Why unable to turn from CTE to PIE in Tuas direction?

Chewbacca

u mean where? if u are heading from CTE from town area and want to go into PIE .. its either that you dont use CTE or u have to exit into seragoon exit then go 1 big round? but if you are in town why not use stevens road then whitley road then go into PIE tuas?

Was there any reason given for this? To not allow turning in this direction? Because it doesn't really make sense to me....

I think you mean why is there no turn off onto PIE (Tuas) from CTE (Northbound), after Jalan Bahagia. The same thing has been on my mind for many years too. The nearest route you can take is exit Moulmien and take either Balestier or Moulmien to PIE at Upper Thomson. That makes it quite a bitch when getting from Orchard (near Plaza Singapura) to Jurong side.

Neutral Newbie

Was there any reason given for this? To not allow turning in this direction? Because it doesn't really make sense to me....

Did wonder to myself before too.

Neutral Newbie

Did wonder to myself before too.

I think you mean why is there no turn off onto PIE (Tuas) from CTE (Northbound), after Jalan Bahagia. The same thing has been on my mind for many years too. The nearest route you can take is exit Moulmien and take either Balestier or Moulmien to PIE at Upper Thomson. That makes it quite a bitch when getting from Orchard (near Plaza Singapura) to Jurong side.

Exactly that.

I don't get it. I mean, I know how to get on to PIE through moulmein, but I don't get why not simply make a ramp or something.....

Sure or not??

I'm confused... if I'm not mistaken, on the CTE coming from the north, there will be 2 options to join PIE, either towards Changi or towards Tuas.

But on the PIE coming from Tuas, there is only one option to join CTE, i.e. towards AMK (can only head north). Only option to head towards City on the CTE is to make a U-turn at the Bradell exit.

Neutral Newbie

Sure or not??

I'm confused... if I'm not mistaken, on the CTE coming from the north, there will be 2 options to join PIE, either towards Changi or towards Tuas.

But on the PIE coming from Tuas, there is only one option to join CTE, i.e. towards AMK (can only head north). Only option to head towards City on the CTE is to make a U-turn at the Bradell exit.

that and also TS was asking from cte why no exit directly to pie tuas. i was wondering also. if minor route its ok but this is considered major route to me. 2 of the most frequently used expressways and there is no way connecting north bound cte to west bound pie/ also east bound pie to south bound cte directly

Sure or not??

Yes, this one too. On PIE, East bound, there is no connection to CTE south bound.

I would think that there is little or no space to include an exit from CTE (town towards AMK) to PIE (towards Tuas). Where would you site the exit? No matter what, it has to be after Jalan Bahagia and before braddell right? As it is now, the exit to PIE (Changi) and Upper Serangoon road at the CTE plus the braddell exit is always massively congested during peak hours. Imagine the traffic chaos if you include one more exit there.... :wacko: I guess, some things just gotta give.

↡ Advertisement