Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

What is the different between Borneo Motor (Wish) & PI (Wish)? Went to see both but unable to tell the diff. Was infomed came from diff manufacturing plant in Japan Toyota. Is there any specs diff?

Very important difference- pi wish has drum brakes -I'm not sure if only rear or both front and rear. Bm comes with disc brakes which are better.
↡ Advertisement

What is the different between Borneo Motor (Wish) & PI (Wish)? Went to see both but unable to tell the diff. Was infomed came from diff manufacturing plant in Japan Toyota. Is there any specs diff?

Apart from above posts, note also centre console.

Iirc, headlight of borneo is hid, pi one may be just halogen

BM wish will definitely comes with spare tyre but I am not sure about the wish from PI. Might not have spare tyre but comes with tyre repair kit. Please take note.

BM wish will definitely comes with spare tyre but I am not sure about the wish from PI. Might not have spare tyre but comes with tyre repair kit. Please take note.

My Wish from BM only came with tyre repair kit, no spare. Then again, I got my Wish 3 years ago, so perhaps bros who bought recently can confirm.

My Wish from BM only came with tyre repair kit, no spare. Then again, I got my Wish 3 years ago, so perhaps bros who bought recently can confirm.

The Wish that I saw recently in the BM showroom comes with a spare tyre.

For PI Wish, they are mostly selling the JDM 1.8X model which has exactly the same outlook as BM Wish (only BM Wish has chrome strip at the based of all the door). Those pictures you see with a black color area around the middle of the front bumper belongs to the 1.8A, 1.8S, 1.8S”Monotone” and the 2.0 model not sure if any PI is selling it and the design of the front and rear bumper is slightly different.

The main difference I can think of for BM Wish had over the PI Wish original from factory are:

Center console box

Steering Wheel multi function control for HU

15” alloy rim

Rear Disc brake

A spare tire (not the full size one hor)

HID front headlamp with auto leveling

Front fog light

Also I think the engine is tuned differently for BM Wish (International/Export model) is 1798cc (CO2=169) while JDM is 1797cc (CO2=161) but the max bhp and torque are the same.

As for the manufacturing location both should be from the same Japan plant coded “A32” if I am not wrong.

Anyone of you is driving a 2006 toyota wish? I wish to check what the the headlamp bulb...is it a H4, H11???

Also what spark plug is suitable for this ride? IK16 / IK20?? My owner manual is fully japanese

Hi all, wanted to find out if any of you have ever encountered this issue:

Just today, the head unit is blinking, and showing only the blinking Toyota logo.

To clarify, mine is the elegance model from late 2013, original head unit.

If you've experienced before, what is the cause and how to fix?

My car is still under warranty, but next service is months away.

TIA

Hi all, wanted to find out if any of you have ever encountered this issue:

Just today, the head unit is blinking, and showing only the blinking Toyota logo.

To clarify, mine is the elegance model from late 2013, original head unit.

If you've experienced before, what is the cause and how to fix?

My car is still under warranty, but next service is months away.

TIA

I think you should have the 3 year warranty so better to make an appointment and get it sorted out before this runs out.

Mine have the extended warranty but that's for the 4 item only - Engine, Gearbox, Suspension and Aircon. For the rest is also the std 3 years.

Btw you are servicing at BM for the past years can let me know roughly how much more they charge each time on top of the std / major service cost. Look like I need to go back for the next 5 Years and let them..........

I think you should have the 3 year warranty so better to make an appointment and get it sorted out before this runs out.

Mine have the extended warranty but that's for the 4 item only - Engine, Gearbox, Suspension and Aircon. For the rest is also the std 3 years.

Btw you are servicing at BM for the past years can let me know roughly how much more they charge each time on top of the std / major service cost. Look like I need to go back for the next 5 Years and let them..........

ya, sent back to BM today, and they are placing the head unit FOC. 

for servicing, the last servicing cost about $600 => cant recall what items they changed, besides the usual oil.

• Praise 1

I bought my Wish Std at $106,988 including top up for COE.

Here are the facts & figures of which some are based on my assumption only as below,

PARF at 10 year is $9,977

OMV ----------------------$19,955 (I think it is the same for both Std & Elegance model)

ARF -----------------------$19,955

Excise Duty --------------$3,991

GST -----------------------$1,676

COE -----------------------$57,508

Cost =====================$103,085

Reg. fee ------------------$140

Road Tax -----------------$488

No. plate ------------------$30

IU --------------------------$200

Cost =====================$858 (not sure this had already been included in the OMV?)

Accessories added on ======~$700 (HU, front DVR & reverse sensor) {As for Elegance model it maybe another 4 to 5K more}

Grand total ================$104,643

So dealer margin is $106,988 - $104,643 = $2,345, so on paper it look like a super value buy. (But I don’t quite believe BM would make so less, any thing I miss out hur???)

Ya, I have a loan and the total interest is $4,760 and the Insurance at $1,3xx through them.

BTW seriously, I had contributed $19,955 + $3,991 + $1,676 + $57,508 = $83,130 to our Nation building fund while buying this new car.

AD? when did you book and when did you eventually collect?

Thanks. Should have confirmed before signing

Not only wish. Most of the models sold by BM does not comes with car alarm. They have immobilisers. You booked Standard or Elegance and what Color u choose.

AD? when did you book and when did you eventually collect?

It is from BM, book in mid May and collected car around mid August.

Actually can collect earlier after securing COE in 2nd bidding of July but choose to delay it as my old car is not due yet.

Not only wish. Most of the models sold by BM does not comes with car alarm. They have immobilisers. You booked Standard or Elegance and what Color u choose.

Standard, beige. I wonder if they can install for me. Need a better piece of mind for Malaysia trip.

No reverse camera, no alarm

Install outside will void warranty right? Let BM do sure very expensive

Standard, beige. I wonder if they can install for me. Need a better piece of mind for Malaysia trip.

No reverse camera, no alarm

Install outside will void warranty right? Let BM do sure very expensive

If you look at the following website

http://apps.borneomotors.com.sg/toyotashop/index.aspx

BM do carry blackvue and thinkware cam as shown on the website (not all models though)... But BM dun do installation of blackvue or thinkware cam if we buy from outside. That's why we have to get the cam installed by their authorised dealers. The prices quoted by BM is higher than outside.

I think there should not be any problem if the installation is done by outside authorised dealers. As for warranty, I think only the DVR portion is not covered.

Edited by Chongsf
↡ Advertisement