Steering wheel lock

Pokyman

Is it a good deterrent against car thieves? Thinking of driving into JB with my new car, so worried about car theft. Read stories about them able to bypass ur car electronic alarms, etc ... So is a wheel sterring lock good enough to prevent them from stealing or towing away ur car?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

They don't steal all cars....only those in demand. If the car is in huge demand, they will steal no matter what. I feel it is sufficient to just practice common sense eg. avoid parking in less crowded places, leaving valuable things exposed, living cars to car wash/polish vendors while you go shopping, etc.....

Edited by Silver_blade

steering lock to slow down them down from driving away but if towing what ever lock you have also gone. they lift your whole car up. [bigcry]

But just bear in mind park where there is jaga not too quiet places. if you driving on highway ensure you dun drive slow but if you driving merz, BMW can't advise you much but better dun drive in.

• Praise 1

Is it a good deterrent against car thieves? Thinking of driving into JB with my new car, so worried about car theft. Read stories about them able to bypass ur car electronic alarms, etc ... So is a wheel sterring lock good enough to prevent them from stealing or towing away ur car?

The Steering wheel lock won't prevent, but it will deter

Get a pedal lock as well; I use a chain, twirl it ard the pedals, then lock it with a regular lock

• Praise 1

Whatever safety device you use...don't be too excessive. I know someone kenna car-jacked while he was unlocking all the extra locks in the car....the guy just smashed his window and opened the door from inside. He was probably a sitting duck while he was unlocking and removing all the locks. His was m'sian registered wira.

• Praise 1

People wants to steal your car, they will have ways to break it.

However if that yours is a common model, they will likely to walk away.

i thought its the other way round? common car then steal mah

• Praise 1

they wan it mean they want it.. u LLST... make sure nothing visible.. or on the dashboard...

maybe a parang on the dash board must deter some

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

There's a new product called RASLOK in the market, I found it in Autobacs, it's a Singapore product, good quality, patented, seems to the most secure steering wheel anti-theft lock in the market. visit their website for more info: www.raslok.com

Edited by Retireinjb
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

All stering locks are useless as the steering wheel

is designed to be soft and easily cut to minimise impact

to your head in the event of an accident.

The metal rod inside the steering wheel can easily be cut.

However the brake and clutch pedal is extremely strong

metal designed not to break when you stamp hard on it

during e brake.

So the best lock is a foot brake lock.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Hypersonic

I don't know if its true but I heard Vios and City

are the most targeted cars in Jb.

Followed by Msian cars.

The least targeted are Kim chi cars.

may not stop determined car thieves but i think it at least serves as a deterrent