China 歼-20 first flight new photos 

Wishcumstrue

A photo comparison between T-50, J-20 and F-22

The J-20 stands out as the only known flying stealth jet with full moving canard.

This indicates the Chinese designer has gone beyond the conventional stealth platform that we had seen so far.

Canard introduce few advantages such increased maneuverability, improved flight efficiency..that means you need to have very advanced and reliable digital flight control to manage the such unstable platform.

Edit: Full canard input in action. This is standard pre-flight check.

Full Left, Full right, Full front, full aft Full & Free movement.

↡ Advertisement

i wont say its definitely a copy but im very certain that overall it cant make up to an F-22 with an American Pilot.

Difficult to say.

If you say one-on-one dog fight it's still difficult to say as, no one really know the maneuverability of this aircraft.

If we say about beyond visual range attack, it depends on luck.

I have heard from a local F16 pilot (A-variant), that during one exercise he managed to evade detection by the 4 F15 with a combined radar range of about 100nm locked-on to one of the 4 F15. http://www.combataircraft.com/en/Formations/Battle-Spread/

Difficult to say.

If you say one-on-one dog fight it's still difficult to say as, no one really know the maneuverability of this aircraft.

If we say about beyond visual range attack, it depends on luck.

I have heard from a local F16 pilot (A-variant), that during one exercise he managed to evade detection by the 4 F15 with a combined radar range of about 100nm locked-on to one of the 4 F15. http://www.combataircraft.com/en/Formations/Battle-Spread/

With the kind of training and kill ratios the F-22 pilots are getting againsts F-15s i would be quite sure

F15s are of a different class altogether. If its BVR then F-15s and F-22s are pretty much the kings

Cool down bro.. I am born n bred SG.. My job nothing to do with China bec they are my supplier.. without me they are the ones without a job!!

Chinks = Mainland CHinese... Not to be confused with overseas chinese born elsewhere...

You agree SG Chinese are same as CHina CHinese?? I won't go there if i were you.. Looking at all the stuff n antics done by the mainlanders (Chinks), its no wonder others dont have a good opinion of them.. even locally..

Perhaps you should stick to the topic here and not digress to racism or nationalism...

But I also cant stand the way you write chink here and chink there. Yes we are different but the term chink is still deem to be degratory so you should stick to the topic and comment objectively minus the term.

With the kind of training and kill ratios the F-22 pilots are getting againsts F-15s i would be quite sure

F15s are of a different class altogether. If its BVR then F-15s and F-22s are pretty much the kings

I just hope China will not be like US to use war to showcase the might of their arsenal.

That's doing sales presentation to the greatest scale. [smallcry]

They will want to sell these to developing countries.

some sinkies think they are more american than the typical american, take it as just a CHINK in their armour! [laugh][laugh]

yeap agreed totally those with identity crisis....

I just hope China will not be like US to use war to showcase the might of their arsenal.

That's doing sales presentation to the greatest scale. [smallcry]

They will want to sell these to developing countries.

China is a country that has concessions to the french, brits, americans, germans and off cse the japanese in shanghai not too long ago They have also ceeded hk and macau to the brits who fed them opium and the portugese. And with the americans patrolling just outside their doorsteps it is akin to someone brandishing an ak47 outside your home, what would you do?

the only way for them is to build a deterrent and tell these western powers dont come too near for i will bite. unlike the americans who needs war to sell and cement their superpower status and more importantly ensure the green back is still the world's reserve currency. For i believe they will take down anyone whom they think will decide to dump the green back.

Cool down bro.. I am born n bred SG.. My job nothing to do with China bec they are my supplier.. without me they are the ones without a job!!

Chinks = Mainland CHinese... Not to be confused with overseas chinese born elsewhere...

You agree SG Chinese are same as CHina CHinese?? I won't go there if i were you.. Looking at all the stuff n antics done by the mainlanders (Chinks), its no wonder others dont have a good opinion of them.. even locally..

Perhaps you should stick to the topic here and not digress to racism or nationalism...

very funny

Turbocharged

China is a country that has concessions to the french, brits, americans, germans and off cse the japanese in shanghai not too long ago They have also ceeded hk and macau to the brits who fed them opium and the portugese. And with the americans patrolling just outside their doorsteps it is akin to someone brandishing an ak47 outside your home, what would you do?

the only way for them is to build a deterrent and tell these western powers dont come too near for i will bite. unlike the americans who needs war to sell and cement their superpower status and more importantly ensure the green back is still the world's reserve currency. For i believe they will take down anyone whom they think will decide to dump the green back.

China is never interested in becoming a world policeman like US.. The only reason it builds up it's arsenal to such extent is because of the US's defensive agreement with Taiwan.. Imagine having several US Carrier Battlegroups within 100km of your coastline, how will you deal with it?

ya kind of agree that China at present moment do not have the intention nor the capability to be like US Polis aka Bully policy.... you dont listen, we shaft the whole god damn US of A Army up your arse.... they are building up as a deterent to US an its "allies"... telling them China is no longer the China of yesterday, where you send in your troops with guns and we fight you with 倚天剑and 屠龙刀.... [laugh]....

