Castrol Edge Sport

Dfx16

Its stated for European car formula. what is the diff between this and the local castrol?

hi all, found the lobang from Amazon.

Castrol 03101 EDGE 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil - 5 Quart at USD 25, can be shipped to Singapore under free shipping!

Min 125 USD to qualify for free shipping. Select 5 quantity and should be able to choose global free shipping. I just ordered mine with other stuff

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGQLZSU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B00JGQLZSU&link_code=as3&tag=alourine-20&linkId=QX5UHSBZJSLBVDCA

I would say its on par, if not better than Motul

Wonder how is Castrol Edge Sport compared to Motul 300V, in term of performance?

The front number does not really matter in spore

Its the temp difference, local castrol all begins with 5w while EU are 0w,

I would say its on par, if not better than Motul

The front number does not really matter in spore

Thanks.

You tried Motul 300v before and now stay on Castrol Edge Sport, and they are on par?

Which is better sport or titanium?

I've using castrol edge titanium close to 6k now. So far so good. Better FC n smooth drive.

Titanium promised 15k miles protection n cheaper too.

Anyone here has tried Liquid Gold 5W40 oil? Was recommended this for its quality and value. Thanks in advance for any inputs!

The "Liquid Gold" that i know comes in 18L, and is actually recycled oil... not sure if we are talking about the same thing...

Its the temp difference, local castrol all begins with 5w while EU are 0w,

Local Castrol do come in both 5W and 0W... about $10 difference.

Its stated for European car formula. what is the diff between this and the local castrol?

Usually oils sold in USA will tend to state "EU formula" to show it is certified for european car standards e.g. BMW LL-01, MB 229.5 etc..., as the same oil can have different formula in different countries. Those made in USA tend to have a different formula.

Local castrol mostly certified (read the label behind to be sure, and know which standards it is certified for if you are driving a conti).

Where is the ulu place?

Wah u digged a really old reply.. anyway it's at sungei kadut.
Now buy 4L Castrol Edge Titanium 5W-40 comes with free 1L bottle.

Edited by Asure7

For stop and go conditions, even the best oils need to changr every 10k

Which is better sport or titanium?

I've using castrol edge titanium close to 6k now. So far so good. Better FC n smooth drive.

Titanium promised 15k miles protection n cheaper too.

• Praise 1

Car manufacturer recommends 20K Km for my car. [:p]

But S'pore driving is harsher,too many stop & go,higher heat & humidilty,& worse part,is cars so expensive [furious] [Europe cars so cheap],change at 10,000km is still the best. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

But S'pore driving is harsher,too many stop & go,higher heat & humidilty,& worse part,is cars so expensive [furious] [Europe cars so cheap],change at 10,000km is still the best. [thumbsup]

Cannot understand some owner spend so much for a car here, not willing to paid $100 - $200 for more regular oil change.

I change oil at 8k interval, the drive is always so good with fresh oil.

• Praise 2

Cannot understand some owner spend so much for a car here, not willing to paid $100 - $200 for more regular oil change.

Agreed,even my new Mazda 6,agent told me 1st free oil change at 10,000km,i told them,no thanks,change the oil at 1000km & 5000km..i will pay for it...just $130.00,is nothing...just one tank of petrol costed more than it.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Diff strokes for diff folks. Many ppl penny wise. Example buy branded accessories don't care about amount, pay a bit more for drinks wo ice, question y so ex. So there u go.

Agreed,even my new Mazda 6,agent told me 1st free oil change at 10,000km,i told them,no thanks,change the oil at 1000km & 5000km..i will pay for it...just $130.00,is nothing...just one tank of petrol costed more than it.

If u drivin exec sedan, most likely ur budget ok. Many struggling to maintain a bnb car may not see eye to eye w u.

Just to add, even some drivin higher end model may oso b struggling to maintain. Or they just felt oredi pay so much for car, dun wanna pay some more to maintain.

• Praise 1

got money.. you change every 1000KM better. your engine will constantly have new and fresh engine oil.so dont compare with pear with apple. To each his own. When the mazda agent offer this package they have the consumers in mind. If you want to do it otherwise is up to individual. To each his own imho

is the friendly uncle at Forklift Enterprise still selling Castrol Edge ?

Not sure about Forklift but i saw mxtradings still have, they have the gold version and the black German Castrol version. $16/L
↡ Advertisement