SimonTan

How many car buyer did this after fail to get COE after six bids  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Gave up car ownership permanently

• Book with another car AD
    • Recontract with same AD, with topup
    • Buy second hand car
    • Keep current car, drive awhile longer till COE become cheaper

Have you know of anyone who DID not get a car after they sign the contract?

If they did not get after six bids, did they top up and eventually got their car?

If they cancel the contract, did they go to another dealer to get another car?"

Has any of the above case FAILED and the potantial car buyer till today is still carless (using public transport)

My innocent thought on this COE issue....... if over the past 20 years 100% of car buyers DID get to own their cars eventually.

THEN WHERE THE FARK IS THE OVER DEMAND(or UNDER SUPPLY).

I have not known of anyone who PERMANENTLY gave up car/motorbike ownership because of failure to get COE!

Once a person sign and make up their mind to own a car....I think 100% of them eventually get it....be it six bids later or second hand car!!!

SO WHERE THE FARK IS THE OVER DEMAND(or UNDER SUPPLY) THAT CAUSE THE COE TO SPIKE UP SO HIGH.

I mean had the car buyers cooperate....we could all be driving $1 COE.

The system itself is creating FEAR and KIASU....making us pay thru our nose for an item that 100% of car buyers eventually get it!!!

That is my conclusion that COE is purely a money making system, feeding on kiasu and fear!!!

P.S. those that did not get the COE after six rounds......they may try again with another car brand....but in the end still get their car after 12th bids(6months) max!!

↡ Advertisement

If they did not get after six bids, did they top up and eventually got their car?

Has any of the above case FAILED and the potantial car buyer till today is still carless (using public transport)

My innocent thought on this COE issue....... if over the past 20 years 100% of car buyers DID get to own their cars eventually.

I have not known of anyone who PERMANENTLY gave up car/motorbike ownership because of failure to get COE!

Once a person sign and make up their mind to own a car....I think 100% of them eventually get it....be it six bids later or second hand car!!!

SO WHERE THE FARK IS THE OVER DEMAND(or UNDER SUPPLY) THAT CAUSE THE COE TO SPIKE UP SO HIGH.

The system itself is creating FEAR and KIASU....making us pay thru our nose for an item that 100% of car buyers eventually get it!!!

That is my conclusion that COE is purely a money making system, feeding on kiasu and fear!!!

P.S. those that did not get the COE after six rounds......they may try again with another car brand....but in the end still get their car after 12th bids(6months) max!!

lol school holiday is still around the corner, and he is doing research homework. chill!!!

Online gaming equivalent?

You really dunno how things work right?

A brief description.

Roads are flooded with cars mostly bought from 2004-2009. How high coe is now will not affect them but if Coe remains at this amount for the next 10yrs, that is the time you will lesser cars on the road. Because when their Coe expires they can't afford a new car. Imagine if there are 200000 cars during this period of 2004-2009 and 30% can't afford to renew their Coe or buy a new car. You be seeing a reduction of 60k cars.

Understand?

Why do so many people think high coe will affect the number of cars on the road now. It really is stupid ain't it

The influx of cars came when the car loan rule was relaxed to 100%, with some even taking cash home when buying cars. People that could not afford a car previously is now able to afford a car, with some having more than 1 car per family.

You can do a poll to see which family has more than 1

Car before the 100% loan rule and after that. Family = spouse and parents

↡ Advertisement