Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

Nope, mine is 2006 wish bought thru a PI cos borneo doesnt carry wish then. 4 speed AT only 130 bhp,

Yours is the new wish model is dual vvti 7 speed CVT 144bhp. Should be able to manage 14km/lit.

2006 till now only change shock absorber at the rear. other than that, no issues. I servicing using outside workshop cheap package type, never been to the PI workshop for me. Should last well.

↡ Advertisement

Nope, mine is 2006 wish bought thru a PI cos borneo doesnt carry wish then. 4 speed AT only 130 bhp,

Yours is the new wish model is dual vvti 7 speed CVT 144bhp. Should be able to manage 14km/lit.

2006 till now only change shock absorber at the rear. other than that, no issues. I servicing using outside workshop cheap package type, never been to the PI workshop for me. Should last well.

Sorry Bro - didn't read your previous note...06 model. I noticed a lot of 1st gen wish around, but the new modelm is not that a lot...wonder if it's due to the high price?

or if there is a lot of issues with the current new wish...heard not so good in terms of braking as it tend to slide. from the taxi drivers ..i think coz of the drum brakes?

Looks like it's a very reliable car this wish - 5 yr and old and you only changed the absorber...and now yr shods!!and yes, 15' looks a bit small for wish...i think 16" is just nice...17" is overkill!!!

16" and use 205 tyres would be just nice....any tyres expert here that can share?

OEM at 15" and 195 is a bit small - they always want to save cost and give you the bare minimum.. :o:o:o

From experience, 215/17" is the sweetspot between reasonable FC and stability for Wish.

15" doesn't do justice for this mpv. That's why all higher-spec JDM Wish cums with factory 17". [flowerface]

That applies to both 2003 & 2009 models.

2003 Wish 2.0 with standard factory 17" rim.

Toyota_Wish_0014.JPG

How long does it take for the engine to run in so that the FC becomes better? car manual said 1000KM to run in engine, so i presume by then, the FC should stabilise?

My Wish is 2 weeks old and i am getting about 10-10.2 km/l ... load is about 3 adults and 2 kids daily and mostly slow city traffic. uggghhh ...

• Praise 1

How long does it take for the engine to run in so that the FC becomes better? car manual said 1000KM to run in engine, so i presume by then, the FC should stabilise?

My Wish is 2 weeks old and i am getting about 10-10.2 km/l ... load is about 3 adults and 2 kids daily and mostly slow city traffic. uggghhh ...

The best route to finish run in fast is go to KL through old road (non highway). Singapore is not really ideal since there are many highways,

• Praise 1

Frankly, I dont know what is run in car cos I drive like I would now when my car was new. Put on D and drive and step on brake to stop at traffic lights, no need to waste petrol / time to specially go malaysia to do a run in trip. Average road speed here is ok for running in.

Just dont chiong to above 120 km/hr when car is new, not allowed in singapore too.

• Praise 1

Hi Pokyman....got yor wish!!! me, still waiting for mine...bloody$##@#%....no eye see...did they ask you to top up???

So how's the ride??? good? 10 km/l is bad leh...

• Praise 1

heard that wish's petrol consumption is better than honda stream. is that true?

Went to viewed both wish and stream today. Found out that wish's leg space is better than stream....

• Praise 1

heard that wish's petrol consumption is better than honda stream. is that true?

Went to viewed both wish and stream today. Found out that wish's leg space is better than stream....

yes - i find it bigger in terms of space and also passive safety...basically stream is a basic car to me...wish has 6 air bags, TC/VSA...KM honda only 2 air bags and no TC/VSC...

