How many of you do not welcome...

Rubberstamp

FT whose qualification is less than a degree or equivalent ...

then who will serve your dinner in restruant? who will build your condo?

who will wash the plate? who will sweep the floor?

for my auntie who is jobless and looking for any job...

for my grandfather who is still fit and jobless and looking for any job..

Edited by Rubberstamp

for my auntie who is jobless and looking for any job...

for my grandfather who is still fit and jobless and looking for any job..

doubt they will wan to lay tar and other substance on roads, clearing drains, washing rubbish dumps, work as construction labour and more....

those r foreign workers not foreign talent.

It would be very sad if singapore don have anyone who knows how to sweep the floor, wash the plates...

Yeah, Foreign workers come here for construction purpose enough le, why want steal hawker and cleaning jobs from our old aunties and uncles?

doubt they will wan to lay tar and other substance on roads, clearing drains, washing rubbish dumps, work as construction labour and more....

They want something like clean tables, sweep floors and even clearing rubbish (grandfather).

Yes, you are absolutely right. We cant do without foreign workers for the construction, civil and marine industry.

But can we do without:

FT (is it foreign talent or foreign thrash?) cooking my food, cleaning tables, selling clothes etc...

Just that day at NTUC, as i was paying for my food at the counter, i gave the FT (is it foreign talent or foreign thrash?) my NTUC link card and told her i wanted to redeem my points with cash deducted from final bill. I said it 3 times.

But alas, she failed to do so. A colleague came over and helped.

Business decision ought to be based on dollars and cents. Numbers matters most.

The color of one's passport/IC should not be a basis, validation, justification or argument for prior in job allocation.

Why should a profit oriented organization hire someone who is more expensive, for doing the same task(s), simply because he is a native of that particular country?

To me, that's mighty shallow.

If come one day, whereby I am replaced by someone else, who is just as, if not more efficient and effective than moi, and yet at a lower cost, ... I bear no grudges.

Yeah, Foreign workers come here for construction purpose enough le, why want steal hawker and cleaning jobs from our old aunties and uncles?

If they (foreigners) are more economical to hire, and yet more efficient, ... will you not choose to hire them over aged, fellow countrymen?

I know I will.

FT whose qualification is less than a degree or equivalent ...

I appreciate foreign workers who do the dirty work with a meagre salary that most of us cannot survive on. As for FTs who vie with us middle class people for a comfortable life, I say balls to them.

back to my qn..so how many of you do not welcome them?

Having worked abroad in my prior employments, I do not have anything against either foreign talents and/or workers.

And I remain thankful that I seldom encounter "nationalistic" taunts during my overseas stints.

Edited by Branteo

Business decision ought to be based on dollars and cents. Numbers matters most.

The color of one's passport/IC should not be a basis, validation, justification or argument for prior in job allocation.

Why should a profit oriented organization hire someone who is more expensive, for doing the same task(s), simply because he is a native of that particular country?

To me, that's mighty shallow.

If come one day, whereby I am replaced by someone else, who is just as, if not more efficient and effective than moi, and yet at a lower cost, ... I bear no grudges.

yes, you are right too.

though i am supporter of the PAP, i feel they should have tigher restraint on the quality and quantity of FT coming to singapore and the types of jobs they do.

Businessman would go for the option with the biggest margins. But govt should step in with a greater sense of social responsibility.

↡ Advertisement