Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

Twincharged

The wish is going on very slightly more than an Altis. Makes a very good and reliable buy. Still made in Japan. Although an old model. If one is looking for a basic 7 seater, it's the Best Buy out there.

↡ Advertisement

What I meant maybe new model coming soon ?

Thanks for clarify !

Think new model will not be here... but wish will stop production and BM will start selling sienta. Personally i dont like the look of sient.

Think new model will not be here... but wish will stop production and BM will start selling sienta. Personally i dont like the look of sient.

Me too, my brain tells me Sienta is the perfect choice, but my heart tells me not due to the weird exterior design. Sorry to Sienta owner, everyone has different taste i guess.

Me too, my brain tells me Sienta is the perfect choice, but my heart tells me not due to the weird exterior design. Sorry to Sienta owner, everyone has different taste i guess.

Same here.... my exact sentiments!

I still find my old sienta charming. But the new sienta offers a better fc.

Like the Sienta look but feel that it a bit underpower. Although it a smaller car, but it only 150kg lighter than Wish and produce 30 hp lesser than Wish.

It selling at almost the same price as the Wish but that after CEVS rebate. Furthermore, BM had throw in 3 yrs services in the offer, 5 yrs unlimted mileage. Hence in term of value for money it still with Wish.

That would be the prices of the PI.  So it does not make sense to buy Wish from PI anymore?

PI price around 112k with guaranteed COE, with those leather seats, reverse camera, front recording camera etc.. Anyone visited BM showroom today? Confirm at 105k only? 

Toyota going to stop producing Wish? Why? I thought the sales are still ok on Wish. Sienta cannot exactly replace Wish. Many people don't like the look of Sienta. If no more Wish, then how Toyota compete in MPV market?!

PI price around 112k with guaranteed COE, with those leather seats, reverse camera, front recording camera etc.. Anyone visited BM showroom today? Confirm at 105k only?

Toyota going to stop producing Wish? Why? I thought the sales are still ok on Wish. Sienta cannot exactly replace Wish. Many people don't like the look of Sienta. If no more Wish, then how Toyota compete in MPV market?!

On the contary, alot of ppl buying sienta... i see as many sienta on the road than new wish.

The mpv segment is a difficult one..

105k was adv on today paper.

There no news that Wish is going stop production or to be replace. But strictly speaking Wish is a JDM, hence won't be surprise Toyota decided to cease selling them in Japan.

Japanese market is bit different from Global market. Take example Honda Civic is no longer sold in Japan bec it consider too big for a family car it Japan and it sale number was awful before it was taken out from Japan market.

Toyota wish have a common problem.  Its valve cover gasket tend to leak.  so monitor closely every 20k may need to change one time.  The leakage is very little.  Changing the gasket also not expensive.

I thought at $105k with leather seats and solar film, the price is lower than most PIs, if not all. This is near to the price during CNY period when COE was $38k.... so for those on the sidelines, this is really a good time to go for it if you are considering wish.

Yes, it is near CNY price. Just 1k higher. So remember to ask for revese camera if possible. It caused me an unpleasant purchase experience.

Just sharing. While a long wait for my car, sms my SE to find out how much the reverse camera and she replied that my car come with reverse camera. So I happily told my wife too. After made balance payment, I checked with her again then she told me my car no reverse camera just reverse sensor. She thought my car model is elegance. Top up for reverse camera need $350. My SE anyhow replied me and caused an arguement with my wife. Sigh.. irresponsible..did not expect experience such experience with AD...

To install reverse camera with BM HU is quite a troublesome as the connector is difference fr9m after market reverse camera. Unless change the entire HU.

Neutral Newbie

Wish interior is very out-dated for a MPV. The only reason I'm looking at it is because of the reliability.

The models (1.8X and 1.8S Monotone) that PI brought in don't comes with the steering wheel multi-function. BM models are more higher specs.

But at 105k from BM, it makes more sense to get from AD. If they are able to give me a good trade-in for my Altis, I will seriously consider changing my ride now rather than in another 15 months time.

Toyota wish have a common problem.  Its valve cover gasket tend to leak.  so monitor closely every 20k may need to change one time.  The leakage is very little.  Changing the gasket also not expensive.

How to monitor?  Do provide more information..

Toyota Wish Borneo is selling hot now I guess. Haha.

Btw, do you think Borneo will sell at the same price SGD103k if the buyer want to pay full cash? Will there be any discount or penalty?

Thanks in advance. [laugh]  

103K not exactly the best price, but the average price. The overall cost for BM is about 46K based on 20K OMV. Thus, profit is about 58K - COE. They are likely to earn about 12K per Wish.

Bought mine in the high OMV days. Their margin even lower, about 10K.

↡ Advertisement