How much yr 24 HOURS CLINIC normally charges you?

Yahgo22

Care to share how much yr neighbourhood 24 hrs clinic normally charges you?

For me, I used to pay about $100 for consultation plus medications.

I went to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital last nite and was charged $85 as

consultation fee and realised that most govennment hospitals

A & E charges are between $80 to $95.

In A & E, young docs (Houseman) attend to you while in 24 hrs clinics,

you are taken care by the more experienced docs.

Pls share your experiences here.

Edited by Yahgo22
↡ Advertisement

Yes, neighbourhood 24 hour clinic is more expensive than hospital A&E.....but it's "cheaper" for car-less residents, as they don't have to take taxi.

In fact i just went to the hospital 2 nights ago, when i had a very bad wrist sprain....whole wrist swell up like pig trotter, can't drive. $15 taxi there and $15 taxi back (it was 2am, so got surcharge) + $85 A&E fee.

There's a reason why neighbourhood $100 clinics don't close down hehe

(edited)

Mr Khaw Boon Wan: A simple and robust answer is "no". Everybody can afford healthcare in Singapore, whether acute or long-term care. I think this is our pride, our healthcare system, as quoted by Mr Low himself just now, is the best in Asia and the sixth in the world. And I think we have reasons to be proud of our healthcare system. Our doctors, nurses, work very hard. We have thought through carefully about how to bring about this very good outcome

Edited by Yahgo22

private healthcare, those 24 hour neighbourhood clinics, are for those who can afford it. Frankly speaking, $100 is quite cheap. For a doctor to sacrifice his sleep, pay more money for clinic nurses to work shift, what he earns after that is not alot more than what he would have earned per hour in the daytime. That's one reason why not every clinic opens 24 hours. Not really alot more money for someone who in the first place earns alot.

as for public healthcare, if really got emergency, call ambulance. Still wanna take cab siao ah. And for your info, in a real emergency, they treat the patient first, then collect payment. If cannot pay, hospital LL have to draw from a special fund. They can't do anything to those who have proven they are so poor they are unable to pay. Personally, i've seen the stack of hospital write-offs. In other less developed countries, they demand payment first before treatment LOL.

Once i visited at 11pm and its considered non-standard hours so $90..i find that exorbitant and now i only consult the doctor during normal hours.

if it's a non-emergency, just endure lor :(

can't be helped....in Life, everyone will be sick and has to suffer sometimes.

I can only imagine how life is like for rural people around the world....no access to medical care.

Or life for people in countries where medical care is stretched, even in developed countries.

(edited)

I am sure our late Mr Khoo wont be happy if he knows that KTPH charges $85.

Ppl go and see docs after midnite is usually cases that they cant endure or wait

till the next day.

For $85. i feel that it is high considering its a garment hospital.

Maybe they should hv 2 category.

$40 for less serious cases like HIGH FEVER, FOOD POISIONING etc

$85 for the more serious cases.

Dun u all agree?

Edited by Yahgo22

Ppl go and see docs after midnite is usually cases that they cant endure or wait

this is not true. Many years ago, before A&E charges were raised to deter the stupid ppl who clog up emergency services, A&E departments had to deal with tons of non-emergency patients.

Heck, even after raising it to $85, there are STILL quite alot of non-emergency cases.

Once i visited at 11pm and its considered non-standard hours so $90..i find that exorbitant and now i only consult the doctor during normal hours.

On weekdays normal hrs I went to visit a private doctor at hdb area n my bill came out $110!!

I was like WTF!!?? K it'll be my 1st n last visit that place...

On weekdays normal hrs I went to visit a private doctor at hdb area n my bill came out $110!!

I was like WTF!!?? K it'll be my 1st n last visit that place...

is it your medication is expensive?

If not can complain to SMC (Singapore Medical Council), for overcharging.

Alternatively, just go polyclinic next time. Private medical care is for those who can afford it.

this is not true. Many years ago, before A&E charges were raised to deter the stupid ppl who clog up emergency services, A&E departments had to deal with tons of non-emergency patients.

Heck, even after raising it to $85, there are STILL quite alot of non-emergency cases.

Cos most of them hv the civil-servant card which they only need to pay 15% of the total bill.

But to those non-civil servant...then pay the full fee...

Think most low-middle income wud visit the a&e rather than private clinic...

is it your medication is expensive?

If not can complain to SMC (Singapore Medical Council), for overcharging.

Alternatively, just go polyclinic next time. Private medical care is for those who can afford it.

I've got lung infections n coughing too much...I was told my antibiotic that's very expensive...

It used to be $60+..

(edited)

Who is so silly not to sleep, wait for the long and pay extra $$$

when they can save by gtg to the Gps the next day?

Edited by Yahgo22

Mayb most trying to get medical leave n avoid going to work like 2nd or 3rd shift?

Who is so silly not to sleep, wait for the long and pay extra $$$

when they can save by gtg to the Gps the next day?

(edited)

Mayb most trying to get medical leave n avoid going to work like 2nd or 3rd shift?

If they want to "keng" malinger, they can still save $ and go to Gp ma.

Much cheaper lol.

I observed that most patients there are those that need help badly like

bad food poisoning and very bad pain or complications.

Edited by Yahgo22

Much cheaper lol.

I observed that most patients there are those that need help badly like

bad food poisoning and very bad pain or complications.

then your observation is different from mine. I was at Changi Hospital A&E at 1.30am, 2 nights ago for my sprained wrist. Including myself, around half of the people there were non-emergency cases. (yalah, i should have endured, right? But i can pay mah hehe.....sprained wrist very pain leh...)

In fact, some were busy playing games on laptop or paktor with boyfriend/girlfriend.....even can paktor until hospital OMG.

I've got lung infections n coughing too much...I was told my antibiotic that's very expensive...

It used to be $60+..

then it's not the doctor's fault for the high final bill. Not even the gahment's fault. Wanna blame, blame the profiteering pharmaceutical companies. Bloodsucking companies.