HaNKOOK R-S3 vs Toyo T1R

Mockngbrd

looking at the above 2 brands cos within budget and are one of the few that have the size i need. (235/45/17 and 255/40/17) F1 Assym dun have

anyone has had any experience with them b4?

Using for street driving and the occasional fast-spirited drive.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement

You consider Bridge stone RE 050a Pole Position. I am looking at these as an option.

Not sure if got the size. I think its cheaper than the F1 Asymmetric (Summer)

Edited by Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

I'm currently using Toyo T1R, as Kr_toy says they're excellent in both dry and wet. I drive quite spiritedly as well and they've held up very well in a variety of situations including fast cornering and hard braking.

What's wrong with bs tyres ? I find it strange that many posters choose tyres based only on certain brands rather than by merits .

nah, not a fan of bridgestones. doubt theres size too

This is base on what was mention by the Hankook salesman in woodlands. V12s is more comparable to T1R, whereas RS-3 is more comparable to AD08. This is what I hear, maybe users who used all the tyres mention before you can advise on the comment.

Used t1r over 2 sets... Not much complaints.... But thong aik mentioned to me t1r is gonna phase out so recommend me Toyo drb.... But I feel drb sucks... T1r is good though

Rs-2 never try so dunno.

Tyres use for alot of spirited driving especially on MY b-roads

Edited by Galantspeedz

(edited)

What's wrong with bs tyres ? I find it strange that many posters choose tyres based only on certain brands rather than by merits .

cos i chose it based on my own merits already? and i dun like how BS-ed tyres performed when i had em?

doing some online research seems R-S3s are ok for normal driving on wet roads, so might go with the Hankooks.

I wld hav gone for the V12s but for the size i am looking at, the only tyres they have is the R-S3

Edited by Mockngbrd

Damn, Hankook RS3 don't have my tire size... Such a pity.

Just curious, whats the rought price for the RS3, after discount?

Edit: I just realize the thread wear is only 140!

It will wear out real soon. I don't know if its a consideration for you guys.

I was tempted by the Bridgestone R888 as well, but thread wear even worst at 100!!!.

Edited by Kiadaw

RS3 is the replacement for the RS2.

which in turn is usually compared to the AD07.

you can probably draw your reference from there.

You consider Bridge stone RE 050a Pole Position. I am looking at these as an option.

Not sure if got the size. I think its cheaper than the F1 Asymmetric (Summer)

How's the performance for the BS050A?

How's the performance for the BS050A?

There are a few variants of Bridgestone 050a. The verson to get is the Potenza RE050A Pole Position(Max Performance Summer).

Look out for the word Pole position on the sidewall.

TireRack.com->RE050A Pole Position

Its a level lower in dry traction than Extreme Performance Tires, like Bridgestone RE11, Dunlop Z1 star spec, or the Hankook RS3.

But in return, you get better thread wear (last longer), better wet traction, & of course cheaper.

Thanks bro.

Was given the following options as well;

CPC2

CSC2

Mich HP

Hankook V12

How would BS RE050A stand in terms of safety and comfort?

^ ^ ^ hmmm how come one of my posts got deleted

was posting bout my dilemma currently becos reasons i'm looking for tyres is becos one of my front tyres has a bump in it and causing it to be wobbly. Was wondering if i should stay with the current brand (PZero Rossos at $370 a piece just for the fronts) and just change the fronts only or change to more wallet-friendly brands (sub $300 a piece f/r) but those will require changing the rears as well... dilemma

↡ Advertisement