Given up on BB deals when....

RadX

...you can tether with your iPhone.

Will be terminating most of my mobile boradband plans in due course and my phone line which has 12G data plan works well when i need to surf thru the iPhone. Most prolly get multi-sim for my iPad and my other macbook air lah...but yes, 1 plan fits all...

Anyone here doing the same?

↡ Advertisement

I just re-contract the home bb with sink-tel and they just throw in the mobile bb for free even after i tell them I don't need.....

But they just give the sim card alone..... good thing I have an old huawei modem..... but frankly I don't really think I will use it.....

I just re-contract the home bb with sink-tel and they just throw in the mobile bb for free even after i tell them I don't need.....

But they just give the sim card alone..... good thing I have an old huawei modem..... but frankly I don't really think I will use it.....

With your phone plan, ie, 3G flexi, etc...dun need even the home bb.....

With your phone plan, ie, 3G flexi, etc...dun need even the home bb.....

Home bb very impt...... need solid swee swee connection for PS3 online gaming..... [laugh]

Will be terminating most of my mobile boradband plans in due course and my phone line which has 12G data plan works well when i need to surf thru the iPhone. Most prolly get multi-sim for my iPad and my other macbook air lah...but yes, 1 plan fits all...

Me too, using it in office, otherwise this block that block....

Monthly usage less than 6gb only, purely surf and read emails... Speed good enough, much better than my "dedicated" coporate line.

free for how long? usually i dont take freebies from them, especially you must remember to terminate that service when it is no longer free :D

your iphone is 3 or 4? if it is 3GS then you subscribe to multi-sim and put in your ipad, but you need to cut to micro sim first.

if yours is iphone 4, singtel will automatically give you a micro sim. but you need to pay...i think... $10 while normal sim is only $5 per month.

12G is sufficient for both usage :D

tethering is not stable. and the connection speed offer isn't that fantastic as well. we are comparing between wired connection to a wireless 3G network connection.

RMC, can pass to me if u not using? [:p]

if u r with singtel and thinking of using your iphone data plan for ipad and macbook, apply for the supp sim card at $5 per mth per card instead of multi sim.

supp is cheaper because u can't make calls for it, which doesn't matter anyway since you don't need it for ipad and mac.

if u r with singtel and thinking of using your iphone data plan for ipad and macbook, apply for the supp sim card at $5 per mth per card instead of multi sim.

supp is cheaper because u can't make calls for it, which doesn't matter anyway since you don't need it for ipad and mac.

multi sim is $5 also. [laugh] (unless you want the micro sim)

Depends on your needs. Basic web surfing will be more than enough. However, If you are into downloading or online gaming, 12G data plan will not last very long. [laugh]

I've thought about this too, but seeing my usage, I've decided to keep my home bb.

Turbocharged

not me.. i have 2 desktops and 3 laptops at home.. so i still need my 10mbps BB connection.. and 12GB just isn't enough for home use.. [laugh]

TS is referring to mobile broadband, not home broadband.... the speed cmi if u tethering for home use

i terminated mobile bb coz using iphone tethered

Edited by Pltang

Turbocharged

Good only for general surfing. During peak periods, mobile broadband is damn sucky.

And if you need to d/l software upgrades for your OS (the last one I did last Sun was for 127MB), using mobile broadband will be really really really slow.