Serious - Catching a car break-in thief

Ad23

Neutral Newbie

Gentlemen. There is someone who attempted to break into my dad's cab last sat. He left dents at the window seal area in his futile attempt to break in. A police report was made but my dad got the sop reply that they will patrol more. Load of BS. On sunday, my dad called me and told me he noticed new dents, this time, at the passenger side. On monday, he got them fixed. Today, he called me again and he noticed new scratches at the same area again. Now ... if he did it once, I think I can let it go. The 2nd time ... I cannot tahan liao. My purpose is to ask what you guys will do? How will you attempt to catch him in the act? How many people do you think is enough to have a proper stake out? What time is the best to do the stake out? How will you hide? What equipment will you bring?

Finally, my dad has nothing expensive on display in his cab. He removes his cashcard every night. At the most, he has a pair of cheapo tweeters and 1 ionizer on display, plus a pouch where he keeps his coins, just coins, no cash. Any out of the box ideas will be greatly appreciated. I just don't trust that the MIB will step up their patrol. I need to catch this b@stard myself.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

s*it!! my neigbhourhood!!

i am sure your dad park his cab at certain time of the day where the culprit do his stuff. why don't you ambush him during this time?

installing a motion sensing cam will be helpful too.

it sounds more like a very unsatisfied customer to me.........or a bloody stupid thief who attempt to break into the same car twice at the same location.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Neutral Newbie

Yea bro. We are going to do that. I would like to see if there are any out of the box ideas to catch him. Installing a cam and laying an ambush are the first 2 things that come to mind. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Would an unsatisfied customer go to all that trouble? Wouldn't he be better off just scratching the cab or puncturing the tyres? The charge for attempted break in and vandalism is different eh. Attempted break in is worse ya. Why risk his own future just to get back at a cab driver?

Edited by Ad23

Turbocharged

Yea bro. We are going to do that. I would like to see if there are any out of the box ideas to catch him. Installing a cam and laying an ambush are the first 2 things that come to mind. [thumbsup]

the other method is to park the vehicle at a level where you can see it from your home. install a videocam in your home and start recording.

With these details, you should go back to discuss with the MIB. They will assist you and can do a better job than ordinary folks. Alternatively, you can also enlist the help of your area's COP (Citizen on Patrol) leader for advice and assistance.

Neutral Newbie

Hahahaha ... that's funny. We will leave a similar note on the day we plan the ambush. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

The car park where my dad parks his cab is located underground. No top floors just 2 basement levels. Plus it's impossible to catch the culprit from my flat as I live too high up. I thought of installing the cam in my car though. Ask my dad to park somewhere where the camera when mounted in my car is able to capture his face.

Would an unsatisfied customer go to all that trouble? Wouldn't he be better off just scratching the cab or puncturing the tyres? The charge for attempted break in and vandalism is different eh. Attempted break in is worse ya. Why risk his own future just to get back at a cab driver?

stupid ppl do stupid things. trying to break in the same car at the same location is proof of the low intellect of the person.

i also think a normal thinking thief will not try to break into the same car twice at the same place, might have a different agenda? unless he is really damn bloody goondo

we never knows how others think. I met unsatisfied silly customers who broke into a store to steal things just because the stall owner don wan to give discount of $10, so its nothing new.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Neutral Newbie

The problem is ... will they really assist us? They said they will step up the patrol in the area. Did they really do it? He attempted to break in the very next day and he attempted it again last night. If the police stepped up their patrol, these could have been avoided. I don't know if my neighbourhood has any COP. How do I check?

Neutral Newbie

Seriously? How dumb can people get! Risk ruining their future just to get back at someone for a meagre amount of money. [hur]

Seriously? How dumb can people get! Risk ruining their future just to get back at someone for a meagre amount of money. [hur]

the fellow got 5 years in jail because he is a repeated offender....

when these ppl thinks that they don have a future, they don think at all.... they just do wht they think is "right"

Edited by Tom_kkh

Bro, cam no use one. Better to get a buddy to stakeout with you, easier to overpower that bugger if you can catch him redhanded.

Please call our friendly neighbourhood mata once you have caught him and don't hoot him, later die then jialat :blink:

Neutral Newbie

Oh my.... my neigbhourhood as well !!!

Got to be on high alert to look out for this culprit. Must alert Police to lookout for any suspicious subject in the vicinity.

↡ Advertisement