Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

I am also a new wish owner. I like to share what my se told me. If you press the Eco button, you are actually off the Eco mode. According to the wish manual, if you drive above 100 or 105km/h, the Eco light will not light up. So far, I have tested it and it is proven to be correct. My only problem with my wish is the speedo meter is not accurate. It is about 10% off. I will check with BM when I go for my 1k servicing.

Form my understanding the Eco Mode button each time you presses it, it will toggle on and off and if you see the word "Eco Mode" which is display above the top of our small LCD display then it is in the mode. I think it is a program to subdue the engine performance inorder to save on fuel.

The word "Eco" which display somewhere in the lower mid right region within the tachometer, I feel that once the rpm is over 2k normally this light will go off in whatever speed you are in. This telling you not to step too hard on the gas.

I guess you meant the speedo meter display a faster speed then your "GPS", so at least this is safe as we are driving at lower than the actual speed.

Wah before 1k servicing you already chiong above 100km/h.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Ho,

Nice to hear from you again....Happy New Year!

I'm glad that you are happy with your Wish.

One reminder is try using Normal mode instead of Eco mode. I remember reading in a forum that using Eco mode for long time will cause damage to some parts in our Wish. I believed without the Eco mode, you will still get 13km/h.

Yes, the wind noise is quite irritating if you travel up north...moreover the 3M rubber seal cost is cheap, $60 with installation will give you a peaceful and quiet ride for the few hours inside the car. Go for it...

My friend book the Altis around S$97K....Pearl White c/w Oz 17" rim.

Good Deal!!!

Hi Bro wish69,

Can pm me the $60 installation of 3M rubber seal? Thanks!

$60 for 4 doors?

Yes...$60 for 4 doors.

Please call SG Garage and ask for latest price as I installed in end 2015.

Check if they have stock before going down to avoid disappointment.

Cheers!!!

Neutral Newbie

Hi

3M warranty you will need to register online and will be issue with the certification. My crystalline grade as per warranty card stated CR90 & CR40 which can see is slightly darker and UV heat protection is much better then the normal grade. For brown leather do not require to top up during my Purchased in Oct 2016. Which is an option for me to choose either black or brown.

hi, i'm buying a wish and am checking with BM to upgrade to crystalline as well but i dont want them to screw up the film. may i check with you if CR90 for front 3 and CR40 for back is the minimum req from LTA?

From LTA:

Our guiding principle in regulating vehicle modifications is safety. Heavily tinted glass or films can hinder visibility when driving. Thus, tinted glass or films are allowed provided it allows at least 70% of light to pass through the front windscreen and side windows, and 25% through the rear windscreen and passenger windows. In addition, tinted windows must meet internationally recognised standards for safety glass.

From 3M:

CR90 CR70 CR60 CR50 CR40 CR20

Total Solar Energy Rejected

34%

50%

53%

56%

60%

62%

Infrared Rejection

90%

97%

97%

97%

97%

97%

UV Rejection

99%

99%

99%

99%

99%

99%

Glare Reduction

3%

22%

32%

32%

55%

77%

Based on the above, CR40 for the back seems like the minimum requirement. However for the front 3, can be be at least CR70?

hi, i'm buying a wish and am checking with BM to upgrade to crystalline as well but i dont want them to screw up the film. may i check with you if CR90 for front 3 and CR40 for back is the minimum req from LTA?

From LTA:

Our guiding principle in regulating vehicle modifications is safety. Heavily tinted glass or films can hinder visibility when driving. Thus, tinted glass or films are allowed provided it allows at least 70% of light to pass through the front windscreen and side windows, and 25% through the rear windscreen and passenger windows. In addition, tinted windows must meet internationally recognised standards for safety glass.

From 3M:

CR90 CR70 CR60 CR50 CR40 CR20

34%

50%

53%

56%

60%

62%

Infrared Rejection

90%

97%

97%

97%

97%

97%

UV Rejection

99%

99%

99%

99%

99%

99%

Glare Reduction

3%

22%

32%

32%

55%

77%

Based on the above, CR40 for the back seems like the minimum requirement. However for the front 3, can be be at least CR70?

Do remember the original glasses on the Wish was already lightly tinted, when I did some checking on solar film with some of the shops I find out that our original glasses (measure with VLT meter) the VLT is about +/-80%. So you cannot total based on the VLT on the solar film alone must also consider the tinting on the glasses also because both will add up for the final VLT reading.

In the end I choose 3M crystalline package C90 the front 3 and C40 for the rest. The final VLT reading with the film is 70+% for the front and 30+% for the rear. So I feel if you were to choose CR70 for the front 3 the final VLT reading will drop under 70% maybe to 50% to 60% region and you would fail LTA compliance. But I must admit dark tint looks very nice.

Edited by ISZT
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Do remember the original glasses on the Wish was already lightly tinted, when I did some checking on solar film with some of the shops I find out that our original glasses (measure with VLT meter) the VLT is about +/-80%. So you cannot total based on the VLT on the solar film alone must also consider the tinting on the glasses also because both will add up for the final VLT reading.

In the end I choose 3M crystalline package C90 the front 3 and C40 for the rest. The final VLT reading with the film is 70+% for the front and 30+% for the rear. So I feel if you were to choose CR70 for the front 3 the final VLT reading will drop under 70% maybe to 50% to 60% region and you would fail LTA compliance. But I must admit dark tint looks very nice.

thanks. Had checked with BM. It should be C90 for front and C40 for rest to comply with LTA requirement. BM can make the upgrade for me at a top up of $300.

Does anyone know whether the current Borneo's WISH has VSC?  I am able to turn on and off TRC but did not see any light for VSC.

From LTA:

From 3M: CR90 CR70 CR60 CR50 CR40 CR20

34%

50%

53%

56%

60%

62%

Infrared Rejection

90%

97%

97%

97%

97%

97%

UV Rejection

99%

99%

99%

99%

99%

99%

Glare Reduction

3%

22%

32%

32%

55%

77%

Hi Bro.. I'm also thinking to book Wish Elegance with BM soon.. What's the current price now?

Any more free 5 years servicing given during Motor Show?

Can your SE throw in 3M Crystalline as freebie?

Thanks for the advice!