Can the police step up in booking jaywalkers

Ahdi

Neutral Newbie

just kana rear ended by a taxi when i tried to stop when i was turning into my car park.

3 jaywalkers, believed to be a cheena couple an a bangla. while i was about to turn left into the car park, notice these 3 ppl were about cross, and indeed they dashed out while i was about to turn, in the end i had to brake and stop to avoid colliding into them. in the end, kana rear ended by this taxi. always met this scnaerio and hafta be extremely careful.

The taxi uncle still have the cheek to say i was in the wrong too, he said i shld haf turn in without stopping, shouldn;t have stop halfway while turning.

↡ Advertisement

just kana rear ended by a taxi when i tried to stop when i was turning into my car park.

3 jaywalkers, believed to be a cheena couple an a bangla. while i was about to turn left into the car park, notice these 3 ppl were about cross, and indeed they dashed out while i was about to turn, in the end i had to brake and stop to avoid colliding into them. in the end, kana rear ended by this taxi. always met this scnaerio and hafta be extremely careful.

The taxi uncle still have the cheek to say i was in the wrong too, he said i shld haf turn in without stopping, shouldn;t have stop halfway while turning.

Don't need to talk c--k with uncle, just CLAIM!

You don't stop, hit jaywalker, fine + possible jail time.

Tell Taxi unker.....go back home and read highway code 1st....n also there is sthing call defensive driving.

Neutral Newbie

since its my company's van, and old liaoz, wanted $300 for private settlement.

just can;t stand these jay walkers, always have to make sure they dun cross anyhow.

worst scenario is i horn at a cheena student from the JC near my hse, shouted at him, dun know how to look out for cars ar. guess what he shoot me, u dun know how to see people ar.

n some bikers love to dash out in front of ur car when u r about to turn out the car park. almost hit them a few times oso. and some still have the cheek to find fault at me.

Neutral Newbie

so good, i rear end taxi 2 times. want to pay them $600 private settle also don't want.

End up claim me $4500 both times.

Just CLAIM!!

just can;t stand these jay walkers, always have to make sure they dun cross anyhow.

worst scenario is i horn at a cheena student from the JC near my hse, shouted at him, dun know how to look out for cars ar. guess what he shoot me, u dun know how to see people ar.

n some bikers love to dash out in front of ur car when u r about to turn out the car park. almost hit them a few times oso. and some still have the cheek to find fault at me.

You should claim, if you don't claim or report to insurance, be sure to get a nasty surprise.

Funny how my car kissed the backside of a taxi once at a junction turning right and he suddenly jammed brake dont know for what reason coz got TP. In the end he didn't claim me say it's okie nothing happened and sped off... Fishy...

Neutral Newbie

Funny how my car kissed the backside of a taxi once at a junction turning right and he suddenly jammed brake dont know for what reason coz got TP. In the end he didn't claim me say it's okie nothing happened and sped off... Fishy...

Maybe he's not the registered cab driver.. ^_^

Sometimes, these idiots think that we drivers should look out for this and that. What they fail to know that drivers are always checking the surroundings but our eyes are not 360 degrees wide vision. To that JC student or those who thinks that drivers should always give way to them even when they are wrong, if they still keep this kind of mindset, one day they will learn their lesson the hard way.

Neutral Newbie

Sometimes, these idiots think that we drivers should look out for this and that. What they fail to know that drivers are always checking the surroundings but our eyes are not 360 degrees wide vision. To that JC student or those who thinks that drivers should always give way to them even when they are wrong, if they still keep this kind of mindset, one day they will learn their lesson the hard way.

Bro no choice man.. So many people are jay-walking in esp in the heartlands areas, some even resorting to dash across the road just to save those miserable few seconds.. We just need to drive safe..

they are not jaywalkers, they are just pedestrians. they are not doing anything illegal. as the driver, you should be more vigilant.

Under the road traffic act:

cap 276, section 121 -

(3) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (2), rules made thereunder may be made prohibiting pedestrian traffic on the carriageway within 100 metres of a crossing, and with respect to the indication of the limits of a crossing, or of any other matter whatsoever relating to the crossing, by marks or devices on or near the roadway or otherwise, and generally with respect to the erection of traffic signs in connection with a crossing.

Laws are laws where people of course have to follow. But due to laws many people have lost their natural human instinct which is to differentiate between what is dangerous to themselves and what is not. Some people thinks that there are laws to protect them so they can take advantage as pedestrians, so when accidents happen, the driver would be punished. But what these pedestrians fail to realise is that, if both the driver and pedestrian fail to look out for each other, when accidents happen, it is the pedestrian who lose out, like injuries and worse scenario, lost of life?

In the end, it takes two hands to clap. Drivers drive safe. Pedestrians and riders, please do your part, walk and ride safe. On the road, we should always cover one another to make road usage safer and more pleasant.

Edited by Heartbreakid

nothing to talk about with the taxi. just claim! [laugh]

but dont book jaywalkers lah..unless u intend to be a good citizen and always use traffic lights and follow signs [:p]

That's what taxi lohs say too when they get rear ended and claim siong siong.

Edited by Vroomtattat
↡ Advertisement