China 歼-20 first flight new photos 

Wishcumstrue

Think its like the toyota mentality in SG. Proven fighter with loads of spare parts available at good prices, thats y the F15 was chosen.

I was puzzled as well, and was actually hoping the eurofighter typhoon was chosen.

Proven fighter? Maybe...

Loads of spare parts? Maybe...

Good price? Don't think so...

Remember the "golden" toilet seats in navy aircraft(?) some defence contractor charged hundreds of dollars to the Pentagon not too long ago?

If they could do that to their own people, what about supposedly carrot heads like us?

Granted their systems are proven superb & reliable, their steep price may deter many folks.. which I will not pay with my arm or leg [laugh]

IMHO it maybe due to political reason that the planes were chosen...but that's just me [wave]

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

Hee hee ! People here very funny. Some can criticised about the plane but in actual fact he or she or nobody knows anything about the plane or its technology. Hmmm........ say good things still alright but to criticise someone when we know nothing about it shows what a person we are. [cool]

Edited by Renegade777

Haha..even the CIA dont know much about the plane. Still gathering info.

And MCF members suddenly know better than them? One look at the exterior and they already say its a copy and inferior performance etc etc..Ah well..Singaporeans.

Lets not forget, China has already put someone successfully into space.

Hee hee ! People here very funny. Some can criticised about the plane but in actual fact he or she or nobody knows anything about the plane or its technology. Hmmm........ say good things still alright but to criticise someone when we know nothing about it shows what a person we are. [cool]

Edited by Davidtkl

Proven fighter? Maybe...

Loads of spare parts? Maybe...

Good price? Don't think so...

Remember the "golden" toilet seats in navy aircraft(?) some defence contractor charged hundreds of dollars to the Pentagon not too long ago?

If they could do that to their own people, what about supposedly carrot heads like us?

Granted their systems are proven superb & reliable, their steep price may deter many folks.. which I will not pay with my arm or leg [laugh]

IMHO it maybe due to political reason that the planes were chosen...but that's just me [wave]

Perhaps we bought it as a ticket to join in the JSF F35 program.

It's a natural progression from F15 to F22. Since no on in the world can fly F22 except USA. The next a/c in line is F35.

Think Typhoon was mentioned to be more expensive overall compare to F15.

Buy F15 also allow the training program to be conducted in US,

Maybe buy Typhoon must go UK, Germany and France etc, too troublesome.

3 main reasons:

-Cost

-inter-operatability with current systems

-The capability that RSAF wants is only available in the next only available in tranche which is too late for them.

It's a natural progression from F15 to F22. Since no on in the world can fly F22 except USA. The next a/c in line is F35.

Turbocharged

Haha..even the CIA dont know much about the plane. Still gathering info.

And MCF members suddenly know better than them? One look at the exterior and they already say its a copy and inferior performance etc etc..Ah well..Singaporeans.

yah lor...

u can say China's quality control sucks based on their food, cars, imitation, etc, etc

but to pump so much money in their national defence (of cos still far lesser than big bro US), and implementation of capital punishment for those who dare to siphon the money or trying to create empty shells in army/air force/navy projects, i believe China is capable of coming out more and more powerful, precise and reliable weapons and equipment

their successful tests of the atomic bomb in 1960s, their development of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) in the 90s and the launching of anti-satellite missiles in the 2000s are not just for show only

Correction.. NOT BUILD Carrier... Its BUY from Russia then REFIT with Ukranian engines and other electronics.. and BUY Russian fighters and helis to equip the air wing..

So technically these Chinks are just ASSEMBLING a carrier.

Going forward will be mass produce copy cat copies of this carrier.. much like Chery QQ vs Chev Sparks!

As long as the Chinks don't start to innovate but depend on other's stuff to copy, they'll never be ahead..

who the heck care if they copy or not, the most important thing now they can make the carrier, able to make mean will be getting stronger. one more thing i dun believe their qualities sucks, do u know that made in china goods for chinese is better quality compared the goods export to singapore and rest of the world???

At least China has the ability to assemble or make something like this out. how about us?? we got no sh1t at all to show off...... We are worse off because we only know how to buy direct and label it "FT"

This sleeping dragon has woken up..... u go check who are the largest companies now in the world...... who is the largest bank now? who has the largest foreign reserves now?

Even now US is scared stiff of China..... once this dragon wakes up, i tell you, no one can stop it.

hahaha agree better acknowledge our ancestors from china now hahahahahahahah

alamak you all forget the 3 Big Big spaceship huh.... they are cumming you know, in 2 years time.... so why worry who got better plane or ship... [laugh]

In addition to that, the F15 was chosen over the Typhoon because the Europeans did not want to equip the plane with the AESA radar.

Turbocharged

u only mentioned the "bad" thing about Mig 25. do u know it body is made of stainless steel !!! a plane made of steel !!! can u name another one beside Mig 31? US never able to make such plane!

PRC chinese do not lack of creative people, but majority put it into wrong use.

I thought it's Nickel Alloy? Steel will make it extremely heavy leh..

Not so sure if they wiill let us in even though our status in the programme is something like observer or interested party.

Read some where not too long ago that the multi-nation partners were baulking at the huge costs in the development of this jet (incidentally named Lightning II, the 1st Lightning being my other favorite WWII-era twin-engined P38, the same type of plane that shot down IJN's Admiral Yamamoto's transport plane in a successful assassination attempt)

Even if they are willing to sell us who are considered their special friend, the ultimate price tag may be too much for us to bear & definitely costly to maintain.

Edited by Vulcann

Hmm lookslike the Nightraven from GI Joes....

Wonder if the chinese watched the Hollywood movie and chanted 'Cobra!!!'

Anyway if there is arms race...I sure hope it is GI Joe style..yo Joes!! [cool]

I thought it's Nickel Alloy? Steel will make it extremely heavy leh..

The density of the structural steel (Grade 275/355 UBs, UCs, CHS, RHS, etc) we use in construction sites is about 7850kg/cum.

Nickel Alloy is over 8000kg/cum in density.

It is thus way heavier bro...

↡ Advertisement