TRON 3D is only 2.5D

Ahtong

For a movie that looks futuristic and screams for 3D, TRON has the least 3D of any 3D movie I have watched. Only the action scenes near the beginning and towards the end have 3D. The rest looks like 2D. They even have a disclaimer at the beginning telling you not all portions have 3D effects.

Plot wise, the movie is so-so nia, they tried to make the movie profound with some themes such as the createe turning on his creator but it doesn't work. Instead of making me think, I just feel numb.

What saves the movie are the dazzling visuals. It is 2 hours of eye candy. If you wanna watch this show, forgo the 3D and just find a big theatre with a large screen.

↡ Advertisement

These movies, story-line not fantastic. Even the original TRON, made in 1982, was quite weak in terms of plot. But it became a 'cult' classic movie due to the various future trends that it predicted. Imagine back in those days, PC only running at 4 MHz clock speed, 360 kb floppy disk, and 4 colour CGA display!!

Ontop of making me feel giddy, I find 3d glasses dull the colors. Prefer the richness on color of a normal 2D film.

↡ Advertisement