Sound proof DIY

Stanchiam

Dear Bro, I want to diy my civic fd4 sound proof , can help. or u selld the meterial , many tks,

i dont sell the material, but since we are doing a GB, can help to order if u want to

just go the here

and update the list

if u want to DIY, can come over to my place MSCP, i will guide u how to do it, but only on weekend

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i'm interested of diy sound proofing at the roof, boot & engine (cover & firewall) area.

saw from taobao some comes in 2in1/3in1 type of sound proofing with the SD & foam the other way round, color of form is pink & quality looks different from black one.

any difference/will it still work? [confused] need advice pls.

links

intend use for boot floor area

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9024935930

intend use for roof, boot door & engine (cover & firewall) area

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2927722184

tia

guys trust me on this one

time, effort, money, dirt, pain and more time wasted

not worth the effort

the final effect is minimal

downside

increased weight of the car, increased fuel

something bound to go round, like lost screws and parts, loosen original screws resulting in noisy join in the future and water leakage,

i have done it

i found the cheapest way is buying ear plugs

even cheaper two cotton balls

seriously

i am not joking

guys trust me on this one

time, effort, money, dirt, pain and more time wasted

not worth the effort

the final effect is minimal

downside

increased weight of the car, increased fuel

something bound to go round, like lost screws and parts, loosen original screws resulting in noisy join in the future and water leakage,

i have done it

i found the cheapest way is buying ear plugs

even cheaper two cotton balls

seriously

i am not joking

hello, if you not interested, its ok. but dun come in here pour cold water.

hello, if you not interested, its ok. but dun come in here pour cold water.

hello to you too

i am expressing my view and i am of the opinion that i do NOT want my bros here to make the same mistake like i did

unless you got vested interest

Neutral Newbie

hello to you too

i am expressing my view and i am of the opinion that i do NOT want my bros here to make the same mistake like i did

bro park88, tks for sharing ur results experienced on ur diy sound proofing.

i understand well & not expecting results to be like luxury cars due to different cars' build e.g. engine noise, & also individual's tolerance level/expectation. thus prefer to diy (much more cheaper, fun, learning, self satisfaction) believing tat sound proofing would some how improve depending on quality of material used, skill, the crucial areas on the car being applied.

my friend did sp on his 1 yr old civic (only on front drs 2 layers, rear drs 1 layer) for S$300 & he said got improve abit plus closing of doors sound nicer, tho road/engine/roof noise still present.

time would definitely be spend & i feel its worthwhile in diy for learning, self satisfaction when complete & doing at fraction of cost elsewhere. i'd diy replaced radiator fan on my 1st ride & repaired a water unable to stop draining prob washing machine before, chemical wash cleaning service (dismantle right up to the rotor & circuit board level) of my hse aircons & etc.....learn how stuff works & all these diys save me $$$$$$.

no regrets.

hello to you too

well bro, fully understand your feelings.

But i have to disagree

If some people study and fail exam, then cannot find good job due to poor academic record

he goes around telling people not to study as it is a waste of time and effort since he tried and failed himself and dont want bros here to make the same mistake like he did

he failed to realized there are many who did well in their studies and is living happily

same here for the sound proofing, how can u know if the sp u did is good or not, is your technique correct? material?

too many possibility which i will not discuss further

some people sp is done so well that even when they knock someone down and the bicycle dragged under the car, that person also dont know what happen.

anyway, thanks for sharing your bad experiences. ;)

But i have to disagree

If some people study and fail exam, then cannot find good job due to poor academic record

he goes around telling people not to study as it is a waste of time and effort since he tried and failed himself and dont want bros here to make the same mistake like he did

he failed to realized there are many who did well in their studies and is living happily

same here for the sound proofing, how can u know if the sp u did is good or not, is your technique correct? material?

some people sp is done so well that even when they knock someone down and the bicycle dragged under the car, that person also dont know what happen.

if the results are so phenomenal and

if it can be done so cheap as a diy can

i am very sure the car manufacturers would have done it for you

also like wise there are many entrepeurs that would have open shop since it is so effective

nobody is against it

but just a caution that the results may not be what you expect

also not every is an expert in DIY and hence got to put reality into these kind of job

you may need to invest in tools and etc which are added cost

like tuffcote - you spray rubber sealant or dampers but are you sure you are also not sealing those drainage holes

these are just but a few problems that may arise if you are not aware of

please, dont get me wrong i am not against DIY

I DIY because I read in a forum that is it pretty easy and results are respectable

please note why should i waste my time writing this and getting flame

this is to share that if you accept the results whatever it may be

by all means go DIY

But i have to disagree

so sorry

i did not know you are helping bros to buy sound proofing stuff

my apologies

no flame here, thanks for sharing

will be good if u can take pictures to show us what your sp diy is like

maybe from the pics, we can know why your diy sp not effective

Why not take out the banana skill and put the SD inside?? Wouldn't it be exposed to the environment this way and it will just degrade and drop off suddenly when you drive and worst, if its stuck when its drops, I don't know what will happen.

have updated the DIY with SP inside and with SP foam

http://tinyurl.com/4memxpl

after so much effort and $$ in SP DIY, why not get a better car in the 1st place? any vios or sunny has better sound insulation than a QQ.

i

after so much effort and $$ in SP DIY, why not get a better car in the 1st place? any vios or sunny has better sound insulation than a QQ.

i

effort alot yes, give me good workout exercise during weekend

$$ spent less than $200, knowledge gain alot

maintainance cost, ultra low

and my car still left 8yrs coe, cost me 18.5k, where to find

have learn alot about car from diy too

i

It depends lah...sometimes it's not up to individual to choose better car or not....have to factor in individual commitment and whatever factors. Depends on individual needs mah.

I know someone who are driving BMW and Porsche...They also do SP...but not DIY lah. Pay $$ to do it.

For most of us here....it's the fun of getting hands on...it's the satisfaction end of the day.

Though there is no such thing as 100% soundproofed...still up to individual on what they believe worthwhile and wanna do. Nobody is pointing a gun at us. [rifle] Even the best flight in the world also can't 100% soundproofed and yet people still fly on it song song up there... [:p]

Edited by MG_Myvi

yes, it is the joy of diy and knowing your car better

its true, no such thing as 100% SP, your aircon pipe is hollow and will transmit sound from outside

there can be area which u miss when u SP

and for wheel arc SP, my conclusion is SD alone not enough, need the foam too which will block alot of sound

but the ultimate is to do the firewall area as sound will come from there (for my car) as it is the only area pending SP

other area i am very satisfied

It depends lah...sometimes it's not up to individual to choose better car or not....have to factor in individual commitment and whatever factors. Depends on individual needs mah.

I know someone who are driving BMW and Porsche...They also do SP...but not DIY lah. Pay $$ to do it.

For most of us here....it's the fun of getting hands on...it's the satisfaction end of the day.

Though there is no such thing as 100% soundproofed...still up to individual on what they believe worthwhile and wanna do. Nobody is pointing a gun at us. [rifle] Even the best flight in the world also can't 100% soundproofed and yet people still fly on it song song up there... [:p]

come to think of it, after all the effort and $$ spent to SP, how much is the car worth?

sell 5k to dealer they also dun want a QQ

come to think of it, after all the effort and $$ spent to SP, how much is the car worth?

sell 5k to dealer they also dun want a QQ

lol

really bo liao comment

u sell 5k to dealer see they want or not

lol

really bo liao comment

u sell 5k to dealer see they want or not

you should know what sort of mkt value a QQ has

↡ Advertisement