Ahtong

TRON 3D is only 2.5D

For a movie that looks futuristic and screams for 3D, TRON has the least 3D of any 3D movie I have watched. Only the action scenes near the beginning and towards the end have 3D. The rest looks like 2D. They even have a disclaimer at the beginning telling you not all portions have 3D effects.

Plot wise, the movie is so-so nia, they tried to make the movie profound with some themes such as the createe turning on his creator but it doesn't work. Instead of making me think, I just feel numb.

What saves the movie are the dazzling visuals. It is 2 hours of eye candy. If you wanna watch this show, forgo the 3D and just find a big theatre with a large screen.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the tip! I don't really enjoy watching movies in 3D anyway. It's expensive, and worth the extra cash for the experience, which is pretty lame IMO.

3D glasses wear for entire movie makes me groggy. hate the feeling.

3D glasses wear for entire movie makes me groggy. hate the feeling.

Same for me, but my gf like to watch, no choice.

Turbocharged

These movies, story-line not fantastic. Even the original TRON, made in 1982, was quite weak in terms of plot. But it became a 'cult' classic movie due to the various future trends that it predicted. Imagine back in those days, PC only running at 4 MHz clock speed, 360 kb floppy disk, and 4 colour CGA display!!

Supersonic

Ontop of making me feel giddy, I find 3d glasses dull the colors. Prefer the richness on color of a normal 2D film.

↡ Advertisement