Beijing makes a carbon copy of the Mercedes B-class

Alheych

Not new lah....

I saw a Geely in Singapore before and that guy changed the front and back logo to Mercedes 3-pointed logo. He was driving towards me and from my rear mirror I was thinking which Merc model is the car and when he overtook me, I was like "OMG, what a cheapskate..... seriously, the driver looks like a Ah Tiong ....

Too bad i did not have a camera .....

Cheers...

Edited by Civic6228

Not new lah....

I saw a Geely in Singapore before and that guy changed the front and back logo to Mercedes 3-pointed logo. He was driving towards me and from my rear mirror I was thinking which Merc model is the car and when he overtook me, I was like "OMG, what a cheapskate..... seriously, the driver looks like a Ah Tiong ....

Cheers...

http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27947 :wacko:

usually they still change a bit here and there, this one, they only change the logo and back lights...

http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201012/163109-1.html

not too bad looking with New Opel Astra headlights, and Cruze tail-lights. The interior seems like a carbon copy of the B-class, although the cheapo plastics are a dead giveaway.

1.3 and 1.5L should be able to sell in our market, if COE is low.

Doesn't look that bad... Reminds me of the early Hyundais, copy the Japanese.

eg Excel which look like Sunny, Sonata that looks like Accord...

Doesn't look that bad... Reminds me of the early Hyundais, copy the Japanese.

eg Excel which look like Sunny, Sonata that looks like Accord...

Regardless if .....

Everyone copies everyone .... that is not important , whats important is we the consumers will stand to benefit from them all ....

these days car makers are all out to satisfy their customers with cheap , good . reliable and sleek design .....

to dress a Geely to look like a Merc ..... is nothing new ... similar when we see ppl dyeing their hair,

make ups or dressed looking like their idols ..... sounds sama sama right ?

i think as long as they are happy going about with whatever changes .... its fine .

dun snare or laugh at these passionate souls .....

we copy ppl everyday and almost everything lah ...... including accent , singing , fashion , hair styles , etc etc .

Even aeroplanes / aircraft makers all over the World copied one anothers design .....

so what about cars ???

The truth in China is, most of the car manufacturer are cooperating with Europe (VW group, Merc, BM), US (GM group) or Jap (Toyota, Honda..too many to list), or Korean (Hyndai or Kia), in one way or another...and some of them are cooperating with more than one... There are a couple of them are all by their own, 2 of the most famous ones are presenting in local market, namely Cherry and Geely. :)

In recent years, there is a trend that these manufacturer, besides producing cars bearing the counter part 's badge, are also trying to produce cars of their own brand. So I guess the example shown here is one of those typical situation, same design but re-brand it.

(edited)
[:p] f ......u.........okie...its call marketing rights...u spend money to buy........but of course..u suay siao..kanna owners who buy honda logos..whatever logos..and we have a huge laff at.......estima marketed as previa...or otherwise..etc...la....no offence..if i say wrongly..this is the high end that i know of... Edited by Arixlim

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

This is not a illegal copy of another make of car in China. Let's understand the car market in China.

To enter China market, Euro/Jap car makers have to collaborate with a local company to set up factory to produce cars in China. For example, Nissan work with 东风 to produce Nissan cars in China and some of their models bear the 东风 logo. Not bearing the original logo depends on the terms and agreement of the collaboration.

Edited by Ahleon

Not new lah....

Cheers...

Ah Tiong no shy...

This is not a illegal copy of another make of car in China. Let's understand the car market in China.

To enter China market, Euro/Jap car makers have to collaborate with a local company to set up factory to produce cars in China. For example, Nissan work with 东风 to produce Nissan cars in China and some of their models bear the 东风 logo. Not bearing the original logo depends on the terms and agreement of the collaboration.

you're right. because of protectionist measures, many japanese firms need to re-brand their cars with a new brand as part of a joint venture agreement. such as the old honda civic and honda city...

honda civic rebranded as a "Ciimo": http://www.autohome.com.cn/drive/201204/325381.html

but mercedes don't have such joint ventures...