Honda Airwave..Toyota Wish?

SporeHongkong

Airwave only 5 seated and looks aging.

Fuel consumption is good but power sure cannot win wish, cos wish 2 litre.

Airwaves is parallel import which i don't quite like.

All in all. I'll choose wish for the flexibility of 7 seated plus decent power and fc

eh if your heart says honda go for a honda. if not drive liao buaisong no pt buying.

but imho airwave is exactly the same as a honda fit/jazz PLUS elongated buttocks. space wise same as fit except boot longer. cannot ferry any more ppl than a fit can. buy it if you need to transport lots of things most of the time. if not get a fit.

if you want the space for ppl and real size inside, not just the shape of a mpv, get the wish.

Edited by Karebu

I drove my airwave for 4.5 yrs. It was a reliable workhorse with reasonable power. When I bought in 06, there were very few on the roads. It was quite a head turner then. But the its looks is aging. Very minor facelift was about 2 yrs back. Dunno if they're coming out with a new model soon?

Another thing I liked about Airwave is the space. Rear leg room is more than wish lengthwise. Lots of space for storage with the foldable back seat & huge boot.

if you intend to get a airwave, got to get it fast. Heard it already stop production since Aug 2010. Don't know still got any more new airwave left ;)

Edited by Klchua

yup. Airwave stop production in JP liao.

I have been driving Airwave for more than 3 yrs liao.

so far very satisfied with it ESP the boot space and FC.

but if u wan more power and have more than 5 pax in the car most of the time, wish is of cuz a better choice.

thks all bro..yup i read that it has stop productions..anyway am looking at a 08 model currently..cause nowadays need bigger boot space to ferry thinks n children..haha..

Neutral Newbie

thks all bro..yup i read that it has stop productions..anyway am looking at a 08 model currently..cause nowadays need bigger boot space to ferry thinks n children..haha..

U thinking of putting your children in your boot? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Can't make any new post yet... Thinking of getting a 2-3 yrs honda airwave. Just a curious question. Understand production for this car already stopped. Will there be any prob in part replacement in future if needed? Anyway am looking at this car tomorrow so any kind advice is appreciated? Thanks in advance http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=147699

The Airwave is (only) a stationwagon, while the Wish is a mini MPV.

Two different classes of vehicles altogether.

So what are you comparing against?

Its no different from asking: BMW X3 (an 5-seater SUV) vs a Honda Odyssey (a 7-seater MPV).

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I a new airwave owner but its 2nd hand. Proud of the car after reading the review.

During test drive, no problem with everythings. But after bought the car, all problem come out.

First, during car want to pickup from idle or stop, it jerk badly like cannot changed to first gear. A sudden accelerate when you press the accelerator.

Have to change the gear box oil....KO...then changed gear box...OK..

But now problem come during 3rd or 4th gear, when want to accelerate or going up slope, the car jerking numerous times like no power or canot change gear..

The car installed with air booster and open pod.

Anyone can share with your experience? I dun quite like the experience of incurring more cost cause dunno what is the problem. It this normal?

Thank you [:(] [:(] [:(] [:(]

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Can't make any new post yet... Thinking of getting a 2-3 yrs honda airwave. Just a curious question. Understand production for this car already stopped. Will there be any prob in part replacement in future if needed? Anyway am looking at this car tomorrow so any kind advice is appreciated? Thanks in advance http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=147699

since this car is from PI, there is a high possibility that spare parts will not be easily available.

if kena accident, may have to prepare to wait for a few mths for parts to arrive in spore

On the contrary, parts are quite readily available. There are quite alot of airwaves on the roads, even taxis. Workshops will not carry the parts but can be easily obtained from Thian Seng which brings in Honda parts.

check out sgairwavers forum. There's alot of discussion on the 'cvt jerk' issue. By the way, airwaves use a CVT gearbox (which does not have 3rd or 4th gear as u mentioned) The slight jerk only occurs when coming to a complete stop and moving off from still.

by the way, u mentioned changing the gear box oil. Hope your mech used the right oil. Honda CVT can ONLY use CVTF or HMMF. If u used regular ATF....s--t

Edited by Juzzme

U thinking of putting your children in your boot? [laugh]

With the rear seats down can put mattress and kids can sleep. If no kids, couple can hv a great time as well, especially with the moon roof open and doing it under the stars. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

since this car is from PI, there is a high possibility that spare parts will not be easily available.

if kena accident, may have to prepare to wait for a few mths for parts to arrive in spore

Will it be easy to get Airwave spare parts in Malaysia? And is it common that parallel imported car has no warranty at all?

I didn't know that Airwave is a 5 seater car... sigh.....

Anybody has any tips on how to select a good 2nd hand car? I'm a newbie and dunno much about car. How could I differentiate whether it's a good buy or not?

↡ Advertisement