Wish is more comfy and road noise level not so noisy..stream is a bit "unrefine" - this is personal though...cos some ppl like stream coz the drive is sporty ..

it could be me...maybe i am too old for stream... [:p]

only cons for wish is the drum brakes - hello BM...in this time and age...still got drum brakes!!!

and also the 15" rims, a bit small for this size of car....

fuel consumption - definitely better...cos new car mah....or so many wish taxi on the road... :D:D

im on 225/45/17.. average 12plus km per liter... first 1/4 tank can hit 300km...

low fuel warning light up can top up 40+ litres.. so the fuel tank is 60 litres.

my ride is 06 NFL stock except the rims lor. keke

all depends on your right foot.

• Praise 1

im on 225/45/17.. average 12plus km per liter... first 1/4 tank can hit 300km...

low fuel warning light up can top up 40+ litres.. so the fuel tank is 60 litres.

my ride is 06 NFL stock except the rims lor. keke

all depends on your right foot.

wow -225/45/17....won't it distort your speed - i heard if the differece exceed 3% form ori - it will distort the actual speedo of the car....

So - with your shods, one full tank will get you how many km? :o

my SE told me i got my ride - will be getting it soon...finally!

• Praise 1

hmmm distort the speed ah??? I guess I'm tolerant to slight variations ba..

mostly highway driving.. in sg.. not more than 110km/h.. but on NSH.. it's a different story..

mine is already 5 yr old.. Up to now i havent really got a chance to try going to empty.. hear that the indicator will flash when it's really going empty.. increasing the rate as it's nearing empty. but nvr try.. no chance to try actually.

but seriously bro... 15" is like a musclar upper body with chicken legs.. u get what i mean....

but seriously bro... 15" is like a musclar upper body with chicken legs.. u get what i mean....

[laugh]:D

agree...15" is just to small - am planning to change to 16" with 205 sizes...or maintain at 15" but with 205..is there such a size 15/205?

i wonder what's the fc /km like on a full tank?

i think it really up to individual on what they want.if you want fuel economy,go for 15inch.Good pickup speed and comfort not to mention cheaper cost of tyres also.avg fuel consumption is 13km/lit..If you are looking for outlook.I would prefer 18inch.rims and tyres look rather proportional to car body.avg fuel consumption is 11km/lit..its the same for my previous set of 17inch rims....19inch with low profile tyres looks damd chio chio..haha which i will be looking at next..

toyotawishclub not that active like before..guess alot of those old bird had changed car..buy and sell folder is almost stagnant..

• Praise 1

I have an '06 Wish, so far has done 180,000 km

1. My average consumption is 11.1 km/l (measured over the last 12,000 km)

2. Most I have pumped is 53 litres

3. Have personally done 80 km with the light on, see no reason why you can't get over 100 with the light on.

4. I'm running on 215/50/17. Speedo is within 5km of what GPS reads

5. So far no work done - only scheduled maintenance and tyre changes.

• Praise 1

I have an '06 Wish, so far has done 180,000 km

1. My average consumption is 11.1 km/l (measured over the last 12,000 km)

2. Most I have pumped is 53 litres

3. Have personally done 80 km with the light on, see no reason why you can't get over 100 with the light on.

4. I'm running on 215/50/17. Speedo is within 5km of what GPS reads

5. So far no work done - only scheduled maintenance and tyre changes.

06 wish has champion FC.

no surprise there.

whereas not the case for 09 wish. which hovers under 10km/litre

ur gearbox still going strong?

since its a PI, i reckon u service with outside workshop and not Borneo right?

• Praise 1

i think it really up to individual on what they want.if you want fuel economy,go for 15inch.Good pickup speed and comfort not to mention cheaper cost of tyres also.avg fuel consumption is 13km/lit..If you are looking for outlook.I would prefer 18inch.rims and tyres look rather proportional to car body.avg fuel consumption is 11km/lit..its the same for my previous set of 17inch rims....19inch with low profile tyres looks damd chio chio..haha which i will be looking at next..

toyotawishclub not that active like before..guess alot of those old bird had changed car..buy and sell folder is almost stagnant..

hey... just wondering, 18/19inch with a full load of passengers, will u hit the wheel arc? ( i donno how to phrase it correctly)

↡ Advertisement