Wonder if I will kena my first ever demerit points...

Fooblack

Sunday monring, I exited SLE (toward BKE) via Woodlands Ave 2. At the 1st t-juncture turning into Ave 1, there is this odd traffic light which has the red/amber/green light for right-turning lane.

when the entire direction turned green light, the right-turning light also turned green. Then suddenly it turned amber and then red.

I was the 3rd car in the waiting lane and was trailing behind a slow pickup. Being the 3rd car, I togt I should be able to clear the traffic light. Howver, I didnt expect the right-turn green light to change to amber then red so soon. I think I was just before the stop-line when the turning light became red. The slow pick-up caused me to over-estimate my speed of turning and I was overly optmisstic that I could make it. On hindsight, I should have stopped.

I drove past the junction again and realised that there is a redlight camera. I dun recall seeing a flash at all.

As the entire traffic direction was still green light except that this right-turn lane which was turned red, I wonder if the camera will activate.

The funny thing about this junction is that after the red light for the right turn comes on, it will go off after 5 sec. It becomes a "normal" right-turning lane when the red light goes off.

i reckon that the camera wont activate for a single lane (general traffic direction is still green) or due to the weird set-up for this right-turning lane (turns red then turns off).

Any expert opinion?

Having said the above, I am absolutely sure it was a mistake on my judgement. I will definitely be less optimssitic when crossing traffic lights...

↡ Advertisement

Sunday monring, I exited SLE (toward BKE) via Woodlands Ave 2. At the 1st t-juncture turning into Ave 1, there is this odd traffic light which has the red/amber/green light for right-turning lane.

when the entire direction turned green light, the right-turning light also turned green. Then suddenly it turned amber and then red.

I was the 3rd car in the waiting lane and was trailing behind a slow pickup. Being the 3rd car, I togt I should be able to clear the traffic light. Howver, I didnt expect the right-turn green light to change to amber then red so soon. I think I was just before the stop-line when the turning light became red. The slow pick-up caused me to over-estimate my speed of turning and I was overly optmisstic that I could make it. On hindsight, I should have stopped.

I drove past the junction again and realised that there is a redlight camera. I dun recall seeing a flash at all.

As the entire traffic direction was still green light except that this right-turn lane which was turned red, I wonder if the camera will activate.

The funny thing about this junction is that after the red light for the right turn comes on, it will go off after 5 sec. It becomes a "normal" right-turning lane when the red light goes off.

i reckon that the camera wont activate for a single lane (general traffic direction is still green) or due to the weird set-up for this right-turning lane (turns red then turns off).

Any expert opinion?

Having said the above, I am absolutely sure it was a mistake on my judgement. I will definitely be less optimssitic when crossing traffic lights...

the rlc is for vehicels going straight. dont worry, you should see the flash also if kena [:)]

thks for the assuring replies.

will be more careful going forward. My record is clean and I hope to maintain as long as possible. Also wish to avoid the situation of having 12 demerits pts and then crunching for another RLC.. then license may be up the lorry...

I encountered a similar situation at that exact junction before, near Innova JC, right? I was driving behind this slow Vespa and thought could clear, but the lights changed damn quickly, i crossed the line about half a second after it turned red-arrow due to this.. It's been more than a month and so far nothing.. I also thought it was my first 12 points gone.. hahaha.. Chill bro, you should be fine...

Well... i also had same experience at lower delta road, with camera junction. Right turning and infront of me is long vehicle. So far nothing happen. :)

I encountered a similar situation at that exact junction before, near Innova JC, right? I was driving behind this slow Vespa and thought could clear, but the lights changed damn quickly, i crossed the line about half a second after it turned red-arrow due to this.. It's been more than a month and so far nothing.. I also thought it was my first 12 points gone.. hahaha.. Chill bro, you should be fine...

yup that is the junction. the amber light also seems to change to red faster than normal i feel. it may be quite dangerous to jam brake since already accelerating to clear the juncture on amber light. I was in a flux in a split second but proceeded to cross the line.

No excuse for cheonging the red light though. I will be less aggressive next time. 12 pts is super siong to stomach...

yup that is the junction. the amber light also seems to change to red faster than normal i feel. it may be quite dangerous to jam brake since already accelerating to clear the juncture on amber light. I was in a flux in a split second but proceeded to cross the line.

No excuse for cheonging the red light though. I will be less aggressive next time. 12 pts is super siong to stomach...

I second that.. The amber was too fast, similar to the junction from mandai to lentor.. At the speed I was going at that point of time, if i jammed brake, the van behind me would've rear-ended me and i would've also stopped beyond the stop line, bo pian move lor..

Edited by Syaheerbmw

pleased to report that after > 2wks, I have yet to receive any letter. Have been tracking EDDIES too...

↡ Advertisement