Hawker stall dun accept 5ct coin

Yahgo22

The goreng pisang stall at Old Airport Hawker Centre

dun accept 5ct coin.

There is a notice pasted at the front of the stall.

By doing so, is the stall owner committing an offence under the Currency Act?

Edited by Yahgo22
↡ Advertisement

dun accept 5ct coin.

Aiyoh, hawker don't take leave it be lor.

Neutral Newbie

(4) Where a payee has given written notice to the payer that he would not accept as payment all or any of the denominations of currency notes or coins in satisfaction of a debt, subsection (2) or (3), as the case may be, shall not apply to the payment of the debt to the extent specified in the notice.

[25/2002]

(5) Where no written notice under subsection (4) has been given by the payee, payment by the payer in accordance with subsection (2) or (3), as the case may be, in satisfaction of a debt, shall be deemed to have satisfied that debt.

Goreng pisang stall knows the law dun play play lolx

dun accept 5ct coin.

A few pcs sud b ok lah.

Maybe he ever kenna a nasty customer pay $10 goreng pisang wh all 5 cents coins?

I heard somewhere that its a business decision as depositing coins would incur costs.

Most shops dont mind some coins so its easy to give change to customers. Maybe $20-40 in coins is ok but not all in 5cent pcs.

When i sell food at food court, coins n small notes r very important especially during peak times. Busy time where got time to go bank change small notes n coins.

I always keep small change stand-by abt $40 in my pouch. Many pple now pay $5 meal wh $50 note. Especially on pay days.[:(]

5cents should be scrapped since so many people dun want them... [:p]

If everybody dont want 5cents coin, give to me.

Maybe after a couple of months i can become a millionaire even. [rolleyes]

Aiyah, you want to give ppl 5c coins also must see who mah. I always try to give to those cashiers in NTUC or 7 eleven, where their products sure got 5c denominations. You ever see a hawker selling noodles at $2.55? No right? In the end, he accept, he will still pass back to another kuku customer who then show black face to the hawker. Sure got chance to dispose in other shops lah. Dun be so hard up on these rules and trying to nit pick [rolleyes]

So the notice only states the stall does not accept 5-cent coin for payment? So they have to accept 1-cent coins for payment, as long as the total value does not exceed $2. [grin]

So the notice only states the stall does not accept 5-cent coin for payment? So they have to accept 1-cent coins for payment, as long as the total value does not exceed $2. [grin]

And that the stall never say only singapore currency allowed, so I can also use rupiah coins [blush]

dun accept 5ct coin.

i saw not too long ago this indian guy buying a can of beer with a dollar coin and rest all 5cents... [laugh] the auntie scolding him and he scolding back... i kept giggling...

indian guy say not money ah? this is legal tender... you dont accept mean you dont repect the government! (maybe drunk liao) the auntie mumble dont know what in english n hokkien i couldnt make out what...

i saw not too long ago this indian guy buying a can of beer with a dollar coin and rest all 5cents... [laugh] the auntie scolding him and he scolding back... i kept giggling...

indian guy say not money ah? this is legal tender... you dont accept mean you dont repect the government! (maybe drunk liao) the auntie mumble dont know what in english n hokkien i couldnt make out what...

Coins is not legal tender right ? But notes are .

Last time a 7-11 at Depot Rd the uncle on night shift very kuai-lan. He'll tell you that they don't accept 5 cts coins but the day shift got no such problems. Now the 7-11 has folded long ago......

I ever paid $3.00 for a bowl of Prawn Noodle in 5ct coins that my daughter save in her piggy bank when she was 5..

The Hawker looked very Tulan... The rest of the 5ct coins I mixed with other coins to spend it all.

No.. I didn't take my girlgirl money to use. I exchange with her in dollar notes...

↡ Advertisement