Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

Potential buyers of Wish ... commit now or wait another 3 months?

Just like buying investment products, it's pretty hard to buy at the lowest.

1. Give yourself a cut off price which you will throw the white towel and buy.

2. What is the remaining months/ years your current ride left with?

↡ Advertisement

Just like buying investment products, it's pretty hard to buy at the lowest.

1. Give yourself a cut off price which you will throw the white towel and buy.

2. What is the remaining months/ years your current ride left with?

my current ride left with 22 months. I am hoping that the price would drop close to 100k before I commit. 

my current ride left with 22 months. I am hoping that the price would drop close to 100k before I commit. 

IMO, you have just crossed the 8th year mark and the paper value has dropped a fair bit.

You can actually continue to wait and monitor the new car pricing just like myself towards the upcoming 9th year mark.

Along the way, if the Wish price drops below $100K which you are comfortable, then enter lor.

Hold your horses first. [:)]

After passing the 9th year mark, the existing car will have very little trade-in value. Maybe paper value + a few Ks max. May as well drive it all the way to expiry. Dropping below 100K for Wish is definitely highly possible 6 months from now.

Toyota Wish owners may want to take at look at the Facebook page "SG Wish Owners Group". That may serve as another platform to discuss on the Wish.

Really? is there such a group?

Betw 2005 and maybe 2010, there was a very active Wish forum, when Wish was like the first choice of Corolla upgraders. Now not active anymore...

Since i just renewed our Wish for 10 yr, i'll go take a look there...

Really? is there such a group?

Betw 2005 and maybe 2010, there was a very active Wish forum, when Wish was like the first choice of Corolla upgraders. Now not active anymore...

Since i just renewed our Wish for 10 yr, i'll go take a look there...

i was a ex Wish owner n got mine new from Borneo, during Nov 2008. it cost me $68k then. trade in for my current ride at 50k last year Feb.

I was an active mbr of the toyota Wish group, they bulk sell alot of good things - filter, vibration steering add on, etc.

The forum is pretty dead now, left the few uncles who dont go forum much. the younger ones have all change rides to something else, my fren also switch this year to OCD.

The current model not that exiciting which makes old owner switch to another brand.

i was a ex Wish owner n got mine new from Borneo, during Nov 2008. it cost me $68k then. trade in for my current ride at 50k last year Feb.

I was an active mbr of the toyota Wish group, they bulk sell alot of good things - filter, vibration steering add on, etc.

The forum is pretty dead now, left the few uncles who dont go forum much. the younger ones have all change rides to something else, my fren also switch this year to OCD.

The current model not that exiciting which makes old owner switch to another brand.

The current Wish interior trim level is really outdated sadly. Unfortunately there are not many alternatives if one is looking at mid-size decent looking 7 seater in this class. Jap MPV design nowadays are really ugly - Freed, Noah, Odessey etc.... The begone glorious days of Wish and Stream.

hate to switch, the Wish was a good workhorse and gives me good mileage. i change to a 7seater SUV, gives me more excitement, better features.

Will always look bad with fond memories of this car which served my family well.

Anyone got a new Wish (classic) from BM recently? Those who top up for revese camera, may I know is the screen show any color guide line?

I have the elegance version and it does not coming with the colored guiding lines....

I have the elegance version and it does not coming with the colored guiding lines....

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure anyone install reverse camera outside of BM can with the colored guilde line ? How much is it cost?

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure anyone install reverse camera outside of BM can with the colored guilde line ? How much is it cost?

reverse cam itself is quite cheap. those good quality with night vision is less den 200 bucks + maybe $50 for installation.

but i duno the coloured  guide lines come with the camera or the head unit that support reverse camera. you have to check.

also, does BM allow you to install third party reverse cam w/o affecting warranty?  

reverse cam itself is quite cheap. those good quality with night vision is less den 200 bucks + maybe $50 for installation.

but i duno the coloured guide lines come with the camera or the head unit that support reverse camera. you have to check.

also, does BM allow you to install third party reverse cam w/o affecting warranty?

Thanks Ericongy!

I remember saw somewhere selling camera with guidelines. Will double check with BM abt the warranty.

Thanks for the reply!

actually, i don't really check cam when reversing into parking lot; more for confirming physical obstruction. but if it's an auto / assisted parking function, would be more meaningful upgrade.

(edited)

actually, i don't really check cam when reversing into parking lot; more for confirming physical obstruction. but if it's an auto / assisted parking function, would be more meaningful upgrade.

Thanks Fuelsaver for sharing!

I agree if it is an auto/ assisted parking function a meaningful upgrade. Well, actualy BM quote 250 for the came. it seems like the cam w nightvision and if it has guidelines abt the same price. I can see the only reason go with BM is just for warranty.

Edited by deepbluekm

Thanks Fuelsaver for sharing!

I agree if it is an auto/ assisted parking function a meaningful upgrade. Well, actualy BM quote 250 for the came. it seems like the cam w nightvision and if it has guidelines abt the same price. I can see the only reason go with BM is just for warranty.

but shouldn't BM touchscreen HU comes with all these stuffs? it's pretty standard features nowadays.

(edited)

but shouldn't BM touchscreen HU comes with all these stuffs? it's pretty standard features nowadays.

That's the package difference between classic and elegance by BM. As what you mentioned those standard features like gps navigation and rear camera are belong to elegance package only, and it comes with a roof top dvd player too. However, the price gap is in 5k.

As for classic package buyer can just top up to install rear camera, recording camera and fold side mirror module by workshop recommended by BM. So I am trying to compare the rear camera since I heard someone mentioned BM camera does not comes with colored guidelines. If that's a case i might as well install at other workshop

Edited by deepbluekm
↡ Advertisement