something is wrong...or are we in Boleh land???

ya man... those poor should die earlier.... they are wasting earth resources... depriving the rich from enjoying them longer..

Edited by Ngck

sales man & delivery man - If driving means earning a lot ah

ferry kids & old ppl - school normally starts very early, why need to pamper kids by sending them to school, unlikely will pass by CBD ERP areas.

nowadays, everywhere also jam, no need go city than got jam lah - which neigbhourhood roads got jam? maybe can proposed setup erp there also ha

by right if poor shouldnt be driving right, if not why build so many mrt

The gahmen want to give citizens the S'pore dream by owning cars too. That's why they loosened the financial requirement fm 30% downpayment to 10% downpayment to allowing $1 drive away.

if they implement the GPS charging, u missed a wrong turn, then the next u-turn is far far away, you really curse like siao.. need to pay for road usage and petrol and lost time.

like once i went up the lornie road viaduct wrongly when i wanna go sinming.. wah lao.. then missed the first U turn.. suddenly i see commonwealth.. haha.. so angry with myself.

The gahmen want to give citizens the S'pore dream by owning cars too. That's why they loosened the financial requirement fm 30% downpayment to 10% downpayment to allowing $1 drive away.

its a trap. its a trap.

by right if poor shouldnt be driving right, if not why build so many mrt

MRT is for foreigners lah... you drive too long already, out of touch with the common people. [:p]

.. nowadays MRT not enough space for the population whether rich or poor.

↡ Advertisement