IT IS going to be a blue, blue Christmas for car buyers

Ithunk

COEs breach $70,000

IT IS going to be a blue, blue Christmas for car buyers and sellers alike after certificate of entitlement (COE) premiums continued their phenomenal spike.

While two out of five COE categories ended slightly lower at the latest tender on Wednesday, the other three went through the roof.

COEs for cars up to 1,600cc softened from the previous tender, ending 3.1 per cent lower at $46,129 - still among the highest levels in the past 10 years.

COEs for cars above 1,600cc, however, stayed resilient, rising by 15.2 per cent to close at $72,001.

Open COEs - which can be used for any vehicle type, but end up mainly for bigger cars - also continued their surge, hitting $76,102. They chalked the biggest percentage gain on Wednesday of 17.3 per cent.

Commercial vehicle premiums ended 4.7 per cent higher at $33,501, while motorcycle premiums were 8.8 per cent lower at $1,551.

Source

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_616736.html

Edited by Ithunk
↡ Advertisement

Why blue?

Those who sign up guarantee 6bids, two weeks ago will be happy like fark.

They will likely to be getting a car with super high COE value!

If I go to channel and LV shop as see the super expensive bags and shoes...am I going to say it will be a blue christmas too?

Come on, there are cheap second hand cars.

There is cheaper motorcycles. Or bicycle.

my friend brother was raking in very good income at komoco motors for many years.

but this time round he also left komoco already.

the blue should go more to the jap/korea/china/PI car salesman

Yah very very blue x'mas.....

Book a Toyota Wish 1.8ltr 3 weeks ago, but sign a non-guarantee 3bids. Now COE so high, guess my "wish" of getting a Wish is gone.

Have 2 more rounds of bidding to go, but don't think will be getting it coz COE to dam high. [bigcry].

Now is more of like waiting to get my deposit back than waiting for the car to arrive [laugh] .

Well have to shelf my dream and wait 4-5 year.

↡ Advertisement