Kia Wins Multi Awards - It just keeps piling up for Kia.

Cttan456

Quality as in reliability, they have done that. Search o-n-e-shift for Kia. Too many awards and articles. Just a few I have picked below.

Kia Picanto Is UK's Most Reliable New Car

Posted by wilswong 23 Jul 2010

The kia Picanto has been judged Britain

Now Kia must surprise more with Iconic looks, together with European build quality....

i don't really like the plastics they use in their cars.....

quite disappointing after factoring the design of the car, the features, etc.... only to see quality fall short....

The problem is actually Asian mindset. Koreans is cheap and lousy. The levels of equipment the west are getting are totally different from ours.

Edited by Ghostami

Now Kia must surprise more with Iconic looks, together with European build quality....

i don't really like the plastics they use in their cars.....

quite disappointing after factoring the design of the car, the features, etc.... only to see quality fall short....

Go take a look at the Toyota cars in Jakarta, especially our famous vios, its the same..... Plastic interior, its the ad way of bringing in cheap cars. Some might argue than why other gadgets added in , why not strip it to bare to become cheaper, if any more less appealing I think no one wants to buy. Ask yourself if they were to bring in full specs of what the westerns are getting and price near Japs, you wanna buy?

Go take a look at the Toyota cars in Jakarta, especially our famous vios, its the same..... Plastic interior, its the ad way of bringing in cheap cars. Some might argue than why other gadgets added in , why not strip it to bare to become cheaper, if any more less appealing I think no one wants to buy. Ask yourself if they were to bring in full specs of what the westerns are getting and price near Japs, you wanna buy?

That's what C&C are doing with their 2011 range of cars.... no more EX or basic spec.... only SX-premium spec...

But priced the same as a basic Japanese spec car....

2011 Forte SX@$99,999

2010 Altis@$97,688....

2011 Forte comes with a list of features which includes 6AT, Keyless ignition and entry, 17inch rims, AeroBody Kit, Bluetooth factory stereo, paddle shifters, climatic Air-Con....

And when you have cars looking as nice as the K5 Optima, i45, K7, Azera.... why would anyone with the right mind not shortlist Korean cars now in their shopping list???

And it's the Japanese that has slacken, not the Koreans improving in terms of their interior plastic quality....

Edited by Proton_neutron

Good for you that you know what you are not going to missed out , but a lot of Singaporeans will not bother to look at Koreans. Rather Asia itself..

i get what you mean....

now even their own people are starting to see Hyundai and Kia as a budget brand and low status symbol....especially the cheaper models....

and they're shying away from whatever loyalty thing.... they're also moving on to the luxury brands....

Edited by Proton_neutron

Korean cars indeed getting better, in terms of features and design. [thumbsup] If the reliability and quality also improved, then i wld say many pple might change their mindst towards korean cars. [rolleyes]

All these awards that Kia is getting are in Europe and America. As the 5th biggest automaker, it is only behind GM, Toyota, Ford. Who says they haven't made it? They have arrived and their market share is still increasing so only a fool would bet against them.

Some Singaporeans may still choose Jap because they think it has status symbol.

Civic, City, Altis, Vios, Maz 2/3, Sylphy, Latio, Lancer, etc as status symbols? Don't make me laugh my head off.........

These budget Jap cars are in the same market segment as the Koreans and targeting the same buyer. There will surely be variations in prices within the same segment. Just because Jap car cost 10-20k more than an equivalent Korean car does not mean it has higher status...

Even BMW, Merc and Audi are priced differently but they still belong to the same class.

The Koreans are now the 5th largest car maker and the only Jap carmaker ahead of it is Toyota. Obviously the whole world does not think that Korean cars are lousy.

A carmaker can never scale such heights by just making affordable cars, it does so by making affordable and good cars and that's what it is.

All these awards that Kia is getting are in Europe and America. As the 5th biggest automaker, it is only behind GM, Toyota, Ford. Who says they haven't made it? They have arrived and their market share is still increasing so only a fool would bet against them.

Civic, City, Altis, Vios, Maz 2/3, Sylphy, Latio, Lancer, etc as status symbols? Don't make me laugh my head off.........

These budget Jap cars are in the same market segment as the Koreans and targeting the same buyer. There will surely be variations in prices within the same segment. Just because Jap car cost 10-20k more than an equivalent Korean car does not mean it has higher status...

Even BMW, Merc and Audi are priced differently but they still belong to the same class.

The Koreans are now the 5th largest car maker and the only Jap carmaker ahead of it is Toyota. Obviously the whole world does not think that Korean cars are lousy.

A carmaker can never scale such heights by just making affordable cars, it does so by making affordable and good cars and that's what it is.

wa bro

i like the highlighted part

thumbs up!

Edited by Yagami85

knn... wat is this? another korean car IS THE BEST thread? [knife]