Han's Cafe

Latka

The last time I had a meal at Han's was in 2007.

Was at Novena Square today and saw a branch there, so decided to give it a try.

They still have set meals and they have also expanded their menu abit more.

But the food was so so. The price however has increased by 30%.

↡ Advertisement

I haven't stepped in Hans since 05'. Variety quite a lot but standard is really average. To me it's like cafeteria standard only. Wonder how they survive so long.

Hans standard really drop and with so many other cafes serving better western food at similar or slightly higher price, why sld i go Hans?

no more im spending a set meal that r served a small cup of cordial, plain tasting cream soup and a piece of unappetitising fruit or sponge cake...maybe time has changed, hans sld move forward and improve their quality.

Edited by Babyt
  • Praise 1

Hans brings back very fond memories of when my late grandpa used to bring me every other weekend to the far east and old funan center outlets... i used to love their fish n chip... my kid brother then would surely order his roast chicken led with ham... and my grandpa will order his fried rice... couldnt remember what my grandma would order... probably one of their hor funs...

food used to be fantastic.... then as soon as they expanded... YUCKS....

now i ONLY eat there when a friend is buying... last time was last year CNY... bo pian... was the only plc open near Mandai when i went to visit my grandpa... terrible lunch it was...

of course increase price. if not, how the boss can afford to live in landed property?

The counters at Chevrons' branch are manned by bunch of foreign talents, supposedly to be friendlier (according to their native country they were from). But, in reality not so.

I pity the local ah Soh who clean the tables and clear the crockeries. She was struggling with her weak legs, but still has the courtesy to ask everyone whether she can clear off the table.

Dun expect so much lah... Han is very tradition style of western food cook by the old uncle.

But I like their teh .... Very hainanese

Hans standard really drop and with so many other cafes serving better western food at similar or slightly higher price, why sld i go Hans?

no more im spending a set meal that r served a small cup of cordial, plain tasting cream soup and a piece of unappetitising fruit or sponge cake...maybe time has changed, hans sld move forward and improve their quality.

Agree with u. Quality drop so much.... Remember last time in the 90s i always go to WTC hans to makan their western food... very shiok, Now really cmi!

I think the hainanese uncles of the good old days had retired by now. Those were the real good chefs who really take pride in their cooking. Nowadays the ones are either from neighbouring country or from China, so young and look so lazy, I doubt they can come up with anything good.