AXA deny my 20% NCD n gave me 10% only!

Redune

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

i was driving my previous car for 2years, no early scraping or selling off. I was supposed to have 20% NCD upon renewal, even had a email from them telling me that it's 20% upon renewal.

I've decided to scrap my car at the end of 2years and bought another car few months after. The problem arises here, my new car is going to be insured by another insurance company and they told me that I only had 10% NCD.

I lan lan get the insurance with 10% NCD and now waiting for them to give me my another 10%. Hope will get the refund of that 10%.

Any guru here can tell me if im supposed to have 10% or 20%?

↡ Advertisement

let's put it this way, did u own the car 2yrs + 1day or slightly less than 2 yrs?.... i think i read somewhere, if even 1mth short of 2yrs, it's still consider 10% only...

Me too... supposed to be 40% upon renewal on feb... But change car last week... Ins co says only 30%...

yup e ncd is only awarded aft u complete the policy...ur case, u can sign the new ins at 30% while letting the current one run til feb, once tat policy is completed, the 40% wil b awarded to you and u can transfer it to the current one. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

The car was owned for a full two years. No early termination. They even told me 20% upon renewal but now i change car change ins co then say 10%.

this happened to me too. i sold off my car, and changed new car in oct. as c&c tie up with chartis, i have to switch to them for 1st year.

for my old car upon renewal, i should have 20% ncd, but i got a shock when chartis wrote to me demanding payment as they say i only have 10% ncd.

i'm only 15 days short of 2 yrs [knife]

chartis didnt want to give me my 20% and ntuc could not help me either. in the end, i was lucky, ntuc help me to write in to chartis to inform them that i am eligible for 20% upon renewal (chartis can view the same database too!!)

Neutral Newbie

problem is, im not even a single day short of 2years. How can they just deny my 20%? i know it's just a few hundreds of $$ but it's still $$.