No no.... China got the weapon and the people...... you try doing a D Day again and will see many of the GI going back in body bags..... and US aint dumb to do just that yet.... unless the commander in chief is high on drugs or high from gettng something below from his chio bu secretary.... [:p]

China Central TV broad casted (Jan 22) analysis on J-20 by PPLA's military expert.

CCTV-7 军事科技 2011-01-22 - 全解四代机 / 详细解析黑丝J20性能 1/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho_BEUFup5k

CCTV-7 军事科技 2011-01-22 - 全解四代机 / 详细解析黑丝J20性能 2/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGwdkiZSdoY

He hinted/shared a few observations as reported by netizens:

1) 4"S" requirements for today's 4th/5th gen fighters.

2) J-20 is a 4th and 5th gen fighter, depending on Western or Russian perspectives.

3) Dark colour instead of yellow paint - due to non-metallic material on J-20

4) Non vectoring nozzles...for now.

5) F22 vs F16 kill ratio 0 v 144 at an Alaskan simulated fight.

6) Korean and Japanese future stealth fighter plan.

7) J-20 is part of the new revolution in military warfare for China.

Balkan military officials and other experts have told AP that, in all probability, the Chinese gleaned some of their technological know-how from an American F-117 Nighthawk that was shot down over Serbia in 1999.

China's new stealth fighter may use US technology

05:55 AM Jan 24, 2011

BRUSSELS - Chinese officials recently unveiled a new, high-tech stealth fighter that could pose a significant threat to American air superiority - and some of its technology, it turns out, may well have come from the United States itself.

Balkan military officials and other experts have told AP that, in all probability, the Chinese gleaned some of their technological know-how from an American F-117 Nighthawk that was shot down over Serbia in 1999.

Nighthawks were the world's first stealth fighters, planes that were very hard for radar to detect. But on March 27, 1999, during the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation's aerial bombing of Serbia in the Kosovo war, a Serbian anti-aircraft missile shot one of the Nighthawks down. The pilot ejected and was rescued.

It was the first time one of the much-touted "invisible" fighters had been hit. The Pentagon believed a combination of clever tactics and sheer luck had allowed a Soviet-built SA-3 missile to shoot down the jet.

The wreckage was strewn over a wide area of flat farmlands and civilians collected the parts - some the size of small cars - as souvenirs.

"At the time, our intelligence reports told of Chinese agents criss-crossing the region where the F-117 disintegrated, buying up parts of the plane from local farmers," says Admiral Davor Domazet-Loso, Croatia's military chief of staff during the Kosovo war.

"We believe the Chinese used those materials to gain an insight into secret stealth technologies ... and to reverse-engineer them," Adm Domazet-Loso said in a telephone interview.

A senior Serbian military official confirmed that pieces of the wreckage were removed by souvenir collectors and that some ended up "in the hands of foreign military attaches".

Mr Zoran Kusovac, a Rome-based military consultant, said the regime of former Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic routinely shared captured Western equipment with its Chinese and Russian allies.

"The destroyed F-117 topped the wish-list for both the Russians and Chinese," Mr Kusovac said.

China's new stealth fighter may use US technology

Sigh...here we go again, another "may" report from foreign media.

FYI, Nighhawk is not considered a new generation of fighter, it was over 30 years old, now retired from USAF and its paint system was too expensive to maintain... Today's stealth like F22 F35 T50 etc has gone beyond this subsonic jet both in terms of performance and roles.

IMO, there is hardly anything that one can extract from pieces of the F117 other than its out-dated paint compositions and frame material, let alone one can make a J-20 jet with those limited info. Also Russians were reportly had access to the wreck too, but we don't see them having stealth jet until recently.

F-117_canopy.jpg

J-20 test flight Nov 12.

HD resolution with original sounds taken a local aviation fan.

Notable scenes:

1) Test pilot boarding.

2) Variable nozzle changes

3) Engines spool up tone (this one gave me the goose-bumps!)

4) Pre-flight controls checks and very fast responses - DFC in action.

5) Line-up taxi for a/b take-off - (camera man at good spot)

6) Fly-by over the airfield - kinda like giving a free airshow demo with kids amongst the on-lookers.

7) Wind turbulence can be heard when it flew over the landing path.

8) Drag-chute landing.

J-20 test flight Nov 12.

HD resolution with original sounds taken a local aviation fan.

Notable scenes:

1) Test pilot boarding.

2) Variable nozzle changes

3) Engines spool up tone (this one gave me the goose-bumps!)

4) Pre-flight controls checks and very fast responses - DFC in action.

5) Line-up taxi for a/b take-off - (camera man at good spot)

6) Fly-by over the airfield - kinda like giving a free airshow demo with kids amongst the on-lookers.

7) Wind turbulence can be heard when it flew over the landing path.

8) Drag-chute landing.

Cool looking plane, is RSAF on the pre-order list?