A Recommended Car For Sg Driving Environment

NightWind

Every driver is aware of Sinkie land's UNIQUE driving conditions because of our UNIQUE PAP govt. Its definitely not designed for performance cars which cannot tolerate long idling times in blistering heat, and average speeds of 30kph on our expressways....So what kind of car is best suited for our UNIQUE driving environment?

You may consider the below as part of our driving environment;

a) During the day time 90% of the so called "expressways" r so clogged up the average crusing speed is 40-60kph....if u r lucky u hit 80kph when u overtake for afew secs.

b) And its worse on small roads...every 100m there is traffic light...every 200m there is a speed bump...and on the left had side there buslane with PAP agents stationed to take photos of cars "intruding" onto the buslane....This is so stupid because on several occasions I actually saw the buslanes CAUSING A JAM. The cars stop as the buslane starts and they cannot filter right as traffic is so jammed up so the buses pile up behind the cars....time and again i see this but our PAP ministars are blissfully blind so the bus lanes continue

c) And finally Sinlkiepoor roads are dominated by trucks, lorries and vans...mostly driven by PRC or Indian foreign workers. And these workers drive these 3 tonne vehicles in the exact same way they drive in their motherland...ALL of us have seen the lorries and trucks ON THE EXTREME RIGHT HAND OF THE EXPRESSWAY DOING OVER 80KPH even when the vehicle label says top speed is limited to 60kph.

So now u see why its pointless to drive sports car or fancy rides in sinkie land.....the PAP system just sucks out all the soul, spontaneity and joy from even the most simple of pleasures.

d) and we also have to consider the financial factors too...like the host of COE, ERP and other scams imposed by our UNIQUE govt to "help manage" traffic congestion..

So do share your views and frustrations with us here....

↡ Advertisement

BOTH LA :D

You are asking people to share their grumbling or asking for what car suite our road? Title and content is totally different...

:D

There are 2 reasons people have cars.

1 is to get from A to B.

The other is to show off to other people.

So no matter how much jam or how expensive,

people will always buy fast or expensive

cars to show off. :D

you will find that if you take TAXI and don't buy car , you will save alot of money and save alot of problem. If want to had a feel of having a car, you can rent one.

just my 5 cents comment.

dunno what laoyah performance car you drive which cannot "tolerate" being stuck in a jam... [:p]

stock performance cars will hardly have a problem. If you undergo an extreme and most probably illegal tune / modifications, then maybe. But if so then these cars are not supposed to be on normal roads, let alone stuck in jams...

and I don't think you understand the point of performance cars... they're not about the top speed, they about how you get to the top speed... accelerating, stopping, and turning with ease - that's the fun of performance cars...

There are 2 reasons people have cars.

1 is to get from A to B.

The other is to show off to other people.

So no matter how much jam or how expensive, people will always buy fast or expensive cars to show off. :D

Some people actually enjoy driving, you know... maybe hard for some to understand, but I think it's the same reason why people pay good money to go to Universal Studios for those theme park rides...

Sorry I cant afford a performance car....by perofmance car i means the Ferrari, lambos, porsches....n there were at least 3 of these makes i read in the papers going up in flames here in sinkie land.

Sure I understand its about the acceleration....and the century sprint...er u try "sprinting" 100m then idle for 20 mins...and as u drive u r surrounded by lorries and buses...road humps etc...thats why these chaps go north for the real drive

I think as stated by some bros here the most ideal transport on sinkie road is morotbike.....

dunno what laoyah performance car you drive which cannot "tolerate" being stuck in a jam... [:p]

stock performance cars will hardly have a problem. If you undergo an extreme and most probably illegal tune / modifications, then maybe. But if so then these cars are not supposed to be on normal roads, let alone stuck in jams...

and I don't think you understand the point of performance cars... they're not about the top speed, they about how you get to the top speed... accelerating, stopping, and turning with ease - that's the fun of performance cars...

Small cars-easy to park.

Small engines-low fc n tax

Auto- ease of driving in congestion.

Generally, the simpler the car with less electronics the better.

↡ Advertisement