Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

Are you ever get harass by NEA officer ?

No leh, I guess early in the morning they still haven't started work bah. Anyway mine is always a short warm up only and I think it is just wasting of petrol when the car engine is idling be it taking a puff or waiting for someone.

So you get harass before and what are the penalty?

↡ Advertisement

No leh, I guess early in the morning they still haven't started work bah. Anyway mine is always a short warm up only and I think it is just wasting of petrol when the car engine is idling be it taking a puff or waiting for someone.

So you get harass before and what are the penalty?

My Friend kenal warning before ... something like not more than 10 seconds .

Received a sms from another SE last Friday about the latest Wish pricing,

Std - $114,988

Elegance - $117,988

Come with 5 yrs warranty and free service, petrol and shopping vouchers, guarantee COE and COE rebate at $51k and 2.18% interest.

I was wondering the differences between the Std and Elegance is only $3,000 now as it was $6,000 during my time 8 months back. I guess they might package it differently now maybe the latest Std also come with leather seat and Solar film? Any Bros can confirm on the latest full package.

Edited by ISZT

Std - $114,988

Elegance - $117,988

Come with 5 yrs warranty and free service, petrol and shopping vouchers, guarantee COE and COE rebate at $51k and 2.18% interest.

I was wondering the differences between the Std and Elegance is only $3,000 now as it was $6,000 during my time 8 months back. I guess they might package it differently now maybe the latest Std also come with leather seat and Solar film? Any Bros can confirm on the latest full package.

Elegance - Rear reverse camera + 3M solar film + leather + GPS navigation HU

Std - $114,988

Elegance - $117,988

My friend just book a Altis from BM and further $2K deduction if you opted out the 5 years free servicing.

Elegance - Rear reverse camera + 3M solar film + leather + GPS navigation HU

Woh, so it is a no-brainer should go for the Elegance model with difference of $3k only.

I was thinking that they might have package it differently because of the $3k.

Woh, so it is a no-brainer should go for the Elegance model with difference of $3k only.

I was thinking that they might have package it differently because of the $3k.

Yes. Clearly Borneo is pushing Elegance now. 

I took standard and paid $2.4k for the leather and 3M tint. Oh well. Life goes on. :)

Yes. Clearly Borneo is pushing Elegance now. 

I took standard and paid $2.4k for the leather and 3M tint. Oh well. Life goes on. :)

Me too, took the std only but did my 3M solar film and full leather seat outside for $2,550.

Me too, took the std only but did my 3M solar film and full leather seat outside for $2,550.

Oh. Why didn't you opt for the add-on package? It was offered to me by BM. 

Oh. Why didn't you opt for the add-on package? It was offered to me by BM. 

Was offer add-on for the std 3M solar film and leather seat for $1,9k but I wanted all round 3M crystalline solar film and brown leather so for all this still have to topup another $1k+

Another thing is I was also considering upgrading to the elegance model ($6k) since everything is install locally so this can confirm at a later stage.......... until they call me up for the COE topup, was not very happy but this one I got no choice if want car die die must pay additional $4k.

So in the end never opt for any add-on by BM.

My friend just book a Altis from BM and further $2K deduction if you opted out the 5 years free servicing.

Hi Wish69,

Remember me I am Ho, was under another nick driving a Lancer when I PM you last year regarding the Wish and you share lots of value information with me and that further cement my decision on getting the Wish.

After 5 months of driving, very satisfied with the car and my concern for FC is gone as I am averaging about 13 km/l based on my 60% highway driving pattern (econ mode on) and this is about what I get from my previous Lancer MT. While driving a MT is more fun and involving except in a traffic jam, driving the CVT is so simple and relaxing.

Have not add on anything yet to the car except solar film and leather seat. Might go to install the 3M rubber seal to rid the wind noise when travelling at higher speed as suggested.

So how is your car running with all your improvement on it and still sending back to your PI workshop for service and maintenance.

Since you mention the Altis I think it is super value for money on the latest promo of $100k as I remember during my time it was almost the same price as my Wish and now for the Wish Std promo is $115k.

Thanks again Bro.

Hi Wish69,

Remember me I am Ho, was under another nick driving a Lancer when I PM you last year regarding the Wish and you share lots of value information with me and that further cement my decision on getting the Wish.

