Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

My wish elegance was tuned to 88.1. I remember there are times when the sound was disconnected from HU, have to use remote to “on/off” the sound or something like that.. just traded in my wish for the new Prius plus..

↡ Advertisement

My wish elegance was tuned to 88.1. I remember there are times when the sound was disconnected from HU, have to use remote to âon/offâ the sound or something like that.. just traded in my wish for the new Prius plus.. ð

How is the overall experience with Prius plus?

How is the overall experience with Prius plus?

So far so good.. definitely quieter than the wish, and steering a lot lighter.. have had it for close to a month now actually..

Maybe will give it a test drive later on when my warranty is about to expire.

Is the space decent for families with young kids?

So far so good.. definitely quieter than the wish, and steering a lot lighter.. have had it for close to a month now actually..

am considering the Prius + as well. How old is your wish when you trade in and how much did you get the Prius + for?

My wish was coming to 5, I think traded in about 57.. my Prius plus on high side, at 118k

Maybe will give it a test drive later on when my warranty is about to expire.

Is the space decent for families with young kids?

Ya, decent.. 3 kids, oldest only 6. Will bring in laws out on weekends. Slightly tight, but weekend short trips are ok

My wish was coming to 5, I think traded in about 57.. my Prius plus on high side, at 118k

Ya, decent.. 3 kids, oldest only 6. Will bring in laws out on weekends. Slightly tight, but weekend short trips are ok

what is the recent for trading in?  Warranty or FC?

Space wise, i think the 3rd row is slightly smaller than wish.  Driving position is lower, a bit like a sedan vs the higher wish

what is the recent for trading in? Warranty or FC?

Space wise, i think the 3rd row is slightly smaller than wish. Driving position is lower, a bit like a sedan vs the higher wish

I was quoted trade in 57k, when I booked my Prius in July. I get to keep the wish and handed in car only when I took my Prius in early October.

5 years warranty, FC ok, close to 20km/l I think, mixture of city and highway. Occasionally heavy foot when merging into highway, or need to overtake, but otherwise on eco mode.

I feel second and third row smaller than wish, though specs show Prius is bigger. Second row smaller coz of battery I feel, sticks out a bit into second row space.

Wish got 2 Eco mode? 1near the hazard light, the other from the speedometer stick toggle. From the speedometer toggle, does “off” means switching off the eco mode or just for the eco indicator to be off? TIA!

• Praise 1

i try fm 88.0 to 88.9, still cant get the sound..

headache...lol

Hi, you need to press the ‘FMM’ button on the HU remote. It's a blue button. The frequency is FM88.10.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, you need to press the âFMMâ button on the HU remote. It's a blue button. The frequency is FM88.10.

Hi, thanks..i will try tmr.

Neutral Newbie

Wish got 2 Eco mode? 1near the hazard light, the other from the speedometer stick toggle. From the speedometer toggle, does âoffâ means switching off the eco mode or just for the eco indicator to be off? TIA!

Eco mode button is near the hazard light. if you press the eco mode button, the eco mode indicator will light up

Hi All,

I just realise the toyota wish does not come with water temp indicator. which i think its kinda of basic display to show.

:grin:

HI, 

any good brand of oil temp display to recommend?

tks

kenneth

Hi all toyota wish owners, I just bought a '10 wish n would like to seek some assistance.

1) are there any dedicated forums for wish?

2) my stock wish comes with a 15"rims. Wondering what's the difference in fc if I change to a 17" rims?

Is it advisable or I shld keep it stock?

3) are there any mods to enhance the asthetics of the car?

Thks

hi, the engine management system will have an overtemp warning light if and when your engine gets too hot. Best advise is to ensure you have adequate anti-freeze in the coolant, all hoses are soft, and belts are adjusted correctly.

HI, 

any good brand of oil temp display to recommend?

tks

kenneth

hi ,

1. Before changing out your rims, remember the stock ones have been fitted after exhaustive testing done by the manufacturer to ensure comfort and safety. 

2. Replacement rims may interfere with the steering geometry requiring a wheel alignment, it may reduce tyre life and decrease ride comfort if a lower profile is used.

3. The most sensible change-out is from steel rims to magnesium alloy, due to a weight reduction in the unsprung weight of the vehicle. Looks are secondary to all the above points.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Got my wish(PI)  in 2016. The head unit is from Pioneer but i cant seem to find where is the GPS receiver? Do you guys know where is it installed?

Hi, i hv a 7 months old aircon compressor (Denso made in japan) for toyota wish AE10 model from 2003–2009. Car seldom drive so going to sell soon so anybody interested, pls pm for me to discuss further. Tks

Got myself a COE Wish (AE10) last Nov-2018. Can't say the car was in the best condition, but I have replaced most of the wear and tear parts.

The FC seems to be quite bad - around 10.x km/l. I visited my regular workshop and they said that it's bad.

Not sure what went wrong, but I have done the following:

- Replace spark plugs (iridium)

- Change engine oil to Motul 5W30

- Change AT fluid

- Change brake fluids

- Change Alternator

- Change Tires (Michelin Energy XM2)

- Change engine air filter

- Cleaned MAF Sensor

- Change Front brake pads + turned the rotors

- Changed the PCV valve + ventilation hoses

Any advice from existing/past Wish (AE10) owners would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Got myself a COE Wish (AE10) last Nov-2018. Can't say the car was in the best condition, but I have replaced most of the wear and tear parts.

The FC seems to be quite bad - around 10.x km/l. I visited my regular workshop and they said that it's bad.

Not sure what went wrong, but I have done the following:

- Replace spark plugs (iridium)

- Change engine oil to Motul 5W30

- Change AT fluid

- Change brake fluids

- Change Alternator

- Change Tires (Michelin Energy XM2)

- Change engine air filter

- Cleaned MAF Sensor

- Change Front brake pads + turned the rotors

- Changed the PCV valve + ventilation hoses

Any advice from existing/past Wish (AE10) owners would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Pls pm me. Tks
↡ Advertisement