Be warned: never buy air con from G@1n C1ty

Jkcs

5 hours ago, LTSL said:

We also bought our aircon from Gain City in August 2018. It's the worst after sales service we've ever had. 

Please share more to provide some insight lah. We are not psychic to be able to read your mind.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

On 6/30/2020 at 12:36 PM, Heartlander said:

Please share more to provide some insight lah. We are not psychic to be able to read your mind.

It's a long story. In late 2008 we moved into this current condo.  Before that, we decided to replace all 6 units of the aircon and we bought the aircon from Gain City. All pipings were changed to new ones. Two months ago one of the units started leaking and we engaged Gain City to do servicing for all 6 units. When the technician came, he realised that he could not open the fan coil cover and therefore could not remove the blower to wash. The aircon was too closed to the wall.  The previous owner did not have a problem because their aircon units were smaller. How then would Gain City installer blindly installed the aircon without considering that we would not be able to open the cover to service the aircon in future. A supervisor came and took some pictures of the problematic aircons. Long story short the installer was longer with Gain City and they refused to admit that it's their fault. I attach a couple of pics and you will wonder how would an experienced installer not know that it would not be possible to service the aircon in future, and yet they proceeded to install. The first pic is the aircon of the previous owner. Second and third pics are our current aircon. Screenshot_20200704_223337_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.ed79147f8920aabf364a2dad3c7ecbb5.jpg

Screenshot_20200704_223343_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20200704_223352_com.whatsapp.jpg

• Praise 2

Just now, LTSL said:

It's a long story. In late 2008 we moved into this current condo.  Before that, we decided to replace all 6 units of the aircon and we bought the aircon from Gain City. All pipings were changed to new ones. Two months ago one of the units started leaking and we engaged Gain City to do servicing for all 6 units. When the technician came, he realised that he could not open the fan coil cover and therefore could not remove the blower to wash. The aircon was too closed to the wall.  The previous owner did not have a problem because their aircon units were smaller. How then would Gain City installer blindly installed the aircon without considering that we would not be able to open the cover to service the aircon in future. A supervisor came and took some pictures of the problematic aircons. Long story short the installer was longer with Gain City and they refused to admit that it's their fault. I attach a couple of pics and you will wonder how would an experienced installer not know that it would not be possible to service the aircon in future, and yet they proceeded to install. The first pic is the aircon of the previous owner. Second and third pics are our current aircon. Screenshot_20200704_223337_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.ed79147f8920aabf364a2dad3c7ecbb5.jpg

Screenshot_20200704_223343_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20200704_223352_com.whatsapp.jpg

Sorry for the typo. Its 2018, not 2008.

The aircon from Gain City was installed in late August 2018 and they come with 3 years warranty on installation. However Gain City refused to honor this fault as part of their mistake. 

Hypersonic
(edited)

To be honest, no doubt the installer who came to survey the first time before the installation is a cockster. And the 2nd visit where they actually install. If I remember correctly, I paid extra for the extra visit?

But given the limited space for the false ceiling cutout, u also need to do the due diligence to ask the right questions when purchasing from GC... 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Now that I've surfaced this and pointed out the problem and also showed the pics, it looks like no-brainer but at that time as layman, how would we know? Its easy to say now in retrospect that we should ask right questions. 

• Praise 2

On 7/5/2020 at 1:39 AM, LTSL said:

Now that I've surfaced this and pointed out the problem and also showed the pics, it looks like no-brainer but at that time as layman, how would we know? Its easy to say now in retrospect that we should ask right questions. 

While installer is so irresponsible for not pointing out.. i think u also need to take some responsibility.. is quite common sense to know tat e aircon need to open up n service and e gap is too small for the new aircon.

It dun take an expert to see these kinda issue..

On 7/4/2020 at 11:20 PM, Lala81 said:

To be honest, no doubt the installer who came to survey the first time before the installation is a cockster. And the 2nd visit where they actually install. If I remember correctly, I paid extra for the extra visit?

But given the limited space for the false ceiling cutout, u also need to do the due diligence to ask the right questions when purchasing from GC... 

I would put it purly as the seller fault.

If even the pro cannot spot the issue. How would we layman (some might not even know how to open the cover) know it cannot open?

Its like we go tyre shop replace tyre. Then after a few day u do U turn u realise your tyre hit the fender.

How to fault the driver when they dun even know how to check the size? 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

you all want nice, you should have bought a ceiling mounted aircon

1357d607264195d71072576ea93b2579.jpg

The false  ceiling has to be deep, meaning one will need  to have a tall ceiling , otherwise the cassette will be hanging quite  low andnthencassett will be prodltrudingout of the false ceiling. I had wanted to install a ceiling cassette but am told my false ceiling has to be 12 inch, otherwise it wont fit the cassette.

Edited by Ct3833

My question would be if the fan coil was really installed before the false ceiling is mounted. Looking at the small space around the fan coil, the installer would be having a hard time carrying out the installation and should have feedback this to the house owner.

The solution moving forward would be simply to cut the false ceiling further away to make space for the fan coil to be serviced easily. Should be cheap to do that.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

I think the old unit is daikin and the new one is mitsu electric. Slim vs fat! 
not that cheap to cut and replaster. Guess $100 at least. But then no choice to swallow this cost. I doubt gain city will compensate. 

• Praise 3

Remove the false ceilings and junk all cornices. Don't understand why people install these when most of our flats have super low heights to begin with.

Just now, Kangadrool said:

Remove the false ceilings and junk all cornices. Don't understand why people install these when most of our CONDO have super low heights to begin with.

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Remove the false ceilings and junk all cornices. Don't understand why people install these when most of our flats have super low heights to begin with.

I have led down lights in half my house with false ceiling. I think it's great. The false ceiling depth is only 10cm. Yes even in hdb. 10cm isn't really noticeable. 

All my future homes will have this. Unless u have a chandelier or a lighting that's going to be an aesthetic focal point.

Most Ceiling lights have a poor aesthetic and invariably too dim. 

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic
(edited)
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

I would put it purly as the seller fault.

If even the pro cannot spot the issue. How would we layman (some might not even know how to open the cover) know it cannot open?

Its like we go tyre shop replace tyre. Then after a few day u do U turn u realise your tyre hit the fender.

How to fault the driver when they dun even know how to check the size? 

I think it's a two way road.

No doubt the installer is a cockster. 70% his fault.

But it's Your own home leh. Will U go outside buy furniture without measuring? 

Similarly if you ask for RFT, then installer install Liao then u complain say why the ride so hard ? 

Honestly the person who come install may not notice the clearance issue.

If the pipes and trunking is all in place. 

The fcu comes up in one piece brand new. And they are usually booked through the day. They come drill bracket then stick it up and connect its done Liao. 

If when u book the AC that time u show the salesman this photo and the size of the daikin fcu relative to the alcove created for the fcu. The salesman say OK no problem. Then bo wei gong lor. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

Twincharged
33 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I think it's a two way road.

No doubt the installer is a cockster. 70% his fault.

But it's Your own home leh. Will U go outside buy furniture without measuring? 

Similarly if you ask for RFT, then installer install Liao then u complain say why the ride so hard ? 

Honestly the person who come install may not notice the clearance issue.

If the pipes and trunking is all in place. 

The fcu comes up in one piece brand new. And they are usually booked through the day. They come drill bracket then stick it up and connect its done Liao. 

If when u book the AC that time u show the salesman this photo and the size of the daikin fcu relative to the alcove created for the fcu. The salesman say OK no problem. Then bo wei gong lor. 

i think he mentioned that there was a site inspection before quoting. so i would put more of the blame on the site inspector.

↡ Advertisement