Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

HI Nova, which agent you go to ?

is a very good deal at 110k for gtd COE and elegance model..  I can recommed him or her to my colleague who wana buy wish too.

U can pm me  :)

Now selling at 117 K for BM

• Praise 1

Nova, on 19 Nov 2017 - 9:03 PM, said:snapback.png

Congrats to Nova & Laworder17 for securing your COE and very soon will be driving your new WISH.

Smart move for you guys to buy with gtd COE, btw how much more for gtd?

Your deal are even be better than my last year std model for $106988 (after COE topup) with $57508 COE, because the elegance model should cost $6000 more to buy.

BTW recently when I visit Toyota jp website the Wish is no more listed, so likely Japan already stop selling and I read from the Straits Times BM would bring in the Prius Plus to replace the Wish next year.

Hi Bro ISZT,

Toyota Wish has stop production in Japan since Oct 2017 from my understanding. Basically BM is trying to clear the stock which is leftover in Japan. As for the news on BM going to bring Prius Plus, that's basically is a Hybrid MPV.

As for the Gtd COE I just pay additional $500.

Edited by Laworder17

Neutral Newbie

Nova, on 19 Nov 2017 - 9:03 PM, said:snapback.png

Congrats to Nova & Laworder17 for securing your COE and very soon will be driving your new WISH.

Smart move for you guys to buy with gtd COE, btw how much more for gtd?

Your deal are even be better than my last year std model for $106988 (after COE topup) with $57508 COE, because the elegance model should cost $6000 more to buy.

BTW recently when I visit Toyota jp website the Wish is no more listed, so likely Japan already stop selling and I read from the Straits Times BM would bring in the Prius Plus to replace the Wish next year.

Actually only 1k more for guaranteed COE. 109988 was the price for standard but got free upgrade to elegance worth 5k. Can op out for the upgrade and reduce price by 3k. But deduct only 3k, of course take the free upgrade...
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro congrats to you on securing also... So when you collecting your new ride?

Congrats Bro for getting on your new car.

I also secured my Wish during the last COE bid at the same price with you with Gtd COE. Let enjoy our ride!!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sister and Brother, am looking at getting a Toyota wish. Any advice i need to look out for the latest wish if I would purchase it probably before end of this year? And also what are the modifications is necessary to get as it seems like the car is pretty much lack here and there like the center armrest storage etc

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Look like my deal last year is almost the same as yours, $103k for standard model + $4k for COE topup so total also $107k without any add on. But I got a higher COE of $57508.

Enjoy your ride, the FC will improve as the engine runs in.

Mine is the same as yours, was asked to top up after 3 unsuccessful bids, I wonder those who opted not to top up got their COE or not?

• Praise 1

My friend was asked to top up $4k or extend for another 4 bid exercise on his last bid non-guaranteed package (ie. 6th bid) on the third day 6 Dec 2017. 

He bought a jap (thai-made) sedan at $69,999 from an AD.  He asked me whether to top up. I advised not to him.  My reason being the SE will try their best to secure the COE before close of year so that their bonus will be more.

On 6 Dec 2017 the SE bidded 50,999 and he got the COE at his last bid (6th bid non-guaranteed).

• Praise 1

Think most of us who bght our Wish during the Oct 2017 Cars@Expo all 'dio cheng' (kana shot) liao.

From what I've heard from some of the SEs, BM does not plan to secure our COEs til Jan 2018 (last 2 bids).

Reason being that there will be less orders to fulfil due to low buying interest recently coz of the impending VES tax in Jan 2018 and Zero car growth in Feb 2018. Everyone is just observing the market. There will be less pressure in the coming bidding in Jan 2018.

Hence, with the potential drop in COE prices, it will be a boom harvest for BM.

End up customers who bght at Cars@Expo at $109,988 for Elegance will end up with a very low COE. Not exactly a good thing.

LL to all who bght at Cars@Expo.

Right timing to go into the market is actually Jan 2018, when COE drops / crashes and BM will adjust the prices of Toyota Wish downwards again, maybe $100K for Standard Wish is COE crashes maybe?

I hope I'm wrong coz I'm also one of the fella who bght at Cars@Expo.... :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

Think most of us who bght our Wish during the Oct 2017 Cars@Expo all 'dio cheng' (kana shot) liao.

