Good wipers, or Rain-X?

Sky_vinz

Good wipers, or Rain-X?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will you choose to use good wipers, or Rain-X?

• Good wipers
    • Rain-X or similar products

From some feedbacks that I read, it seems that most people encounter this wiper juddering effect after they have applied Rain-X or similar products on their windscreens.

And so I'm wondering, if we were to choose only one of the solutions, which will most of us prefer?

↡ Advertisement

They are good - even my wipers can last 1 year.

u mean yr wiper can only last 12months?

it should be able to last 18-24months.

i just enquire my wiper price. KNN, 1 original pair cost almost S$100 including GST.

must go and source OEM brand.

Neutral Newbie

For me it'll be never to use Rain X on front windscreen as it's like what I term as drugs for glass. Once ya stop using the wipers judder really badly and have to keep using.

i gave up using rain-x cos of the judder effect.

Same here....rain-x just not suitable for our tropical weather. Use silicone wipers will be good enough to do the job. [:)]

yes brother Rain-X have slight juddering effect... but when applying that after car wash, make sure to aways take a wet soapy sponge and clean the wipers then rinse the wiper with water, also use glass cleaner to remove oil or impurities on the glass, the effects will not be significant compare to windows that are not properly cleaned; to me la hahaha...

I am no longer using rain x but using similar to Rain X but its in a gel form... Its call Rain Gel or something, cost more about $24... that one dun have very must juddering effect and it can last for more than a month and a half... Works well for me during slight drizzle but of cos downpour no use la... but if your windows are coated it helps cos the water that lands on the glass will form into beats, when my glass is not coated then the water that falls it kinda spread and mess up my windows...

Good wipers are important, rain x and brotherly products are supplement; good to have only :)

Edited by Meganut

u mean yr wiper can only last 12months?

it should be able to last 18-24months.

i just enquire my wiper price. KNN, 1 original pair cost almost S$100 including GST.

must go and source OEM brand.

Nissan will change wipers every 20K. But my 1st wipers were still in good condition - still

can swipe swee swee (not blur) but a bit judder.

Glass cleaner and good sillicone wipers for front windscreen.

Rain-ex for all the rest incl side mirrors(since already buy then use where wipers are not there).

Supercharged
Rain-ex for all the rest incl side mirrors(since already buy then use where wipers are not there).

rain-ex works?

not for me.. i only using it at side mirror and doesn't seem to be helping at all...

correct me if i am wrong.

pour, then wipe. :blink:

Twincharged

I used the autoglym car glass polish to clean the windows first then claybar all the windows. Then apply wax to all the windows that have no wipers. It works as well as using rain-x. For the front never apply anything. Just clean it regularly. Even using those cheap wipers I got from giant also no juddering. And I can change every year as it only cost around 30+ for one pair.

yes brother Rain-X have slight juddering effect... but when applying that after car wash, make sure to aways take a wet soapy sponge and clean the wipers then rinse the wiper with water, also use glass cleaner to remove oil or impurities on the glass, the effects will not be significant compare to windows that are not properly cleaned; to me la hahaha...

I am no longer using rain x but using similar to Rain X but its in a gel form... Its call Rain Gel or something, cost more about $24... that one dun have very must juddering effect and it can last for more than a month and a half... Works well for me during slight drizzle but of cos downpour no use la... but if your windows are coated it helps cos the water that lands on the glass will form into beats, when my glass is not coated then the water that falls it kinda spread and mess up my windows...

Good wipers are important, rain x and brotherly products are supplement; good to have only :)

Bro, Rain Gel or what-ever-you-call-it buy from where? I want to try.

↡ Advertisement