After 5 months of driving, very satisfied with the car and my concern for FC is gone as I am averaging about 13 km/l based on my 60% highway driving pattern (econ mode on) and this is about what I get from my previous Lancer MT. While driving a MT is more fun and involving except in a traffic jam, driving the CVT is so simple and relaxing.

Have not add on anything yet to the car except solar film and leather seat. Might go to install the 3M rubber seal to rid the wind noise when travelling at higher speed as suggested.

So how is your car running with all your improvement on it and still sending back to your PI workshop for service and maintenance.

Since you mention the Altis I think it is super value for money on the latest promo of $100k as I remember during my time it was almost the same price as my Wish and now for the Wish Std promo is $115k.

Thanks again Bro.

Hi Ho,

Nice to hear from you again....Happy New Year!

I'm glad that you are happy with your Wish.

One reminder is try using Normal mode instead of Eco mode. I remember reading in a forum that using Eco mode for long time will cause damage to some parts in our Wish. I believed without the Eco mode, you will still get 13km/h. 

Yes, the wind noise is quite irritating if you travel up north...moreover the 3M rubber seal cost is cheap, $60 with installation will give you a peaceful and quiet ride for the few hours inside the car. Go for it...

My friend book the Altis around S$97K....Pearl White c/w Oz 17" rim.

Good Deal!!!

Hi Ho,

Nice to hear from you again....Happy New Year!

I'm glad that you are happy with your Wish.

One reminder is try using Normal mode instead of Eco mode. I remember reading in a forum that using Eco mode for long time will cause damage to some parts in our Wish. I believed without the Eco mode, you will still get 13km/h. 

Yes, the wind noise is quite irritating if you travel up north...moreover the 3M rubber seal cost is cheap, $60 with installation will give you a peaceful and quiet ride for the few hours inside the car. Go for it...

My friend book the Altis around S$97K....Pearl White c/w Oz 17" rim.

Good Deal!!!

Wow, is that true on the ECO mode? I noticed that there's two ECO mode, one physical button at the side and the other at the dashboard. What's the difference between the two?

Wow, is that true on the ECO mode? I noticed that there's two ECO mode, one physical button at the side and the other at the dashboard. What's the difference between the two?

The physical button...that may cause damage to the car. I'm not sure how true is it but learned about it from a forum discussion.

I reckon you can only see the damage after 5 years or more and not instantly. An experience machanic in Riverview auto services in AMK ever told me that the Valvematic will become faulty after 5 years but I cannot confirm whether is related to Eco mode. 

ECO mode supposingly to reduces throttle response to help you accelerate slowly and smoothly. It also modifies air conditioning response to reduce the drain on engine power. If you drive like an animal and you engage the ECO setting, you’re probably just going to stomp harder on the gas pedal to make up for the change in settings and not see much benefit either. 

The Eco at the dashboard is just a indicator..that shows throttle use aim to raise driver awareness toward environmentally friendly driving. it usually appear when you driving on the expressway or the speed is consistant. 

Edited by Wish69

Just want to know the response of starting a whatsapp group chat for Wish owners.

Give me a PM if keen.

Is there any? If yes, count me in. Sorry pardon me, I dunno how to pm you here in mcf.

The physical button...that may cause damage to the car. I'm not sure how true is it but learned about it from a forum discussion.

I reckon you can only see the damage after 5 years or more and not instantly. An experience machanic in Riverview auto services in AMK ever told me that the Valvematic will become faulty after 5 years but I cannot confirm whether is related to Eco mode. 

ECO mode supposingly to reduces throttle response to help you accelerate slowly and smoothly. It also modifies air conditioning response to reduce the drain on engine power. If you drive like an animal and you engage the ECO setting, you’re probably just going to stomp harder on the gas pedal to make up for the change in settings and not see much benefit either. 

The Eco at the dashboard is just a indicator..that shows throttle use aim to raise driver awareness toward environmentally friendly driving. it usually appear when you driving on the expressway or the speed is consistant. 

The dashboard Eco mode can be turned on and off from the odometer reset "stick"/button. Or maybe it's the "newer" models that have this feature? 

I am also a new wish owner. I like to share what my se told me. If you press the Eco button, you are actually off the Eco mode. According to the wish manual, if you drive above 100 or 105km/h, the Eco light will not light up. So far, I have tested it and it is proven to be correct. My only problem with my wish is the speedo meter is not accurate. It is about 10% off. I will check with BM when I go for my 1k servicing.

↡ Advertisement