From what I've heard from some of the SEs, BM does not plan to secure our COEs til Jan 2018 (last 2 bids).

Reason being that there will be less orders to fulfil due to low buying interest recently coz of the impending VES tax in Jan 2018 and Zero car growth in Feb 2018. Everyone is just observing the market. There will be less pressure in the coming bidding in Jan 2018.

Hence, with the potential drop in COE prices, it will be a boom harvest for BM.

End up customers who bght at Cars@Expo at $109,988 for Elegance will end up with a very low COE. Not exactly a good thing.

LL to all who bght at Cars@Expo.

Right timing to go into the market is actually Jan 2018, when COE drops / crashes and BM will adjust the prices of Toyota Wish downwards again, maybe $100K for Standard Wish is COE crashes maybe?

I hope I'm wrong coz I'm also one of the fella who bght at Cars@Expo.... :TT_TT:

Bro, Don't despair. Have confidence in your buying decision. I offer you some points to consider that may allay your concerns regarding better timing / pricing for buying Wish:

- look at the rebate level of BM's latest Price list. For Wish Elegance, the Gold price is now $118,988 @ rebate of $38K. Compared to the recent past price list, the Rebate level dropped $15K but Wish price only dropped $5K. If compared to Price list during cars@expo time, rebate was $45K and price was $110,988. Only comparing Gold scheme, not Classic. Elegance model. Does this add a different dimension to your thoughts?

- your trade in car will be lower in value in an environment of Low or "crashing" COE prices. So this is one mitigating factor - buy low; sell low

- our dear Govt is seeking ways and means to generate more revenue into its coffers. Do you think it is in their interest to taste Low or "crashing" COE prices?

- after the COE prices dropped last week, ADs / car dealerships lowered their selling prices across the board. I went to the Toyota and Honda showrooms this weekend and saw fairly good crowds. If some demand returns these 2 weeks, next few bidding exercises may be stable, rather than drop drastically as you fear.

Hope you can sleep more peacefully now. Wish you luck in securing your COE next round.

• Praise 1

Bro, Don't despair. Have confidence in your buying decision. I offer you some points to consider that may allay your concerns regarding better timing / pricing for buying Wish:

- look at the rebate level of BM's latest Price list. For Wish Elegance, the Gold price is now $118,988 @ rebate of $38K. Compared to the recent past price list, the Rebate level dropped $15K but Wish price only dropped $5K. If compared to Price list during cars@expo time, rebate was $45K and price was $110,988. Only comparing Gold scheme, not Classic. Elegance model. Does this add a different dimension to your thoughts?

- your trade in car will be lower in value in an environment of Low or "crashing" COE prices. So this is one mitigating factor - buy low; sell low

- our dear Govt is seeking ways and means to generate more revenue into its coffers. Do you think it is in their interest to taste Low or "crashing" COE prices?

- after the COE prices dropped last week, ADs / car dealerships lowered their selling prices across the board. I went to the Toyota and Honda showrooms this weekend and saw fairly good crowds. If some demand returns these 2 weeks, next few bidding exercises may be stable, rather than drop drastically as you fear.

Hope you can sleep more peacefully now. Wish you luck in securing your COE next round.

Thanks bro.

After reading your analysis, seems to make some sense n added comfort to my purchase decision.

But I did not take up the guaranteed COE though as my SE kept telling me it was not worth it then and that BM will be able to secure the COE. Sigh...

Not sure if I did the right thing by not taking Gteed COE.

• Praise 1

Toyota wish will be end of life. No more production so if you are lady order , then just enjoy it for the next ten years.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I need help in returning back reverse guide lines as they disappeared when I removed the stereo system then returned it back, its a Toyota wish 2010 

nhdt-w59g

• Praise 1

Thanks bro.

After reading your analysis, seems to make some sense n added comfort to my purchase decision.

But I did not take up the guaranteed COE though as my SE kept telling me it was not worth it then and that BM will be able to secure the COE. Sigh...

Not sure if I did the right thing by not taking Gteed COE.

Looks like those who bght the Wish at car expo in Oct 2017 all 'dio Cheng liao.

Cat B COE dropped 7K from last bid. And projected to drop further in Jan 2018.

↡ Advertisement